Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 177

Thread: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

  1. #71
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Pointing out a liar among you opponents as it is being done in this thread is a form of deflection. It is a deflection from your opponents's more honest and effective arguments. It is not difficult to understand, and you already know this. Pounding away on a propagandist and then going from that to claiming all your opponents are wrong is an obvious dishonest tactic. When your opponent reacts by pointing out your side does it too, it is also a deflection, and it is legitimate one. It is legitimate, because it points up the fact that a liars exist on both sides of an issue, so wrongness of the issue can't possibly be decided by the existence of liars. It is legitimate because it is an attempt to move the debate back to talking about real issues, and back toward honesty.
    Umm . . . what am I, personally, "deflecting" from, Deeze? This really has nothing to do with anything I said to rocket88.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #72
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Umm . . . what am I, personally, "deflecting" from, Deeze? This really has nothing to do with anything I said to rocket88.
    You are personally involved in discussing the dishonesty of Fox in a thread where that dishonesty was used to then dishonestly lead into saying that there were zero problems with fracking. You don't get to take 'your' conversation out of the context of the thread in which it is occurring. He is not going to admit to you of Fox's dishonesty without also using deflection himself because he is having to account for not just your dialogue, but also the context in which it is occurring. And rightly so. There is no reason to give ground based on such dishonesty.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  3. #73
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    You are personally involved in discussing the dishonesty of Fox in a thread where that dishonesty was used to then dishonestly lead into saying that there were zero problems with fracking. You don't get to take 'your' conversation out of the context of the thread in which it is occurring. He is not going to admit to you of Fox's dishonesty without also using deflection himself because he is having to account for not just your dialogue, but also the context in which it is occurring. And rightly so. There is no reason to give ground based on such dishonesty.
    No, I think you missed the point entirely.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #74
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, I think you missed the point entirely.
    I disagree. I think I see the situation clearly.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  5. #75
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    I disagree. I think I see the situation clearly.
    I think you're "seeing" way too much and not enough at the same time. But, I'll leave you to that.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,565

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    You are personally involved in discussing the dishonesty of Fox in a thread where that dishonesty was used to then dishonestly lead into saying that there were zero problems with fracking. You don't get to take 'your' conversation out of the context of the thread in which it is occurring. He is not going to admit to you of Fox's dishonesty without also using deflection himself because he is having to account for not just your dialogue, but also the context in which it is occurring. And rightly so. There is no reason to give ground based on such dishonesty.
    No one is saying that there are ZERO risks involved. We're just pointing out that the problems that are being presented are impossible. Come up with something realistic. You have a poster insisting that fracing is being done IN aquafers and that just isn't happening. I'm not going to call anyone a liar, just very, very, very uninformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No one is saying that there are ZERO risks involved. We're just pointing out that the problems that are being presented are impossible. Come up with something realistic. You have a poster insisting that fracing is being done IN aquafers and that just isn't happening. I'm not going to call anyone a liar, just very, very, very uninformed.
    Real unbiased studies indicate you are wrong.

    Study confirms contamination around some "fracking" sites

    NEXT DISCREDITED RIGHTWING MEME!

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    All those who wish fracking to continue should be requirred to live on the water coming from the people's wells near where fracking operations take place. Do that and maybe I'll believe you. Of course I'll wait a few years to see if you make it that long. We can put, "We told you so" on your grave marker.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,565

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Real unbiased studies indicate you are wrong.

    Study confirms contamination around some "fracking" sites

    NEXT DISCREDITED RIGHTWING MEME!
    There is no drinking water at 14,000 feet.

    Even if there was, drilling for it would be far too expensive.

    Keep ignoring reality all you want, but it's not going to change the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There is no drinking water at 14,000 feet.

    Even if there was, drilling for it would be far too expensive.

    Keep ignoring reality all you want, but it's not going to change the facts.
    And just how do you suppose the well gets down to 14,000 feet? That is the ONE END of the well. You ignore the part of the well that starts at the surface and ends at the bottom. You do know sometimes they cheap out and don't even provide a well casement, right (about 1 in 5 of frack wells)? Not to mention where they do place a casement, they crack and often fail.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •