Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Well we can see how well you are educated...

    I'd say I'd fight "tooth and nail" against your agenda but, really, I don't have to due to it's lack of intellectual support and prowess. What's a good education to you? Reading Barry Mills and Tyler Bingham's crap? "Deep" analysis of "The Turner Diaries?" "Mein Kempf: the Nazi Book Club Edition?" Teaching them that homophobia is perfectly natural while homosexuality is not - even though homophobia occurs in only one species yet homosexuality occurs in hundreds / thousands. Living in constant paranoia about the "Zionist" government? For classroom movies, you going to show Zeitgeist? Yeah, uh huh. Go right ahead, but don't expect your children to be considered "educated" and don't expect them to have jobs.
    ...Oh.... snap.











    The black council approves.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-14-13 at 03:11 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Moderator's Warning:
    Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]Topic folks. This isn't the basement. Get back to it

  3. #213
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]Topic folks. This isn't the basement. Get back to it
    I found it!!!!! I found it!!!!!!!

    the GAY gene

    assless.jpg
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #214
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I found it!!!!! I found it!!!!!!!

    the GAY gene
    Was it in the closet?

  5. #215
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Was it in the closet?
    I've never been in the closet
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #216
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Born Gay Hoax: Studies Debunked « Conservative Colloquium

    "The “Gay” Twins Study

    This discredited study was conducted by Michael Bailey, a heterosexual, and Richard Pillard, a same-gender sex activist. In December of 1991, these two researchers published a study of twins, and they claimed to have demonstrated a genetic cause for being “gay.” One same-gender sex magazine, The Advocate, wrote, “They found that 52% of identical twin brothers of gay men were gay, as were 22% of fraternal twin brothers, and 11% of genetically unrelated brothers.” (The Advocate, 3-24-92, p.61)
    There are several problems with this study. First, (assuming that the study was legitimate) in order to show that homosexuality is genetic (in identical twins) if one twin is “gay” the other should also be “gay” 100% of the time. This study, however, did not produce results that demonstrate this. Despite this fact, same-gender sex activists continue to report that this study is proof that people are born “gay.”
    Second, genetics tells us that if one fraternal (non-identical) twin is “gay,” then other non-twin brothers should also be “gay” exactly as often as are the non-identical twin brothers, since non-identical twins and regular brothers are equally genetically different. In this study 22% of fraternal twins both claimed to be “gay.” Therefore, their non-twin brothers should also have claimed to be “gay” 22% of the time. If the non-twin percentage were lower, some environmental cause must have been at fault, not a hidden “gay” gene. But, this was not the case. Yet readers could not have known that this was not the case because Bailey and Pillard left the numbers for the genetically related non-twin brothers out of their original report. Why? If this data had supported their agenda would they not have included it as well?
    According to The Advocate, the researcher’s withheld important information about the non-twin brothers in their study, the article states: “According to Bailey, the released data did not include another group in the study: 142 genetically related non-twin brothers of gay men, of whom only 13—or about 9% were also gay.” (The Advocate 3-24-92, p.61; Michael Bailey is not a homosexual)"
    None of that debunks the studies that I posted. It just questions them. Debunking them would require posting actual research that shows that there is NO genetic component to homosexuality. Besides, you can hardly rely on a site called "conservative colloquium" to be unbiased.

    And I think you're also mistaking my point. I'm not saying that homosexuality is entirely genetic. I don't think it's that simple at all. I think there are a number of factors that cause homosexuality, but I think that genetics is one of those factors. How else would you explain the fact that identical twins are much more likely to both be gay than fraternal twins or non-twin siblings? I suspect that exposure to things in the womb (hormone levels, chemicals, etc) may have something to do with it too, and that could explain why fraternal twins are more likely to both be gay than non-fraternal siblings.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  7. #217
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's ok, you should still be allowed to marry any person of your choosing provided the relationship is not otherwise harmful (signs of abuse, close relation, manipulation of a miner or mentally disabled, etc).
    I go with this standard. If you are of age, and can consent. Simple easy.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #218
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    What about my kids attend school and have to put up with the homosexual agenda do you not get? It is my business until that filth is taught to people who want to hear it and it doesn't belong in elementary,middle or high schools. I will fight tooth and nail to keep that filth from schools and if they go ahead and install it anyways I will remove my kids from that school.I will sell everything I have to make sure they get a good education and that doesn't involve being indoctrinated into the homosexual agenda.
    If the school is public the public gets to say what it does. I personally avoid public schools. Most of them don't know what an education is let alone provide one. That is unless you count stupidity.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #219
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    All of your information on the topic has been thoroughly debunked and shown to not be credible, simply because all of your evidence has nothing to do with your position.
    I am NOT a biologist or other such scientist, I do however work with and write technical papers (Rocketry and Aerospace related) which leads to this question, how are the studies Ontology presents for our edification, not related to the topic at hand. Is it not about whether or not homosexuality a genetic predisposition or not? Form my admittedly brief perusal, the gist seems to be that homosexuality is essentially a genetic birth anomaly where as the genetic material was corrupted in transcription. The study you presented seems to present something similar in discrepancies between identical twins, ie transcription error and or epigenetic evolution. So twins are not alike because of transcription error, and homosexuality is a result of transcription error as well. Which makes homosexuality at least partially a genetic trait abet an accidental one and not necessarily if at all inherited. That makes sense of the various studies and why in the twin studies the numbers of both twins being homosexual verses one is so low. While you may have disagreements there seems to be evidence that Ontology guy may be at least partially correct. Anyhow I am curious as to why you say the studies are not valid.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  10. #220
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I am NOT a biologist or other such scientist, I do however work with and write technical papers (Rocketry and Aerospace related) which leads to this question, how are the studies Ontology presents for our edification, not related to the topic at hand. Is it not about whether or not homosexuality a genetic predisposition or not? Form my admittedly brief perusal, the gist seems to be that homosexuality is essentially a genetic birth anomaly where as the genetic material was corrupted in transcription. The study you presented seems to present something similar in discrepancies between identical twins, ie transcription error and or epigenetic evolution. So twins are not alike because of transcription error, and homosexuality is a result of transcription error as well. Which makes homosexuality at least partially a genetic trait abet an accidental one and not necessarily if at all inherited. That makes sense of the various studies and why in the twin studies the numbers of both twins being homosexual verses one is so low. While you may have disagreements there seems to be evidence that Ontology guy may be at least partially correct. Anyhow I am curious as to why you say the studies are not valid.
    Ontologuy confuses defect with difference. The studies indicate that homosexuality is a difference, but no where in the studies is there any indication that homosexuality is a birth defect. That is not what the studies about epi-marks show. They show differences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •