Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 103

Thread: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

  1. #11
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Again, a difference not worthy of note. But Gallup's upward trend to almost 9% in just the last three weeks is alarming, especially because this is not a poll with a history of wild swings due to statistical anomalies.
    Just looking on the Gallup page at their unemployment history, and it's clear to see this statement is unequivocally false. For example, on August 3, 2012 the Gallup unemployment rate was 8.2%. Three months later, on November 3, 2012, it was 7%. Three months after that, February 2, 2013, it was 7.8%. The Gallup poll very much seems to have wild swings.

    How many people want to take bets on whether or not Breitbart reported the 8.2% to 7% drop right before the election?


    Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

  2. #12
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Just looking on the Gallup page at their unemployment history, and it's clear to see this statement is unequivocally false. For example, on August 3, 2012 the Gallup unemployment rate was 8.2%. Three months later, on November 3, 2012, it was 7%. Three months after that, February 2, 2013, it was 7.8%. The Gallup poll very much seems to have wild swings.

    How many people want to take bets on whether or not Breitbart reported the 8.2% to 7% drop right before the election?


    Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment
    Good Catch. It also, in light of the earlier discussion on how Gallup does not seasonally adjust, makes sense.

  3. #13
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    Businesses with less than 50 employees didn't get any extension. There are about 4.5 million of them.
    Yes, but with under 50 employees we do not have to do anything at all in the way of insurance. There is no effect at all.
    I honestly wish we did. If my competitors had to provide medical coverage, I would gladly do it to.
    I average 3 employees, sometimes reaching 8 and sometimes 0, throughout the years.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Yes, but with under 50 employees we do not have to do anything at all in the way of insurance. There is no effect at all.
    The company I work for has 18 employees and offers health insurance. We renew September 1. The rates just went up 40%
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Your sample size is not even worth mentioning

    90% of the jobs being created are part time jobs. People graduating college with massive student loans aren't getting the careers they used to thanks to Obama and the Democrats
    College graduates weren't getting the careers they used to under Bush either. This isn't the fault of ONE president, but the continuing destructive policies of mulitple Dem AND Rep administrations.

  6. #16
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    The company I work for has 18 employees and offers health insurance. We renew September 1. The rates just went up 40%
    That's great, but it is because they choose to and are in a line of work where business allows them to, not because of Obamacare. Not because the government requires it.
    As for the rate increase, there is just no way for either side to present any well rounded honest argument in either direction at this point in time. Many states are experiencing massive reductions, while others are reporting increases and there is just no way to nail down and define the exact cause.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    That's great, but it is because they choose to and are in a line of work where business allows them to, not because of Obamacare. Not because the government requires it.
    As for the rate increase, there is just no way for either side to present any well rounded honest argument in either direction at this point in time. Many states are experiencing massive reductions, while others are reporting increases and there is just no way to nail down and define the exact cause.
    It is offered as a benefit. It costs the company a lot of money to offer it but we have always had this benefit.

    The rate increase is due to Obamacare. Our State is one that wants Obamacare to succeed so they are doing everything they can to keep the costs of the plans offered on the State exchange low, at least initially, so they have basically given the green light to insurance companies to make up their profits on private insurance plans offered by small businesses. If the state did not want Obamacare to succeed then I suspect any increase would have been much lower.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Gotta love it.

    During the last election Gallup had Obama up quite a bit, conservatives scoffed...

    "They're wrong"

    "they're ****"

    "they're biased"

    "Obama is paying pollsters"

    And now subsequently they've found something from Gallup to attack Obama and are running with it and it can do no wrong.

    America, stop being so obsessed with Polls, they're rubbish no matter what the outcome.

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Your sample size is not even worth mentioning

    90% of the jobs being created are part time jobs. People graduating college with massive student loans aren't getting the careers they used to thanks to Obama and the Democrats
    Yes, yes, everything is the fault of the Democrats. Not like Republicans had anything to do with anything.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Gallup: Unemployment Rate Jumps from 7.7% to 8.9% in 30 Days

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    College graduates weren't getting the careers they used to under Bush either. This isn't the fault of ONE president, but the continuing destructive policies of mulitple Dem AND Rep administrations.
    Bush passed Obamacare?

    Who knew

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, yes, everything is the fault of the Democrats. Not like Republicans had anything to do with anything.
    Which Republican voted for Obamacare?

    Obama's economic policies are directly responsible. All of his promises turned out to be lies. According to his own economic team we should be below 6% unemployment right now.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •