Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 103

Thread: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Didn't businesses get another full year extension for this? I would not expect them to lower hours a year and a half in advance.

    Anyhow, I am not even sure you are wrong. I just wanted to say one thing to this...
    The only people I know of personally that have had their hours cut recently were affected by the Sequester. (3 people)
    It doesn't matter. There is also a fee or tax that I believe took effect on July. I forget the numbers, but it was something like 2% for last year, 4% for this, and next year will be much higher. Adjusted for what is needed.

    I forget the specifics, maybe someone knows which part of the law I am speaking of.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    And it was under 6 for 80% of Bushes term until the left took both houses of congress too.
    Yep.

    I have had to continually remind the left in other forums that things were pretty good until the 2006 elections.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It was 4.2% when Bush and Republicans took power in 2000.

    We can play that game all day long. It's probably a better idea to discuss the policies which have resulted in the various changes, rather than timing.
    No, you can't unless that is all it is to you. A game.

    Facts are facts. The semiconductor/communications revolution and Y2K scare drove the 90's. Not Clinton.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Businesses with less than 50 employees do not have to provide any insurance.
    Yep.

    If you have employees that number in the 50's, it's a pretty easy choice to cut jobs.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yep.

    I have had to continually remind the left in other forums that things were pretty good until the 2006 elections.
    By the 2006 election, the housing bubble had already begun its implosion.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    By the 2006 election, the housing bubble had already begun its implosion.
    It wasn't the cause of the economic fall of everyone else.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    It wasn't the cause of the economic fall of everyone else.
    The collapse of the real estate markets caused the collapse of the credit markets. That was the economic collapse. That in turn led to the collapse of the stock market as well as the collapse in related industries. And that collapse began with housing bubble bursting, which began around early 2006.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The collapse of the real estate markets caused the collapse of the credit markets. That was the economic collapse. That in turn led to the collapse of the stock market as well as the collapse in related industries. And that collapse began with housing bubble bursting, which began around early 2006.
    If there was no bailout, there would have been a natural correction. The larger problem was actually from the FEC rule changes pertaining to short selling of stocks, which caused a huge problem for most investors, more so than one segment called the housing market.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    I am doing better than I ever have under Obama. I would be doing better than I ever have under Romney. Who is President really doesn't have a lot to do with my success or failure unless they order a nuke strike on my city or something. It has more to do with where you are in the life curve than who is POTUS IMO.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,281

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I am doing better than I ever have under Obama. I would be doing better than I ever have under Romney. Who is President really doesn't have a lot to do with my success or failure unless they order a nuke strike on my city or something. It has more to do with where you are in the life curve than who is POTUS IMO.
    Yep.

    For people to think they have no control over their destiny, have lost. They already gave control to the politicians.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •