Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 274

Thread: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

  1. #241
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,077
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    If it's what the people want like Republicans claim then why hasn't the House of Representatives, which is dominated by Republicans, brought up Impeachment charges against the president? Are they too busy voting to repeal the PPACA? How many times have they done that now? 40 times? 70 times? Just

  2. #242
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    If it's what the people want like Republicans claim then why hasn't the House of Representatives, which is dominated by Republicans, brought up Impeachment charges against the president? Are they too busy voting to repeal the PPACA? How many times have they done that now? 40 times? 70 times? Just
    Where's the budget? Probably the same place Harry Reid keeps hiding those ACA bills under....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #243
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That they did. Obama should have been beaten. He was hardly in a position of strength. But the republican field was poor, and even with that they picked the guy most like Obama. And Romney ran a foolish campaign. As long as the approach by republicans is to be over the top, they will likely have serious trouble winning a national election.
    And why is it that republicans keep running mushy crap instead of strong, go at ya candidates? How often do we hear from liberal progressives in here, "Repubs will continue to loose if they keep......"????

    Here's the truth, Republicans will continue to loose if they keep listening to liberal progressives on who they should run. If they continue to let liberal progressives set the agenda. If they continue to allow liberal progressives get away with their lies, their cheating, their over all disgusting behavior.

    An honest man rarely has a chance against an accomplished liar.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #244
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Where's the budget? Probably the same place Harry Reid keeps hiding those ACA bills under....
    "Budget? We don't need no stinkin budget! We need...."

    Obama Weed.jpg
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  5. #245
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Whatever you say . . .


    Lawlessness in the Executive

    BY JEFFREY H. ANDERSON
    As was quite clear at the time, the biggest mistake that Mitt Romney’s campaign made in 2012 was not aggressively attacking Obamacare. What may well have been its second-biggest mistake, however, was less noticed: the striking silence in the face of President Obama’s announcement ... Obama has also ignored the mid-1990s welfare-reform law, allowing states to strip the “work” out of workfare . . .
    Or whatever the truth says:

    Romney’s ad says, "Under Obama’s plan (for welfare), you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check."

    That's a drastic distortion of the planned changes to Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. By granting waivers to states, the Obama administration is seeking to make welfare-to-work efforts more successful, not end them. What’s more, the waivers would apply to individually evaluated pilot programs -- HHS is not proposing a blanket, national change to welfare law.

    The ad tries to connect the dots to reach this zinger: "They just send you your welfare check." The HHS memo in no way advocates that practice. In fact, it says the new policy is "designed to improve employment outcomes for needy families."

    The ad’s claim is not accurate, and it inflames old resentments about able-bodied adults sitting around collecting public assistance. Pants on Fire!

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...bandons-tenet/

  6. #246
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And why is it that republicans keep running mushy crap instead of strong, go at ya candidates? How often do we hear from liberal progressives in here, "Repubs will continue to loose if they keep......"????

    Here's the truth, Republicans will continue to loose if they keep listening to liberal progressives on who they should run. If they continue to let liberal progressives set the agenda. If they continue to allow liberal progressives get away with their lies, their cheating, their over all disgusting behavior.

    An honest man rarely has a chance against an accomplished liar.
    And haven't we been right? There are limits that each party can actually get away with. Obama was beatable. Most of us knew that. But many of us were exactly right concerning what it took to win. yet as little as it was, your party failed to listen. So, it's really up to you. I'm sure democrats hope you keep it up. But all any of us can do is point it out to you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #247
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And haven't we been right? There are limits that each party can actually get away with. Obama was beatable. Most of us knew that. But many of us were exactly right concerning what it took to win. yet as little as it was, your party failed to listen. So, it's really up to you. I'm sure democrats hope you keep it up. But all any of us can do is point it out to you.
    Oh man....This is just too good.... As if liberal progressives are somehow smarter, more enlightened, and repubs are just too damned dumb not to do as they say....*shakes head*... Wow!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #248
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh man....This is just too good.... As if liberal progressives are somehow smarter, more enlightened, and repubs are just too damned dumb not to do as they say....*shakes head*... Wow!
    Hey, but they repeat it ad-nauseum. It must be true.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  9. #249
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Hey, but they repeat it ad-nauseum. It must be true.
    Yep, to be sure Ed....I guess they never had that moment in a group when someone displaying such arrogance is talked about as an asshole when they leave the conversation.

    Polite people just don't invite them to the next gathering.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #250
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, to be sure Ed....I guess they never had that moment in a group when someone displaying such arrogance is talked about as an asshole when they leave the conversation.

    Polite people just don't invite them to the next gathering.
    I'm certain if civility and politeness were something they valued, for their own altruistic interest in the welfare of others, they'd never enter the conversation in the first place.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •