Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Did you listen to the interview with the spokesman for the group?

    He said the manager told him there was an issue with another patrón but they were not asked to leave until the filming started.

    How can that be construed as racist?
    It can be interpreted as racist or at least some other form of discrimination. Either way, the manager handled the situation poorly.

    I'm not saying the local has a racist policy. It surely hasn't as the woman at the end of the interview said that those people were regulars. It was just an unfortunate chain of events that night and the manager is to blame. It can be seen as a racist motivation.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    It can be interpreted as racist or at least some other form of discrimination. Either way, the manager handled the situation poorly.

    I'm not saying the local has a racist policy. It surely hasn't as the woman at the end of the interview said that those people were regulars. It was just an unfortunate chain of events that night and the manager is to blame. It can be seen as a racist motivation.
    Is it racist to tell a large group of people that they have had a complaint from another customer no matter the color of each?

    It is being said here that asking the group to leave was predicated on the complaint from the other patrón, but it wasn't, if you believe the man that it actually happened to.

    If the group had been white and they had started filming, I bet they would have been asked to leave just the same.

  3. #103
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    must be some mighty damn good food at that place. these people waited two hours in the ****ing rain for a seat? sorry, but unless they are giving out complimentary blowjobs...I'm not waiting two hours for a meal
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Who are you quoting?
    Did I use quotation marks?

  5. #105
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I don't feel the need to succumb to political correctness. I don't go out looking for friends of a particular color in order to prove to those who don't know me that I am not a racist. I have worked with blacks in machine shops most of my career. We got along, had a good time and, God forbid, even enjoyed lunch together. Just because they never invited me to their houses did not make me think they were racist. The fact that they spent more time with those of their own color did not make me think they were racist, just like none of them ever accused me of racism. Now someone like you comes along and after reading a few words I posted makes this claim. Just why should I care at all what someone like you thinks of me?
    So you say that you actively avoid black people, then when someone says that's bigoted your answer is about political correctness. OK....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    must be some mighty damn good food at that place. these people waited two hours in the ****ing rain for a seat? sorry, but unless they are giving out complimentary blowjobs...I'm not waiting two hours for a meal
    Yet to eat there, but I hear the food is awful.

  7. #107
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Conservatives keep saying leftist say that. I have never heard anyone say that. I was simply asking who.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Did I use quotation marks?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #108
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    show up with 24 people without a reservation or call ahead, wait two hours. I don't get it. though I could imagine that anyone waiting that long might get loud and a bit testy.

    unfortunately we will probably never get the full story on what actually happened.

    Though it would have been funny if the shift mananger who asked them to leave had been black
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Right as the country commemorates the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, people are flocking to social media to condemn a South Carolina restaurant for its allegedly racist actions.

    According to CBS affiliate WCSC-TV, Michael Brown and 24 of his family and friends were at Wild Wing Cafe celebrating his cousin's final day in Charleston, S.C., last month when the group was suddenly told to leave.

    The reason? The shift manager allegedly told Brown that a white customer felt "threatened" by his party. When one of Brown's companions started filming the exchange, the shift manager is said to have told the group to leave.

    "[That] totally alarmed all of us because we're sitting there peaceably for two hours," Brown told the news outlet.

    Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened': Report

    "I had a dream" where restaurants would not turn away black diners who were waiting peacefully for 2 hours to get seated because "1 white customer felt threatened". Sorry, but this is just horrible. The last day's dinner of these people was ruined because of the unreasonable feelings of 1 diner in a restaurant.

    I blame the manager for this disaster. She should have reasoned with the "fearful" customer and solved this. This is a public image nightmare for this company due to intolerance and what looks like racism on a weekend that was the 50th anniversary of the march on Washington and one of the most monumental events in the civil rights struggle.

    I also wonder, whether the same would have happened if 1 black person had complained he/she felt threatened by a large group of white people.
    I find it hard to believe that this would happen in SC without there being considerably more to the story. There a lot of black people in that area, anyone who lives there would accept them as a normal part of their society. We'll see what develops.

    On the other hand, 1 gay person could scream "homophobe" and have the entire restaurant to themselves just to be fair.

  10. #110
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    The entire thing smells like made up BS to me.

    If it did happen: I see 'a customer complaint' as an excuse by management to dodge a blow. . . because since WHEN does any restaurant kick out '24 well behaving PAYING patrons' because ONE PERSON claimed they felt threatened?

    I'd like actual evidence it even happened. I wouldn't put it past someone to just make up a baseless accusation because they were peeved at the service (for no reason, even) - Evidence that it happened would be surveillance footage. We could then see:

    1) How the group was behaving (if they were really there)
    2) Another customer actually complained (if it really happened)
    3) They were kicked out as a result of that complaint (if it really happened)

    If it even happened at all - it just might be a made up story beginning to end - which I think it is. Who in the hell supposedly waits for two hours to eat, anyway? That's the gist - they weren't even IN the restaurant. What were they supposedly doing? Chilling out in the parking lot for two hours? I don't think so - who in the hell would DO THAT?

    There is no evidence - this all started because of a Facebook post . . . and I'm not going to be the idiot who believes any of it without any sort of PROOF.

    Restaurants send away people who misbehave.
    They send away people because they are a group of TWENTY FOUR waiting for 2 hours and there's still no seating for TWENTY FOUR people. (This is what I expect happened - and the race/customer complaint is made up. If it happened at all).

    I just don't believe any of it. . . sounds like he's full of **** and trying to incite a race riot.

    Is this what we've come down to - believing anything that's on the internet as if it's some sort of truth.
    Good post. I'd like more information as well, I found a USA today article quoting the marketing chief of the food chain saying that they were investigating the incident so I'm curious as to what they'll find and I'm hoping they actually will demand proof of the incident before taking any serious action against any of their staff.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •