Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 151

Thread: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

  1. #61
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I'd be fine with castrating violent rapists, but that is a different topic.
    Barbarism.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  2. #62
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    It does?
    Yes... parents and guardians sterilize their children or wards who are mentally handicapped all the time.. it is nothing new and often the state acts as an intermediary helping the parents/guardians get the legal work done. There are a few news stories about this on the web, but usually it gets no media attention at all.

    http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/view...&context=josnr

    The scary part is that there are over 14 US states that still have the forced sterilization laws on the books, laws put in place long ago by eugenics fanatics. Granted at the moment those laws are not being enforced, but still scary that they are there and can be used at any minute.

    But as long as it is a case by case valuation and not a blanket order like under the American eugenics laws, then I dont see the problem at all. There is a reason that someone else is the guardian of an over 18 year old.. they are unable to care or choose for themselves.
    Last edited by PeteEU; 08-17-13 at 06:12 AM.
    PeteEU

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Yeah...I can sympathize I guess with the family that they will be taking care of children that he has but.....stinks too much of government making decisions they have no right making.
    Some people just need the law to take the decision for them...as in the case of hereditary diseases..

    A couple here who are apparently compos mentis were told that if they had children there was an 80% chance that the children would be born with a muscle wasting/mental condition as they both carried the genes.

    But they went ahead regardless, giving birth to 3 boys...all unable to walk, talk, wearing diapers, in constant pain, and are not expected to reach their 12th birthdays..

    Social services are supplying motorized wheelchairs, have modified their home, nurses are in attendance to help the mother, all free of charge except to the taxpayers..

    What is or was the point!!

  4. #64
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs05 View Post
    His partner could just have an abortion or take the morning after pill. The parents just don't want the financial obligation of raising another child.
    My main problem is that it shouldn't be national news. The largest it should have gotten was the local paper/flyer, not even the county paper.
    Wow, certainly a "MAN'S VIEW." Rather than him having a 10 minute vasectomy, she can just have 29 abortions at the cost of those or take 750 at $40 each extreme hormone pills. But OMG not mess with the man's sperm (that he doesn't want)!

  5. #65
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Some people just need the law to take the decision for them...as in the case of hereditary diseases..

    A couple here who are apparently compos mentis were told that if they had children there was an 80% chance that the children would be born with a muscle wasting/mental condition as they both carried the genes.

    But they went ahead regardless, giving birth to 3 boys...all unable to walk, talk, wearing diapers, in constant pain, and are not expected to reach their 12th birthdays..

    Social services are supplying motorized wheelchairs, have modified their home, nurses are in attendance to help the mother, all free of charge except to the taxpayers..

    What is or was the point!!
    You would deny these people a chance to try even though it hurts? Must be easy to make that choice standing on the other side of the river. You arent the one losing your lineage to the abyss forever. The need to procreate is the whole meaning of existence and life, the apex of instinct. Yet you would deny it to less fortunate people so easily?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #66
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Im not assuming the entire thing is a lie. I just know that stories can be wordsmithed to appear one way when its really another (seen it happen with local incidents and then the later news reporting on the incident). The article said he had a job and I believed it so I didnt discount everything. I dont see how sex could be more complicated than just about any job. According to my reading comprehension this story may be wordsmithed (or maybe it isnt) and I would like to know more. Being commited to a psycho ward is a bit different but I think even they deserve some odd way to spread their lineage (if they have never had any kids) even if committed but I realize society wouldnt be willing to accept this burden for them and setup adoption pathways specifically for these lost people. I just think its tragic.
    Yeah, let's throw hundreds of thousands more parentless children into the foster care system because a man with an IQ of 40 has to have children he doesn't want to have and a mentally incapable women goes thru pregnancy and labor she doesn't want - because you claim the moral thing to do is to force him to have babies and her to give birth to them.

    Explain to me the 100% perfection of condoms for anyone, let alone someone with an IQ of 40 - and why you want to FORCE him to use condoms to avoid making children.

    At least you now MUST concede that in the claim of "anyone having sex is consenting to having a baby" is false, right?

  7. #67
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    The need to procreate is the whole meaning of existence and life, the apex of instinct.

    I guess then people who can't have children should just kill themselves for the total meaningless of their lives - and everyone else who can no longer have children due to age?

  8. #68
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yeah, let's throw hundreds of thousands more parentless children into the foster care system because a man with an IQ of 40 has to have children he doesn't want to have and a mentally incapable women goes thru pregnancy and labor she doesn't want - because you claim the moral thing to do is to force him to have babies and her to give birth to them.

    Explain to me the 100% perfection of condoms for anyone, let alone someone with an IQ of 40 - and why you want to FORCE him to use condoms to avoid making children.

    At least you now MUST concede that in the claim of "anyone having sex is consenting to having a baby" is false, right?
    I never said that. I said I want to know more about this case in case its word smithed.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #69
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I never said that. I said I want to know more about this case in case its word smithed.
    We aren't and can't debate "what if really it is something different that we don't know?" can we?

  10. #70
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: UK judge OKs sterilisation of man with mental age of six year old

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I guess then people who can't have children should just kill themselves for the total meaningless of their lives - and everyone else who can no longer have children due to age?
    There is no point wasting something that can still function and be a benifit. Wisdom and benifits can still be passed onto society if you dont have kids. But to argue that procreation isnt the main point of existence is pretty damn stupid. I dont get why just because I want to fully understand the ins and outs of the context instead of just a few snippets from this article you gotta try to portray me as a heartless bastard. Stop being petty.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •