Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 151

Thread: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

  1. #71
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    You would deny these people a chance to try even though it hurts? Must be easy to make that choice standing on the other side of the river. You arent the one losing your lineage to the abyss forever. The need to procreate is the whole meaning of existence and life, the apex of instinct. Yet you would deny it to less fortunate people so easily?
    How much money are you now willing to send them? How about just $1000? Or is it MY money you want take from me and sent to them in taxes? I am to pay for their attempts at genetic immortality. Why is that my problem? It was their gamble with those lives. Let them take care of it.

  2. #72
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    There is no point wasting something that can still function and be a benifit. Wisdom and benifits can still be passed onto society if you dont have kids. But to argue that procreation isnt the main point of existence is pretty damn stupid. I dont get why just because I want to fully understand the ins and outs of the context instead of just a few snippets from this article you gotta try to portray me as a heartless bastard. Stop being petty.
    I do not agree at all that "procreation is the main point of existence." The "point of existence" according to who?

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    You would deny these people a chance to try even though it hurts? Must be easy to make that choice standing on the other side of the river. You arent the one losing your lineage to the abyss forever. The need to procreate is the whole meaning of existence and life, the apex of instinct. Yet you would deny it to less fortunate people so easily?
    Well, during pregnancy the woman was told that her fetus had inherited a full blown version of her inherent genes..

    I would not deny anyone their natural instinct to procreate, but if I was told that my future child would live a pain-filled useless life and would be dead by 12...

    I wouldn't do it..

    That's not love, it's selfishness!

  4. #74
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    I'm going beyond the article as what I am reading is the court ruled for what he wanted in actual effect. The point I go beyond to is I think if someone has a child planning to just dump that child onto the government upon birth UNLESS legally obligated adopted parents are first found, that person goes to prison. For him - or anyone - to have children knowing he can't care for or pay for them is totally unacceptable to me - because it is not only totally wrong - as in EVIL - towards those children - it also is making all of us pay week after month after year for his kids and knowing that is the outcome. People having children they can't, won't and don't properly raise is devastating to our society in may ways and breaking the bank.

  5. #75
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I do not agree at all that "procreation is the main point of existence." The "point of existence" according to who?
    According to what we are and how we continue life. According to the rules of our existence. Let me know when humans can live forever and then perhaps procreation wont be the major point of life anymore? I mean... Personally I think the point of life is to stare at the universe in awe and admire its beauty, continually asking questions and learning forever through time for infinity. But if you dont procreate that ends.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #76
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Well, during pregnancy the woman was told that her fetus had inherited a full blown version of her inherent genes..

    I would not deny anyone their natural instinct to procreate, but if I was told that my future child would live a pain-filled useless life and would be dead by 12...

    I wouldn't do it..

    That's not love, it's selfishness!
    So doctors are never wrong? They dont occasionally tell people they have a month to live and they end up living for many more years? I guess hope and faith are evil things to be discounted and ostracized.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #77
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I'm going beyond the article as what I am reading is the court ruled for what he wanted in actual effect. The point I go beyond to is I think if someone has a child planning to just dump that child onto the government upon birth UNLESS legally obligated adopted parents are first found, that person goes to prison. For him - or anyone - to have children knowing he can't care for or pay for them is totally unacceptable to me - because it is not only totally wrong - as in EVIL - towards those children - it also is making all of us pay week after month after year for his kids and knowing that is the outcome. People having children they can't, won't and don't properly raise is devastating to our society in may ways and breaking the bank.
    You act like we live in a 3rd world country that is running out of food. I think you would be better in some totalitarian country to be honest. Maybe there they would be ok with denying stupid people the chance to breed. Seeing as you are now going beyond this 1 case and talking in general.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    So doctors are never wrong? They dont occasionally tell people they have a month to live and they end up living for many more years? I guess hope and faith are evil things to be discounted and ostracized.
    Sure doctors are sometimes wrong, but after being told with each pregnancy..and the results of 1,2 and then 3 severely handicapped children..

    I would have seen the light after the first...who was basically a human tube...no recognition, screaming with pain 22 hours out of 24..

    If you kept an animal like this, you would go to prison for cruelty...

  9. #79
    Anarcho Facist
    Spriggs05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    07-10-16 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,428

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Wow, certainly a "MAN'S VIEW." Rather than him having a 10 minute vasectomy, she can just have 29 abortions at the cost of those or take 750 at $40 each extreme hormone pills. But OMG not mess with the man's sperm (that he doesn't want)!
    Since its Britain we have the NHS and so it does not cost her anything that she isn't already paying. My issue with it is that there was a simple option rather than going to court and wasting time over an issue that never should have been national news. You said yourself that he has the mind of a six year old, so therefore how can you be 100% sure that he doesn't want sperm, he said he never wanted another child. He never said anything about not wanting sperm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Freedom cannot be brought by foreigners with a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The idiots on this board that fully take the republican or democrat side and think their party is the harbingers of truth and justice and the other, evil scum who are ruining the country. When you realize they're both the latter, you have reached enlightenment.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Yeah, that would be known as lies. Thanks anyway.
    Hillarious!.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •