Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: who killed these babies ?

  1. #91
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: who killed these babies ?



    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    Iraq had no WMDs, remember? If they did have, I think it would be considered a comfortable truth. It would help to justify a war that most of the world was against. Of course most of the world agreed that there were no WMDs too.
    Where have you been?

    W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.” — From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998
    “In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.” — Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002
    This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.” — From a December 6, 2001 letter signed by Bob Graham, Joe Lieberman, Harold Ford, & Tom Lantos among others
    “Saddam’s goal … is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed.” — Madeline Albright, 1998
    “What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq represents with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad’s regime did use such weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to think that, over the past four years, in the absence of international inspectors, this country has continued armament programs.” — Jacques Chirac, October 16, 2002
    If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People — Version 3.0 | Right Wing News

    snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #92
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1) We're pulling out too early.

    2) Though the country may still be a ****hole, there isn't an out of control crazy man threatening the region.

    3) WW2 taught us that sitting back and hoping things will work themselves out doesn't work. We could have waited another 20 years, but we would have gone into Iraq, sooner or later, only by then things may be so out of control that it would cost us 40,000 lives rather than 4,000.
    I don't disagree with you that, like most things, Obama is not doing the work he should be doing in Afghanistan and Iraq. I maintain however that we cannot nation build.

    Reagan was able to work with Hussein. Granted he was a tyrant. He was someone else's tyrant however. Our military could have taken out Iraq's government at any time with relative minimal effort, as far as war goes if there is such a thing. Being an oil producing nation, at the time, the only reason to go into Iraq was for oil if they stopped production. As it is, most of Iraq's oil goes to the far east because logistics are easier than routing it through Rotterdam. That wasn't the issue at the time however. Going there was a mistake.

    We entered WW2 because Germany was interfering with our trade with Europe and trade routs to Europe. It was in our national interest to defeat Germany and keep our trading partners free. I see no such national interest being served at this point in time in Syria. Muslims have killed more Muslims in the world than anyone else. During the Viet Nam era they used to say, kill them all and let God sort it out.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Bush's fault.

  4. #94
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Out of the bubble the U.S. created within the U.S. Leading up to that war news agencies and experts around the world were refuting the WMD claims by the U.S. Govt. The press within the U.S. were not questioning anything. Did anyone in the U.S. wonder why they could not get countries around the world onboard with the Iraq invasion? With the exception of Britain, all the countries that went with the U.S. to Afganistan and to Iraq I, refused this time. What was the response of the American citizens? Was it to wonder why? No, it was to rename french fries and french toast. It was to decide not to vacation in Canada.

    The U.S. Americans (love that quote) were inundated with false information and the press did their best to support the bad info. So most Americans supported the war (Dems and GOP).
    It was another case of propoganda working, another case of the big Lie.


    A link you posted said "If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People - " That is just silly. I tell a lie to you and convinced you I am telling the truth because I have irrefutable evidence. You repeat the lie and present it as fact to another. Did you lie? A Lie requires an intention to decieve.
    The quotes you present show no such intention. All they really show is Democrats supporting the Government of the day on a matter considered to be bi-partisan.

    In your response to me you tried to show me that Democrats supported the war. There is no question, that is true. Not supporting the war became the most unAmerican thing you could do.

    I can only hope that this is a mistake that America will not be repeat in the future. I fear that hope is futile though.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  5. #95
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You think the Castro regime's state media is a legit source?
    If the reporting turns out to be accurate, then yes, it's a legit source.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #96
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Let's face reality. The Castro regime will gladly take the word of random terrorists if it is detrimental to the US.
    Not to be too flippant, but I've seen US regimes taking the word of some pretty shady characters when it's beneficial to their cause or goals.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #97
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    Iraq had no WMDs, remember? If they did have, I think it would be considered a comfortable truth.
    You may want to read the entire thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    It would help to justify a war that most of the world was against.
    I wasn't in favor of the second Gulf War. Yet, most of the world was. Maybe you should look at the number of countries that were in agreement that Saddam had WMD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    Of course most of the world agreed that there were no WMDs too.
    Read previous post. Even France. The one "allied country" that was against going in with the second Gulf War, also believed that there were in fact WMD's there.

    Like I said, read the rest of the thread for a more in-depth discussion about the WMD's that Saddam had at one point.

  8. #98
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    If the reporting turns out to be accurate, then yes, it's a legit source.
    So if a truther website gets something correct, about anything, it's a legit source?

  9. #99
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: who killed these babies ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So if a truther website gets something correct, about anything, it's a legit source?
    Yes, it is, on the "something" they got correct. It's not that hard a concept to grasp. If the "Castro" website claimed the sun rises in the east, would you say that's nonsense, the source can't be believed?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •