Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 177

Thread: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

  1. #101
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    “But the NWPOA say he was never a member of their group and was not even on their email list,” McAleer wrote in an email. “His changed story was a lie. He has now told two lies about the origins of Gasland.”


    ________________________________________________

    "Yes. We became members August 30th 2008 and dropped out formally in 2009. Here is the email addressed to my father's email address from NWPOA which proves our membership.” Attached you will find the email with Michael’s domain redacted.


    More "Gas" on the Fire | Aspen Public Radio
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Drinking water doesnt exist at 10,000 feet and that's a fact.
    And there's no way that high pressure gas can push the chemicals up the outside of the pipe?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #103
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    How many oil wells has this dude drilled? I bet he doesn't know a v-door from a rat's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    And there's no way that high pressure gas can push the chemicals up the outside of the pipe?
    Sure it can. But, 1) we're not talking about high pressure gas, hence the need to frac the strata and 2) how do you explain the absence of those chemicals in the contaminated wells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That information isn't correct. Fracking at 10,000%+ feet uisn't going to effect a water zone at 300 feet.

    Be careful what you read. Just because it!s on the internet doesn't mean it's true.
    Said a guy I know from the Internet.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Said a guy I know from the Internet.
    Said somebody that can't post a single link that proves me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many oil wells has this dude drilled? I bet he doesn't know a v-door from a rat's ass.
    "Gosh darn Professors telling me that casements leak....what does he know......he is just a Professor....humph!"

    http://www.sustainablefuture.cornell...-EtAl-2011.pdf


    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #108
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, they're still just guessing, because I doubt that they have jacked the casing on a single well to test for leaks in the casing string, or voids in the cement.

    That being the casr, it's just as plausible that those water wells were contaminated before the gas well was even drilled. Moreso, since the only contaminents detected were methane has; no drilling fluids, no sand and no frac chemicals. Anyone care to explain that?
    No, what you say is true, methane does contaminate some of those wells naturally, and the act of fracking does open up some new channels for that contamination. However, it is not true that only methane is found after fracking has commenced. Other contaminents are present (common components of the fracking fluids). All this is made more difficult by the fact that companies hold the formulation of their fracking fluids as trade secrets and refuse to reveal. Took congress many tries to get a list of just one company's formulation.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Real unbiased studies indicate you are wrong.

    Study confirms contamination around some "fracking" sites

    NEXT DISCREDITED RIGHTWING MEME!
    Wow. #2 was my totally uninformed guess.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #110
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Gaslandí Director Confronted on NPR Show

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many oil wells has this dude drilled? I bet he doesn't know a v-door from a rat's ass.
    For many years he was the goto guy for the gas drilling industry.

    Dr. Ingraffea's research concentrates on computer simulation and physical testing of complex fracturing processes. He and his students performed pioneering research in the use of interactive computer graphics in computational mechanics. He has authored with his students over 200 papers in these areas. He has been a principal investigator on over $35M in R&D projects from the NSF, NASA Langley, Nichols Research, NASA Glenn, AFOSR, FAA, Kodak, U. S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, U.S. Dept. of Transportation, IBM, Schlumberger, Digital Equipment Corporation, the Gas Research Institute, Sandia National Laboratories, the Association of Iron and Steel Engineers, General Dynamics, Boeing, Caterpillar Tractor, and Northrop Grumman Aerospace.

    Source

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •