Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: US solider receives life sentence.

  1. #71
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Guy needs his goose cooked.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #72
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He's a human being, and I don't believe that killing them is what our government should be doing.
    You government and my own government order the killing of many evil people why should he be excused for his crimes? What if we let him loose in the desert and killed him with a drone, would that be more acceptable?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    You government and my own government order the killing of many evil people why should he be excused for his crimes? What if we let him loose in the desert and killed him with a drone, would that be more acceptable?
    Look, I don't believe in the death penalty okay? I already told you that they can be locked up.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Look, I don't believe in the death penalty okay? I already told you that they can be locked up.
    I just think it makes the West look like hypocrites, we send war criminals to the Hague to be tried as a war criminals, endorse the execution of dictators like Saddam, executed Bin Laden on the spot etc but when its one of our own we are suddenly all humanitarians. Just seems to me like people don't mind the dirty work being done as long as its not one of their own who is affected by it.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #75
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    I just think it makes the West look like hypocrites, we send war criminals to the Hague to be tried as a war criminals, endorse the execution of dictators like Saddam, executed Bin Laden on the spot etc but when its one of our own we are suddenly all humanitarians. Just seems to me like people don't mind the dirty work being done as long as its not one of their own who is affected by it.
    Who gives a xxxt? This is our country, he's one of our guys who lost his mind. We'll set him free if we want.

  6. #76
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    BBC News - Afghan massacre soldier Robert Bales gets life sentence


    The US soldier who murdered 16 Afghan villagers last year has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

    Staff Sgt Robert Bales, 40, opened fire on men, children and women during the attack in Kandahar on 11 March 2012.

    The father of two pleaded guilty in June to avoid the death penalty.

    Justice for the victims or should he have got the death penalty?
    The death penalty would be a mercy for him. He can think about this, curled up in his cell, for many decades to come. He has embarrassed our nation far more than Manning or Snowden could even aspire to. He will not be loved or be treated as hero. Killing families isn't cool.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    I just think it makes the West look like hypocrites, we send war criminals to the Hague to be tried as a war criminals, endorse the execution of dictators like Saddam, executed Bin Laden on the spot etc but when its one of our own we are suddenly all humanitarians. Just seems to me like people don't mind the dirty work being done as long as its not one of their own who is affected by it.
    Who's "we?" And just because my government might endorse something, that certainly doesn't mean that I do. I am an individual person you know with my OWN thoughts and feelings.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Who's "we?" And just because my government might endorse something, that certainly doesn't mean that I do. I am an individual person you know with my OWN thoughts and feelings.
    your a tax payer....
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    your a tax payer....
    I don't really have a choice about that, now do I?

  10. #80
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US solider receives life sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Hamid Karzai reading this news will be telling himself "Holy ****, he took 16 lives and now he is enjoying free food and lodging for life"
    That is the reward given to most murderers that we all work to pay for.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •