Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #81
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,645

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No not really. You keep flipping generic terms and specific events and act like they are the same. Extinctions exist and are naturally occurring ....but when specifically caused by human actions such as the dodo they are unnatural extinctions.

    the building of structures is naturally occurring...beehives/anthills etc....but a skyscraper is something specific to humankind. It doesn't exist outside of humanity.

    Deforestation is a generic term but when it's specifically caused by human influences it's no longer a natural event. That specific event is human caused.

    The pairing of same sex and same sex acts is naturally occurring. It's natural.

    Once again it's not my definition...

    Hah, man, I don't know how long I can chase you around the yard.

    You say that, for example, extinction exists in nature, but when it is man made it is "unnatural extinction"... OK.

    You say that, for example, deforestation exists in nature, but when it is man made it is "unnatural deforestation"... OK.

    You say that, for example, building exists in nature, but when it is man made it is "unnatural building"... OK.

    But then you say that homosexuality exists in nature, SO when it is man made it is "natural homosexuality"? ... Okaaaaay...

    In other words, you are full of it.

  2. #82
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Hah, man, I don't know how long I can chase you around the yard.

    You say that, for example, extinction exists in nature, but when it is man made it is "unnatural extinction"... OK.

    You say that, for example, deforestation exists in nature, but when it is man made it is "unnatural deforestation"... OK.

    You say that, for example, building exists in nature, but when it is man made it is "unnatural building"... OK.

    But then you say that homosexuality exists in nature, SO when it is man made it is "natural homosexuality"? ... Okaaaaay...

    In other words, you are full of it.
    I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

    The whole purpose of the word "natural" is to create a distinction between human beings and everything else. It's a pretty basic concept.

    The word nature is derived from the Latin word natura, or "essential qualities, innate disposition", and in ancient times, literally meant "birth".[1] Natura was a Latin translation of the Greek word physis (φύσις), which originally related to the intrinsic characteristics that plants, animals, and other features of the world develop of their own accord.
    It is often taken to mean the "natural environment" or wilderness–wild animals, rocks, forest, beaches, and in general those things that have not been substantially altered by human intervention, or which persist despite human intervention. For example, manufactured objects and human interaction generally are not considered part of nature, unless qualified as, for example, "human nature" or "the whole of nature". This more traditional concept of natural things which can still be found today implies a distinction between the natural and the artificial, with the artificial being understood as that which has been brought into being by a human consciousness or a human mind.
    You keep flip flopping between generic terms and specific events.

    Extinctions in the abstract are natural. They occur in nature outside of human influence. When human beings cause the extinction of specific species or multiple species it's generally referenced as man caused as opposed to naturally occurring. It's not a natural event by definition. the same with deforestation.

    Homosexuality is not man made. It's an act...it's a behavior. In the generic sense it's natural.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

    The whole purpose of the word "natural" is to create a distinction between human beings and everything else. It's a pretty basic concept.





    You keep flip flopping between generic terms and specific events.

    Extinctions in the abstract are natural. They occur in nature outside of human influence. When human beings cause the extinction of specific species or multiple species it's generally referenced as man caused as opposed to naturally occurring. It's not a natural event by definition. the same with deforestation.

    Homosexuality is not man made. It's an act...it's a behavior. In the generic sense it's natural.
    Where is the natural instinct in animals to engage in same sex behavior for pleasure, or "love". Animals engage in such behaviors irrationally. Dominance. Confused outside stimuli.

    If "gay penguins" can be cured and go straight then why not humans?

  4. #84
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Where is the natural instinct in animals to engage in same sex behavior for pleasure, or "love". Animals engage in such behaviors irrationally. Dominance. Confused outside stimuli.

    If "gay penguins" can be cured and go straight then why not humans?
    why do they need to be "cured"? Why do people care what others want to do? If based on your views they are sinners why exactly do you need to punish or stop them from sinning. What are we going to do with people that commit infidelity? That should be next. last I checked that's a biggie.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #85
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There are 5 people all giving me the same response so I'll just focus on this one

    There are 2 major strawmen in your arguments

    1) There is no gay gene. Evidence has just been found through a scientific study of identical twins (same DNA) that further supports this hypothesis. It is strong and compelling evidence. I find it absolutely amazing that you would dare claim someone doesn't understand genetics while completely ignoring the genetic data contained within the study.

    Nobody in this thread wants to talk about the study and for good reason. It's further evidence that homosexuality is a psychological disorder. That homosexuality can be cured. Human beings are born with productive organs that have specific biological purposes. Beyond emotion and not wanting to hurt gay people's feelings, homosexual sex isn't natural. Claiming it's natural because animals do it (for reasons that have nothing to do with love, sexual attraction ect) is a very poor argument. Animals also engage in cannibalism.
    I'll talk about the study...Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog

    READ the damn thing! It is a "meta-study," meaning it simply collated and examined other studies to present a general statement. Nothing in the article indicates that any of the studies used conducted an in-depth coding sequence of all participants. In fact, it only states that the studies examined pairs of mature twins to see how many exhibited paired homosexuality and how many exhibited homosexuality of a single member of the pair.

    Then PRESUMING THAT ALL IDENTICAL TWINS HAD IDENTICAL DNA they concluded that since in most of the twins examined only a single member of each pair displayed homosexuality, it must therefore have no genetic basis.

    I have provided you with a scientific study of the genetic codes of new-born identical twins. That study proved that many identical twins have differences in their genetic code at birth, due to somatic and other frequently occuring genetic mutations. THIS IS THE ONLY STUDY OF THE GENETIC STRUCTURE OF IDENTICAL TWINS ADDRESSING MUTATIONAL CODING. In addition, several prior studies show different genetic direction markers on how each individual twin will develop characterisitcs after birth. I'll post it AGAIN since you obviously ignored it the first time:

    Identical Twins Differ Genetically | LiveScience

    This 2012 study shows that somatic and other gene mutations occur at a very high rate, demonstrating that identical twins often have different genetic structures.

    I am not even going to address your second point because it is inane at it's face. Homosexual behavior patterns occur in many species besides humankind. It does not matter your justification, the mere fact that they do occur in "nature" among creatures who do not have the capacity of "free will" means that it is NOT A CHOICE!

    We do not know why humans and other creatures display this tendency. I personally think it is a natural method of population control, one of many Mother Nature uses to decrease overpopulation in species. Whether it is genetic, hormonal, epigenetic, or a combination of who knows what...it IS a natural occurrence.

    In any case, your study clearly proves nothing.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 08-13-13 at 07:20 PM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  6. #86
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    So Evolution is just a working hypothesis correct?
    Evolution is a theory not a hypothesis. That is a very large, unsubtle difference.

    There is no gay gene (8 studies actually)
    Link to these studies. Bet not a single one says there is no genetic component to orientation.


    It's entirely relevant. Again, I find it laughable that someone who claims people don't understand genetics doesn't know anything about Psychology. Homosexuals want to normalize their abnormal behavior. The only way they can do this is by claiming "genetic determinism". "It's natural to be gay. I was born this way. Everyone must accept it, even if it goes against Natural Law."
    Damn you can bring the stupid. Being genetic in nature does not mean it is not a psychological disorder, nor would a lack of genetic factors means that it is. What homosexuals want is mostly just to be free to live their life. Assigning motives to any disparate group like gays is stupid. Genetic determination is not even an argument used in favor of gay rights except possibly by a few who, like you, do not understand the issues.

    If it's a condition that is psychological it can be cured. If not cured, then at least controlled through intensive therapy. If the gay penguins can go straight (and animal behavior is now the measuring stick according to all the liberals in this thread) then why can't humans?


    Men cannot conceive. A female doesn't carry sperm.

    If you want to justify some Frankenstein experiment that isn't natural, but in actuality an irrational act because the people involved are psychologically disordered, that's your business.
    So explain why gay people have had children throughout history. Since they have, your argument, as usual, fails.

    8 studies actually
    Funny how you keep refusing to link to the studies, but claim to know what they show.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #87
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Where is the natural instinct in animals to engage in same sex behavior for pleasure, or "love". Animals engage in such behaviors irrationally. Dominance. Confused outside stimuli.

    If "gay penguins" can be cured and go straight then why not humans?
    Let's backtrack here:

    Why is natural/not natural important to this discussion? Guns aren't natural, so you can't have any. Silly, right? Similarly, killing is natural, therefore you have a right to do it indiscriminately, right? How come I can't kill your dog? Killing for meat is natural.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Evolution is a theory not a hypothesis. That is a very large, unsubtle difference.
    There is no gay gene. Call it whatever you want. The Identical Twin study (identical DNA) studies is further genetic proof.

    Link to these studies. Bet not a single one says there is no genetic component to orientation.
    Are you claiming the person in the article is lying? Is the article making these studies up? You're aware that the people who wrote these papers are "pro-gay" right? They had to acknowledge the evidence. If you think the studies are made up then show me the proof.

    Damn you can bring the stupid. Being genetic in nature does not mean it is not a psychological disorder, nor would a lack of genetic factors means that it is. What homosexuals want is mostly just to be free to live their life. Assigning motives to any disparate group like gays is stupid. Genetic determination is not even an argument used in favor of gay rights except possibly by a few who, like you, do not understand the issues.
    Personal attack. You're supposed to be a moderator.

    Gays are forcing their way of life on the rest of society. If they just wanted to be free to live their lives, they wouldn't be trying to get special rights to change the definition and purposes of institutions. They would create their own institutions. Their own customs. Their own traditions. Not intruding on institutions and demanding that we all cater to their demands. They want to force their morality that engaging in homosexual sex is natural and acceptable which goes against the morality of The Bible and against Natural Law. Just because they are insane doesn't mean they get to drag the rest of us into insanity. Homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination against nature and against God.

    I understand that Hollywood and movies have made a lot of people think gay sex is cool and trendy and everything. That doesn't make it true. Pop Culture and President Obama do not determine my morality.

    So explain why gay people have had children throughout history. Since they have, your argument, as usual, fails.
    What gay people? What children? With who? You're projecting.

    Funny how you keep refusing to link to the studies, but claim to know what they show.
    It states quite clearly these studies were done in New Zealand and Australia. If you believe they are a hoax. Prove it.

  9. #89
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no gay gene. Call it whatever you want. The Identical Twin study (identical DNA) studies is further genetic proof.
    Then link the study. This article is not proof.

    Are you claiming the person in the article is lying? Is the article making these studies up? You're aware that the people who wrote these papers are "pro-gay" right? They had to acknowledge the evidence. If you think the studies are made up then show me the proof.
    Journalists routinely misinterpret scientific research because they aren't scientists and don't really understand it.
    Gays are forcing their way of life on the rest of society. If they just wanted to be free to live their lives, they wouldn't be trying to get special rights to change the definition and purposes of institutions. They would create their own institutions. Their own customs. Their own traditions. Not intruding on institutions and demanding that we all cater to their demands. They want to force their morality that engaging in homosexual sex is natural and acceptable which goes against the morality of The Bible and against Natural Law. Just because they are insane doesn't mean they get to drag the rest of us into insanity. Homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination against nature and against God.
    My religion says otherwise, and mine is better.

    I understand that Hollywood and movies have made a lot of people think gay sex is cool and trendy and everything. That doesn't make it true. Pop Culture and President Obama do not determine my morality.
    Why should I accept your morality if you wont accept mine?
    What gay people? What children? With who? You're projecting.
    Oh my god are you really under the impression that gay people never have children?
    It states quite clearly these studies were done in New Zealand and Australia. If you believe they are a hoax. Prove it.
    It is up to you to prove your assertions, not us.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no gay gene. Call it whatever you want. The Identical Twin study (identical DNA) studies is further genetic proof.
    Repeating lies does not make them magically true.

    Are you claiming the person in the article is lying? Is the article making these studies up? You're aware that the people who wrote these papers are "pro-gay" right? They had to acknowledge the evidence. If you think the studies are made up then show me the proof.
    How would you or I know if he is lying? Neither of us have seen the studies. I would point out both that his numbers in the article linked show a higher rate of both twins gay than can be accounted randomly, and more importantly even he states in the first paragraph that genetics may be a factor, albeit a minor one. So even the person you are claiming is offering proof, isn't.

    Personal attack. You're supposed to be a moderator.
    I am not a moderator, and that was not a personal attack.

    Gays are forcing their way of life on the rest of society. If they just wanted to be free to live their lives, they wouldn't be trying to get special rights to change the definition and purposes of institutions. They would create their own institutions. Their own customs. Their own traditions. Not intruding on institutions and demanding that we all cater to their demands. They want to force their morality that engaging in homosexual sex is natural and acceptable which goes against the morality of The Bible and against Natural Law. Just because they are insane doesn't mean they get to drag the rest of us into insanity. Homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination against nature and against God.

    I understand that Hollywood and movies have made a lot of people think gay sex is cool and trendy and everything. That doesn't make it true. Pop Culture and President Obama do not determine my morality.
    Gays are not forcing any one to be gay. No one is trying to get special rights. The rest is painfully stupid nonsense.

    What gay people? What children? With who? You're projecting.
    I have a gay parent. It is not that uncommon. About 1 in 3 gay women have given birth to children, and about 1 in 5 gay men have fathered children.

    It states quite clearly these studies were done in New Zealand and Australia. If you believe they are a hoax. Prove it.
    I did not say they are a hoax, I said they are not sourced so we cannot see what they actually say. Reading comprehension is gud.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •