Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 274

Thread: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

  1. #211
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,932
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You may tell yourself that, but you're joining in on a huge hyperbolic misrepresentation.

    The "vast right wing conspiracy?" Haven't heard that line for a while.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #212
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The "vast right wing conspiracy?" Haven't heard that line for a while.
    Again nit what I said. I said hyperbole. I said misrepresentation. Not conspiracy. Just cheap exaggeration.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #213
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,932
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again nit what I said. I said hyperbole. I said misrepresentation. Not conspiracy. Just cheap exaggeration.
    Ah. But you DID suggest that I don't understand why I believe what I believe. Would that be a fair description?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #214
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Ah. But you DID suggest that I don't understand why I believe what I believe. Would that be a fair description?
    I suggested it is hyperbolic, exaggerated, and a misrepresentation. Whether you understand that or not I can't say.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #215
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,932
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I suggested it is hyperbolic, exaggerated, and a misrepresentation. Whether you understand that or not I can't say.
    Ah. Well I think it's objective and data-driven.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #216
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Ah. Well I think it's objective and data-driven.
    Actually, it's not. The data includes the facts of how it came about, the problem that was being addressed, the response to the questioning. Your conclusions are not in sync with the data.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #217
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,122
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Why haven't Republicans in the House brought up impeachment charges?
    bump!

  8. #218
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Sorry you wasted so much time on a lost cause. Game, set, match.

    The Truth About Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and Welfare Reform ...

    US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and moreOpinionPeter Roff
    Sep 24, 2012 - President Obama does not have the authority to remove the work requirement from welfare.

    The Government Accountability Office, an independent federal agency, has weighed in on the side of the GOP—at least as far as Obama's authority to waive the tough work requirements that are the cornerstone of the new law is concerned.
    In early September the agency issued a report that stated the waivers the administration had announced could not be accomplished unilaterally and needed, instead, to be submitted to Congress for approval.
    First of all, President Obama did not remove the work requirement. The dishonesty from the anti-Obama crowd is simply amazing.

    Second of all, if you knew of this report already, why did you continue to ask the question? Seems incredibly dishonest to me.

    Third of all, despite what the GAO said, it doesn't change the fact the LAW ITSELF granted the power to the Secretary of the HHS to work with states to improve the stated goals. Now we could either say the law was poorly written OR you can say the waivers can still proceed when going through proper channels, but no matter how you want to look at it, the Secretary of Health and Human services DOES have that power.

    In other words, your dishonesty still doesn't change the fact nothing was done illegally. You lose and lose badly.

  9. #219
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,932
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, it's not. The data includes the facts of how it came about, the problem that was being addressed, the response to the questioning. Your conclusions are not in sync with the data.

    Lawlessness in the Executive

    BY JEFFREY H. ANDERSON
    As was quite clear at the time, the biggest mistake that Mitt Romney’s campaign made in 2012 was not aggressively attacking Obamacare. What may well have been its second-biggest mistake, however, was less noticed: the striking silence in the face of President Obama’s announcement ... Obama has also ignored the mid-1990s welfare-reform law, allowing states to strip the “work” out of workfare . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #220
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,932
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Coburn: Obama 'Getting Perilously Close' To Standard For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    First of all, President Obama did not remove the work requirement. The dishonesty from the anti-Obama crowd is simply amazing.

    Second of all, if you knew of this report already, why did you continue to ask the question? Seems incredibly dishonest to me.

    Third of all, despite what the GAO said, it doesn't change the fact the LAW ITSELF granted the power to the Secretary of the HHS to work with states to improve the stated goals. Now we could either say the law was poorly written OR you can say the waivers can still proceed when going through proper channels, but no matter how you want to look at it, the Secretary of Health and Human services DOES have that power.

    In other words, your dishonesty still doesn't change the fact nothing was done illegally. You lose and lose badly.
    Whatever you say . . .


    Lawlessness in the Executive

    BY JEFFREY H. ANDERSON
    As was quite clear at the time, the biggest mistake that Mitt Romney’s campaign made in 2012 was not aggressively attacking Obamacare. What may well have been its second-biggest mistake, however, was less noticed: the striking silence in the face of President Obama’s announcement ... Obama has also ignored the mid-1990s welfare-reform law, allowing states to strip the “work” out of workfare . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •