Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 177

Thread: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

  1. #141
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, I am not. This is the public list, or part of it (read your own link it states at the very beginning it isn't totally accurate) of ONE manufacturer's formula for fracking fluid [EDIT: Actually this list is a compilaton of the chemicals that were reported (they're not required to report them all) from fracking fluid used in the state]. AND this is just the part of the formula the manufacturer is required to submit to the EPA. AS has been previously noted, gas frackers are exempted from significant portions of the EPA mandate on reporting.

    Also note from your link:

    4.One last thing to keep in mind: No driller uses all of these chemicals. In fact, Range Resources has openly discussed what they use in their fracking fluid:
    Range Resources, which uses contractor Frac Tech for its fracing work, says its frac fluid additives are chosen from a list of only nine compounds — hydrochloric acid, methanol propargyl, polyacrylamide, glutaraldehyde, ethanol, ethylene glycol, alcohol and sodium hydroxide.*
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-21-13 at 06:00 PM.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Don't hurt yourself doing all that dodging.
    This is funny, this is coming from the person claiming to have a PhD, who can't tell the difference between "no one knew" and "they were exempt from disclosure". This is the guy telling me to ignore another PhD who for decades was researching how to maximize fracking, who trained engineers on how to maximize results, who knows the process inside and out.....simply because some of the source material was coming from a site that was objectionable.......while ignoring the counterclaims. Instead the game has been a semantic exercise of who knew what.....not what has happened.

    The fact is that casements leak, fracking is done while drilling is done in parallel to drilling, that slicker fluid does migrate between the drillings causing contamination of ground water, that the imperfect casements do leak causing ground water contamination of both fracking fluids and methane. This has been document for years, and your denials are only defended with what ifs and semantic nonsense.

    I understand your argument, why you have to make a defense of questioning the evidence and diverting, it is what you spent your life doing, you don't want the industry tarnished. It is hard to accept that the industry you worked within is not perfect and has actors who do not operate in the public's best interest, but that doesn't give license to produce dishonest argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #143
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, I am not. This is the public list, or part of it (read your own link it states at the very beginning it isn't totally accurate) of ONE manufacturer's formula for fracking fluid. AND this is just the part of the formula the manufacturer is required to submit to the EPA.
    It's not totally accurate, because there are agents on the list that aren't pumped downhole. Did you read that part?

    AS has been previously noted, gas frackers are exempted from significant portions of the EPA mandate on reporting.
    Link, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is funny, this is coming from the person claiming to have a PhD, who can't tell the difference between "no one knew" and "they were exempt from disclosure". This is the guy telling me to ignore another PhD who for decades was researching how to maximize fracking, who trained engineers on how to maximize results, who knows the process inside and out.....simply because some of the source material was coming from a site that was objectionable.......while ignoring the counterclaims. Instead the game has been a semantic exercise of who knew what.....not what has happened.

    The fact is that casements leak, fracking is done while drilling is done in parallel to drilling, that slicker fluid does migrate between the drillings causing contamination of ground water, that the imperfect casements do leak causing ground water contamination of both fracking fluids and methane. This has been document for years, and your denials are only defended with what ifs and semantic nonsense.

    I understand your argument, why you have to make a defense of questioning the evidence and diverting, it is what you spent your life doing, you don't want the industry tarnished. It is hard to accept that the industry you worked within is not perfect and has actors who do not operate in the public's best interest, but that doesn't give license to produce dishonest argument.
    Exempt, huh?

    Halliburton - Fluids Disclosure
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And again, you distract with something else, I'm talking about federal law.....you bring up state legislation....and you can't even link to an analysis of this legislation.

    Here is a person having to operate within this knew legislation:
    Landowners face big choice on fracking - MariettaTimes.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Ohio, Community Information - The Marietta Times
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is funny, this is coming from the person claiming to have a PhD, who can't tell the difference between "no one knew" and "they were exempt from disclosure". This is the guy telling me to ignore another PhD who for decades was researching how to maximize fracking, who trained engineers on how to maximize results, who knows the process inside and out.....simply because some of the source material was coming from a site that was objectionable.......while ignoring the counterclaims. Instead the game has been a semantic exercise of who knew what.....not what has happened.

    The fact is that casements leak, fracking is done while drilling is done in parallel to drilling, that slicker fluid does migrate between the drillings causing contamination of ground water, that the imperfect casements do leak causing ground water contamination of both fracking fluids and methane. This has been document for years, and your denials are only defended with what ifs and semantic nonsense.

    I understand your argument, why you have to make a defense of questioning the evidence and diverting, it is what you spent your life doing, you don't want the industry tarnished. It is hard to accept that the industry you worked within is not perfect and has actors who do not operate in the public's best interest, but that doesn't give license to produce dishonest argument.
    Fracing takes place AFTER drilling is completed. Speaking of being dishonest, or ignorant, rather. Do you understand why it's impossible to frac and drill the same well, simultaneously?

    I know you think that your comments are above question, however, most of your comments are erroneous, this being a good example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not totally accurate, because there are agents on the list that aren't pumped downhole. Did you read that part?



    Link, please?
    The links to the law that exempts them have already been posted for you and ignored by you.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You are going in circles, we already covered this, they are not disclosing all substances used:


    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    In September, the Environmental Protection Agency requested that natural gas drillers hand over information about the substances they are using in hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, a method that uses a high-pressure blast of chemical compounds, sand, and water to fracture rock and access natural gas reserves. The EPA asked nicely in its letter to nine companies, but said they were prepared to be less polite: "EPA expects the companies to cooperate," the letter said. If they don't, "EPA is prepared to use its authorities to require the information needed to carry out its study."

    Well, eight of the companies have complied, leaving just one—Halliburton, the oil field services giant that everyone loves to hate—that has not turned over its fracking data. Yesterday, the EPA followed through on its threat to subpoena the companies data. Halliburton, the EPA said Tuesday, "has failed to provide EPA the information necessary to move forward with this important study."

    Halliburton said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times that they are "disappointed" by the EPA's decision:

    Halliburton has been working in good faith in an effort to respond to EPA's September 2010 request for information on our hydraulic fracturing operations over a five-year period. Because the agency's request was so broad, potentially requiring the company to prepare approximately 50,000 spreadsheets, we have met with the agency and had several additional discussions with EPA personnel in order to help narrow the focus of their unreasonable demands so that we could provide the agency what it needs to complete its study of hydraulic fracturing. We have turned over nearly 5,000 pages of documents as recently as last Friday, Nov. 5, 2010. We are disappointed by the EPA’s decision today. Halliburton welcomes any federal court’s examination of our good faith efforts with the EPA to date.
    Halliburton's reticence is perhaps related to the fact that, according to data released earlier this year, the company admitted to using 807,000 gallons of diesel-based chemicals in its fracking fluids, in violation of an agreement drillers had with the EPA.

    The industry successfully lobbied to have fracking fluids exempted from the Safe Drinking Water Act in 2005, meaning they aren't required to disclose the chemicals they use. But Congress asked the EPA to conduct a through review of the potential impacts of the fluids on drinking water, which the EPA is supposed to complete by the end of 2012.
    Fracking Halliburton | Mother Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #149
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And again, you distract with something else, I'm talking about federal law.....you bring up state legislation....and you can't even link to an analysis of this legislation.

    Here is a person having to operate within this knew legislation:
    Landowners face big choice on fracking - MariettaTimes.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Ohio, Community Information - The Marietta Times
    Oh, so state regulations don't count all of a sudden? You claimed that gas wells are, "different", and I've proved you wrong. Don't hurt your back moving that goal post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Fracing takes place AFTER drilling is completed. Speaking of being dishonest, or ignorant, rather. Do you understand why it's impossible to frac and drill the same well, simultaneously?

    I know you think that your comments are above question, however, most of your comments are erroneous, this being a good example.
    No fracking is done in parrallel to new drilling within the same area. If you had watched Dr. Igraffea all the way through you would know that this has been documented in British Columbia.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Gosh darn Professors telling me that casements leak....what does he know......he is just a Professor....humph!"

    http://www.sustainablefuture.cornell...-EtAl-2011.pdf


    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •