Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 274

Thread: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

  1. #81
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    .....you have to be joking. Seriously, you have to be putting us on right now. There is no way you can read what is written there and stick to your position.
    Au contraire. This is classic Washington non-language. It means "none of this is binding."

    "Moreover, HHS is committed to ensuring that any demonstration projects approved under this authority will be focused on improving employment outcomes and contributing to the evidence base for effective programs; therefore, terms and conditions will require a federally-approved evaluation plan designed to build our knowledge base."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #82
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    The problem with that link is that everyone knows it's based on fiction.

    Thanks for trying tho.
    Whoa. Did I say that? What an ass I am. I was kidding, though. They keep crossing me up. At first, it was a monkey. Now, it's a lemur. I just wish they'd make up their minds... science is somewhat inexact sometimes...

  3. #83
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,328

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I hope Republicans impeach him in the House. That worked fantastically for them with Clinton.

    You attribute his impeachment proceeding to partisanship ? Seriously ? He lied under Oath, committed perjury, something that would get our average American citizen in a whole bunch of hot water.

    High crimes and misdemeanors....for Republicans only right ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  4. #84
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Au contraire. This is classic Washington non-language. It means "none of this is binding."
    So in the face of the actual text, you go with the "well, I know what it REALLY means" argument. Interesting...

  5. #85
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So in the face of the actual text, you go with the "well, I know what it REALLY means" argument. Interesting...
    No. The text says it's not binding.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #86
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. The text says it's not binding.
    The text says the waiver is only granted if the state can put together a plan to improve the existing plan and if it's approved by the federal government. If the plan developed by the state does not show improvement, the federal government can revoke the waiver.

    The text also notes how HHS has legal ability to do exactly what they are doing. So I'm not sure if your argument is that Obama is violating Constitutional powers or if your argument is that the waiver says people don't have to work for welfare, but both would be wrong. To be honest, I'm not sure what your point is, other than to link to an obviously biased editorial, an editorial which blatantly misrepresented what happened with the welfare work requirement.

  7. #87
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    The text says the waiver is only granted if the state can put together a plan to improve the existing plan and if it's approved by the federal government. If the plan developed by the state does not show improvement, the federal government can revoke the waiver.

    The text also notes how HHS has legal ability to do exactly what they are doing. So I'm not sure if your argument is that Obama is violating Constitutional powers or if your argument is that the waiver says people don't have to work for welfare, but both would be wrong. To be honest, I'm not sure what your point is, other than to link to an obviously biased editorial, an editorial which blatantly misrepresented what happened with the welfare work requirement.
    The text in your link includes no enforcement. There is none.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #88
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The text in your link includes no enforcement. There is none.
    The enforcement is the revoking of the waiver if the state does not meet its goal.

    "The terms and conditions will establish consequences for failing to meet interim performance targets including, but not limited to, the implementation of an improvement plan and, if the failure to meet performance targets continues, termination of the waivers and demonstration project. "

  9. #89
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    The enforcement is the revoking of the waiver if the state does not meet its goal.

    "The terms and conditions will establish consequences for failing to meet interim performance targets including, but not limited to, the implementation of an improvement plan and, if the failure to meet performance targets continues, termination of the waivers and demonstration project. "
    ". . . continues . . ." Indeed. As I said, no enforcement. The work requirement is gone.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As a non lawyer, I agree with Sen. Coburn...I think that Obama is doing things that long ago should have been considered for action. So my question is, why do you think that he can get away with some of the clear violations he has, when if we were talking of a republican violating the constitution in the same way the calls for impeachment would be loud and steady....
    What the **** is the point?

    Do we really need Biden as prez and a bunch of progressives talking ****?

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •