Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #251
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You prefer beastiality but chose to be straight? How often do animals "have" you?
    Go ask you mother, and while you're at it, give the old mare a swift kick in her arse and tell her to get supper on the table right quick. Now that's a good lad.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Yes, it does.

    What did they choose to do that turned them gay? If you chose to do the same, you'd be gay? Are their warnings about stuff that can make you gay? I've never seen such a label.
    Don't know. Don't care. Doesn't matter.

    We need only recognize that the possibilty exists to understand that "I didn't choose" doesn't necessarily mean there was no choice in the matter. There are lots of outcomes that people don't choose that are nonetheless a product of behavior.

  3. #253
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Don't know. Don't care. Doesn't matter.

    We need only recognize that the possibilty exists to understand that "I didn't choose" doesn't necessarily mean there was no choice in the matter. There are lots of outcomes that people don't choose that are nonetheless a product of behavior.
    What kind of behavior makes someone turn gay? I need to know because I like being straight and really have no interest in becoming a discriminated against gender.

  4. #254
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yes, exactly... just because someone didn't 'choose' something doesn't mean that they didn't have any choice in the matter.

    I don't know of anyone that 'chooses' to get cancer, but I do know a lot of people that smoke.
    Yo, Taylor...

    So are you saying that sexual orientation isn't an immutable characteristic? I realize that there's such a thing as environmental sexual orientation, which is more along the line of a choice rather that sexual orientation being a circumstance of birth. Why does choice have to be involved with sexual orientation?

  5. #255
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What kind of behavior makes someone turn gay? I need to know because I like being straight and really have no interest in becoming a discriminated against gender.
    If you're not already gay and don't want to be gay, I don't think you have to worry about becoming gay.

  6. #256
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    If you're not already gay and don't want to be gay, I don't think you have to worry about becoming gay.
    I need to worry about it! You say people can turn gay by certain behaviors and I don't wanna turn gay, those people are demonized and discriminated against!

    Please, help me to not become a social pariah!

    Once, when I was a kid, my mother made me stretch out her new heels so I'm worried that I'm already on the way. Save me!

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I need to worry about it! You say people can turn gay by certain behaviors and I don't wanna turn gay, those people are demonized and discriminated against!

    Please, help me to not become a social pariah!

    Once, when I was a kid, my mother made me stretch out her new heels so I'm worried that I'm already on the way. Save me!

    It's all part of the homosexual "agenda". Soon we'll all be gay and interior design will reach new heights of good taste. Somehow that's a threat to certain portions of our population. I can't tell is it's the prospect of gay sex or better style

  8. #258
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Yo, Taylor...

    So are you saying that sexual orientation isn't an immutable characteristic?
    Not at all... I'm just saying that the "people don't choose to be gay" argument tells us almost nothing with respect to nature/nurture. We most certainly cannot conclude that people were born gay simply because they didn't choose to be gay, as is often implied.

    I should also point out that immutable characteristics can also be behavioral in origin. There are many examples of "critical periods" in development where behavior at a particular stage will irreversibly affect you for the remainder of your life.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I need to worry about it! You say people can turn gay by certain behaviors
    No, I only said it was possible. Maybe it would be better to worry about your critical thinking skills than "turning gay?"

  10. #260
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    It's all part of the homosexual "agenda". Soon we'll all be gay and interior design will reach new heights of good taste. Somehow that's a threat to certain portions of our population. I can't tell is it's the prospect of gay sex or better style
    I'm pretty ok with that. I mean, if I turned gay then I suppose I wouldn't mind being gay. And if everyone is gay then I will not be demonized and discriminated against.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •