Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #171
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Everything's racist to you all of a sudden.

    Why don't you want to stop, pull back, and consider that maybe it didn't happen (either at all - or as this one customer says it did). What made his one post irrefutable proof, to you?

    I still stand by my belief that there's no proof it even happened.
    It is ridiculous to think for a moment that this was made up. Maybe you mean, they saw racism when it wasn't there? Is that what you are saying?

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I'm guessing that they were loud. White people find loud black people scary. End of story.
    Maybe you do.
    White people I know aren't "scared" of negroes. The only ones who should fear them are old women alone, old men alone, young kids alone, and any (unarmed) white woman alone amongst them.

    I just take the safety off.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Right as the country commemorates the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, people are flocking to social media to condemn a South Carolina restaurant for its allegedly racist actions.

    According to CBS affiliate WCSC-TV, Michael Brown and 24 of his family and friends were at Wild Wing Cafe celebrating his cousin's final day in Charleston, S.C., last month when the group was suddenly told to leave.

    The reason? The shift manager allegedly told Brown that a white customer felt "threatened" by his party. When one of Brown's companions started filming the exchange, the shift manager is said to have told the group to leave.

    "[That] totally alarmed all of us because we're sitting there peaceably for two hours," Brown told the news outlet.

    Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened': Report

    "I had a dream" where restaurants would not turn away black diners who were waiting peacefully for 2 hours to get seated because "1 white customer felt threatened". Sorry, but this is just horrible. The last day's dinner of these people was ruined because of the unreasonable feelings of 1 diner in a restaurant.

    I blame the manager for this disaster. She should have reasoned with the "fearful" customer and solved this. This is a public image nightmare for this company due to intolerance and what looks like racism on a weekend that was the 50th anniversary of the march on Washington and one of the most monumental events in the civil rights struggle.

    I also wonder, whether the same would have happened if 1 black person had complained he/she felt threatened by a large group of white people.
    The feeling threatened thing is pretty stupid, but I definitely would've booted them for the noise. Large groups of black people do put up such a racket.

  4. #174
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    They had been in the restaurant for 2 hours, if they were acting badly they would have been thrown out long before that.

    The story from Live5news writes that they were regular customers. There is no indication that they were misbehaving and were just refused because someone felt threatened by the group of black people. The story also says it was 1 guest who felt threatened, if they were an actual threat more diners would have felt threatened and we have no evidence of this happening.

    If they have were problem customers they would not have been offered free meals but they would have been told it was your fault so please don't come to our restaurant ever again.
    We only know one side of the story, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #175
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,137

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Maybe you do.
    White people I know aren't "scared" of negroes. The only ones who should fear them are old women alone, old men alone, young kids alone, and women alone amongst them.

    I just take the safety off.
    yes. you carry because you are not afraid
    got it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes. you carry because you are not afraid
    got it
    Interpret it any way you want. Doesn't matter if the criminal is white or black. I won't be a victim.

  7. #177
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,137

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Interpret it any way you want. Doesn't matter if the criminal is white or black. I won't be a victim.
    no way you're scared
    you carry because you feel so safe without it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I doubt we really know enough to be sure of anything. But this is an internet forum were we talk about stuff we dont usually know everything about.
    I'd take it a step farther and say that often we talk endlessly about things we know nothing about ...

  9. #179
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    I was trying not to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I'd take it a step farther and say that often we talk endlessly about things we know nothing about ...
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no way you're scared
    you carry because you feel so safe without it

    Sure...sure...Whatever you say.

Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •