Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 177 of 177

Thread: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

  1. #171
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    I'm just not seeing any drilling rigs.





    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show



    At the 1:17 mark.

    And since you insist on pictures instead of accepting spoken word:





    A large kick (1) was recently taken on a well being horizontally drilled for unconventional gas production in
    the Montney formation. The kick was caused by a fracturing operation being conducted on an adjacent
    horizontal well. Fracture sand was circulated from the drilling wellbore, which was 670m from the wellbore
    undergoing the fracturing operation.
    To date, the BC Oil and Gas Commission (Commission) is aware of 18 fracture communication incidents in
    B.C. and one in Western Alberta as follows:

    • Five incidents of fracture stimulation resulting in communication with an adjacent well
    during drilling.
    • Three incidents of drilling into a hydraulic fracture formed during a previous stimulation
    on an adjacent well and containing high pressure fluids.
    • Ten incidents of fracture stimulations communicating into adjacent producing wells.
    • One incident of fracture stimulation communication into an adjacent leg on the same
    well for a multi-lateral well.



    To date, all kicks taken during drilling were successfully controlled through conventional drilling safety
    measures (e.g. circulation with kill mud and/or reduction of the invading fracture stimulation pressure through
    controlled venting). Large kicks resulted in volumes up to 80m3 of fluids produced to surface. Invading fluids
    have included water, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, sand, drilling mud, other stimulation fluids and small amounts
    of gas.
    Fracture fluids introduced into producing wells result in suspended production, substantial remediation costs
    and pose a potential safety hazard.
    Incidents have occurred in horizontal wells with separation distances between well bores ranging from 50m
    to 715m.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22i...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-21-13 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #173
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post


    At the 1:17 mark.

    And since you insist on pictures instead of accepting spoken word:

    That's not a drilling rig. That's a workover rig, AKA, a pulling unit.



    Workover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Workover rigs don't drill.

    I'll go back to my original statement: it's impossible to drill and frac the same hole, as you're suggesting with that photograph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    I'll go back to my original statement: it's impossible to drill and frac the same hole, as you're suggesting with that photograph.
    I never said it was the same hole, you understood the discussion previously:


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right, but not in the same well. I misunderstood your comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    On the same well site. I made it clear throughout that I was describing PARALLEL drilled wells.

    Since we know that casements leak and that fracking operations take place while parallel drilling is occurring, it doesn't take a scientist to understand that the fracking fluids and methane can and does enter ground water layers while this is happening.
    This really has reached a dead end, you ignore the documentation, you forget already covered ground where you corrected yourself, and you refuse to accept facts.

    I'm done, you have proven you are immune to reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #175
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I never said it was the same hole, you understood the discussion previously:




    This really has reached a dead end, you ignore the documentation, you forget already covered ground where you corrected yourself, and you refuse to accept facts.

    I'm done, you have proven you are immune to reason.
    You posted the photo to prove that frac'ing and drilling occur in tandem. You're wrong. Ready to yell calf rope, yet? Because you're seriously embarrassing yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You posted the photo to prove that frac'ing and drilling occur in tandem. You're wrong. Ready to yell calf rope, yet? Because you're seriously embarrassing yourself.
    No Dr. Apdst, I posted a photo of parallel wells.....and reposted the lecture by Dr Igraffea with the timestamp of when he discusses parallel drilling and the documentation of the communication events in BC between wells.......and posted the referenced document with links.

    All you continue to do is to ignore this while still having trouble understanding PICTURES.

    I am not the one who is embarrassed, Dr. Apdst....on the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #177
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: 'Gasland’ Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No Dr. Apdst, I posted a photo of parallel wells.....and reposted the lecture by Dr Igraffea with the timestamp of when he discusses parallel drilling and the documentation of the communication events in BC between wells.......and posted the referenced document with links.

    All you continue to do is to ignore this while still having trouble understanding PICTURES.

    I am not the one who is embarrassed, Dr. Apdst....on the contrary.
    You posted photograph of a workover rig on what may, or may not be a frac job, because I'm not seeing any frac trucks. Where is that? I'm thinking it's not even in The United States.

    Your tree hugger, ivy league school teacher isn't evidence. It's just some old dude with an agenda shooting off his mouth. You source him, because he says what you want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •