Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    The primary problem in this issue is, we just don't know what happened, and people are taking the bit, then running with it, completely uninformed as to what happened.
    One can only comment on available information. If the issue is political, then nobody would be able to comment on anything since politics is most lies.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you say that you actively avoid black people, then when someone says that's bigoted your answer is about political correctness. OK....
    I actively avoid some black people. For instance, when I see a group of young black men in front of a convenience store I go elsewhere. When I see a rowdy group of blacks being loud in a restaurant, I eat elsewhere. It's called freedom of association. You see, I don't feel the need to show the world I'm alright with everything that's considered politically correct. I also use hyperbole in many of my postings; I know others will assume the worst.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Conservatives keep saying leftist say that. I have never heard anyone say that. I was simply asking who.
    I have heard race-baters say it before. I didn't think I would need to note the exact words and exact circumstances, but yes I have heard this said before.

  4. #114
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Maybe because they were regulars, they liked the food and maybe because it is not that easy to sit a party of 25 and they were told that they could be seated there.



    Well, that sounds like some pretty good reasons.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Few things annoy me more than someone who feel they have to show the world how they are beyond anything that might be construed as racism. It must be a horrible life when you feel you must prove yourself to complete strangers.
    Lord help us if we ever get to a day when blacks are no longer oppressed by society. /snark
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #116
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Yea, the only people I have heard say it are consrevatives too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I have heard race-baters say it before. I didn't think I would need to note the exact words and exact circumstances, but yes I have heard this said before.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    You too?

    I see no proof it happened that isn't hearsay - once I see proof it happened - which isn't hearsay - then I can asses the situation. Right now there are so many unknown elements, no one can make a call one way or the other.

    I just seems like common sense to me to gather all of the information, first, before deciding my response. Whereas some people don't want to wait for anything at all, and instead, are going straight for a boycott.

    When did seeking out more evidence of a crime or injustice become racist? Why, since it's a situation involving possible racism, then the investigate-and-undercover facts approach to crime and justice go out the window?

    That makes no sense - imagine if we did that in response to every accusation that was raised.
    Of course we don't know everything yet. Nobody's denying that. What is being denied by some, however, that if this story does pan out to be true, then it will be very difficult to make the case that racism was not involved. Denial of the existence racism is a form of racism.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  8. #118
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I am sorry, but the original article was called
    Yes, that's the title, but nothing in the article indicates it was race related ...

  9. #119
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Of course we don't know everything yet. Nobody's denying that. What is being denied by some, however, that if this story does pan out to be true, then it will be very difficult to make the case that racism was not involved. Denial of the existence racism is a form of racism.
    Have you really ever come across anyone who has ever denied the existence of racism?

    I haven't.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  10. #120
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    There was race involved. If there was a threat or an altercation there would have been police involvement. Some person feeling threatened because they have to sit near black people is pure racism.
    No, that is your assumption about the incident.

    Could it involve race? Sure. Does anything in the article indicate it involved race? No

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •