Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    In the absence of any actual studies to read, the source for this is just a minor opinion piece that matters not at all. Citing unnamed and unsourced studies is kinda lame.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    You haven't read much about this, have you? Sounds like you're just repeating something you heard somebody say. I have bad news for you. It is thought that every species of animal on Earth (with abundant population) has members which exhibit homosexual behavior. Not just "picking up scents." Not just "as a show of dominance." There certainly have been documented instances of those things appearing to happen, but homosexuality in animals is much more prevalent than that which we see in instances of "shows of dominance."

    Check out Roy and Silo! Gay penguins at New York's Central Park Zoo. Have they just been picking up each other's scent for years now? No, they are gay penguins, they are partners in life. They hatched an egg together. Super cute. If you aren't going to retract your point, I could go on all day. This is just the most prominent example of many observations and studies which show beyond a doubt that homosexual behavior in animals is widespread and diverse.
    There is no homosexual instinct in animals. I didn't realize liberals were so anti science.

    I knew someone would bring up the gay penguins. You realize that they are now ex-gay penguins right?

    SF Zoo's Same Sex Penguin Couple Splits Up | www.ktvu.com

    So if we're going to use "gay animals" as evidence that homosexuality is "natural" then we can conclude that homosexuality can be "cured". Not only that, since we're using irrational animal behavior to justify human morality now is cannibalism a moral and civil right now too? After all, animals eat their young and engage in cannibalism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Just starting with the first page. Homosexuality occurs in nature. By definition it is therefore natural.

    Gay people have kids all the time, and have done so throughout history. Your ignorance is showing.
    No it doesn't. Animals aren't mounting other animals because of human feelings and motivations. Animals react irrationally to outside stimuli. There is no homosexual instinct in animals.

  3. #43
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    It's not my definition...

    Yes...a sky scrapper is not natural, a city is not natural, human laws are not natural, extinction caused by human actions are not natural, deforestation by humans is not natural...etc etc.
    Also, in order:

    * - Animals have been building communities forever so cities are natural

    * - Not a fan of natural law, I see?

    * - Living things have caused other living things to go extinct forever, and man is part of the natural world so man made extinction is natural.

    * - Animals have caused deforestation forever, therefore human deforestation is natural

  4. #44
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Not really..."existing in or cause by nature; not made or caused by humankind" is the definition I was using

    SO, since you are now separating "natural" and "caused by humankind" into two separate categories we can throw out your argument that homosexuality exists in nature so therefor it is "natural" in humans. You can't have it both ways.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no gay gene
    This has simply NOT been proven. There has been no gay gene found YET, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

    Did gravity all of a sudden exist ONLY when it was found, or was it there all along?

    No, the scientific community has not said there is NO gay gene, only that one hasn't been found.

    If homosexuality is a choice, so is heterosexuality. Did you CHOOSE to be attracted to women or was it natural for you to do so?

  6. #46
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no scientific evidence that homosexuality is genetic

    There is no gay gene
    Yeah. That's what I said. It's not a single factor. It's a combination of many different and probably unrelated factors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Animals are not gay. There is no homosexual instinct in animals.

    Animals engage in such behavior for a variety of different reasons such as dominance. Not because of sexual attraction.

    It doesn't occur in nature. Animals are not gay. Animals do not have a homosexual instinct. Animals do not engage in homosexual behavior in the wild because of sexual attraction, or love, ect. Confused stimuli, dominance, ect are the reasons.
    Please share the evidence you used in order to reach this conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    EDIT: Roy and Silo broke up btw.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    No it doesn't. Animals aren't mounting other animals because of human feelings and motivations. Animals react irrationally to outside stimuli. There is no homosexual instinct in animals.
    That's a very male centric view there. It's not really sex unless there's a penis involved?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #47
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Its not natural. The natural course of nature is to make children/young whatever you want to call it. Can't do it with homosexuality.
    But when their is more people to space and Food its natural for birth rates to slow down and\ or have less children per parent .

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    This has simply NOT been proven. There has been no gay gene found YET, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

    Did gravity all of a sudden exist ONLY when it was found, or was it there all along?

    No, the scientific community has not said there is NO gay gene, only that one hasn't been found.

    If homosexuality is a choice, so is heterosexuality. Did you CHOOSE to be attracted to women or was it natural for you to do so?
    There is no gay gene.

    Your belief that such a gene exists is pure religious dogma. This study even hammers that point home even harder. Identical twins have identical DNA. If there was a gay gene there would consistent data to show that was a possibility. The scientific data and evidence point to the exact opposite however.

    Male/female coupling is natural. It has specific social and biological purposes. It's propagates the species. Homosexuality is abnormal. Occurs in less than 5% (less than 2% most likely) and is associated with psychological abnormalities in humans. Homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder in the DSM criteria until it was removed for political purposes. Animals engage in those types of irrational homosexual behaviors because of dominance and conflicting and confusing outside stimuli.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Yeah. That's what I said. It's not a single factor. It's a combination of many different and probably unrelated factors.
    There is no gay gene. This identical twin study further proves that.

    Please share the evidence you used in order to reach this conclusion.
    Animals lack intellect and will. This is basic science. Animals are motivated by instinct. Not rational thoughtful decisions.

    That's a very male centric view there. It's not really sex unless there's a penis involved?
    Are you going to claim animals engage in fetish behavior such as bondage now too?

  10. #50
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog
    Hm. Here I thought it was genetic.Either way its not natural.
    First of all, self fulfilling studies usually achieve the results one is looking for, I am not sure that this has happened here but as I am not a genetics expert I am in no position to see if this study would stand up to peer review.

    Secondly, not genetic does not mean that it is not natural or that people are not born that way.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •