Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #181
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    They know what homosexuals are. Like I said they ask questions like all kids do. They also know its not normal
    First of all they are your children and it is awkward to discuss how you chose to parent them because, for better or for worse, it is your call. But I do feel like you have invited me into this conversation so I will continue until you let me know otherwise.

    Your approach seems condemning and judgmental. I struggle with the idea of teaching children to behave in this manner. Especially over something so private. People do all kinds of deranged things that are clearly hurtful and destructive. Homosexuality is neither of those. What exactly is the downside of teaching tolerance?

    If I recall, you mentioned that this perspective is not based in any faith, so explain to me how you feel homosexuality is destructive. Also, you do understand that this behavior occurs with other animals...right?

    Oh....and your signature is offensive.

  2. #182
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    . Also, you do understand that this behavior occurs with other animals...right?
    can we please drop the "animals do it so it must be OK" angle? there are lots of animal behaviors that are not acceptable for humans.

    NOTE: I am not saying homosexuality is unacceptable or should be unacceptable. Only that "the animals do it" is a STUPID argument.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    82

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    First of all they are your children and it is awkward to discuss how you chose to parent them because, for better or for worse, it is your call. But I do feel like you have invited me into this conversation so I will continue until you let me know otherwise.

    Your approach seems condemning and judgmental. I struggle with the idea of teaching children to behave in this manner. Especially over something so private. People do all kinds of deranged things that are clearly hurtful and destructive. Homosexuality is neither of those. What exactly is the downside of teaching tolerance?

    If I recall, you mentioned that this perspective is not based in any faith, so explain to me how you feel homosexuality is destructive. Also, you do understand that this behavior occurs with other animals...right?

    Oh....and your signature is offensive.
    So you are offended by preserving my race?How racist of you.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic


  5. #185
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Every species has a genetic urge to be with one's own kind and to protect it.


    Yeah I know its horrible to want to protect my species and make sure white children have a future when the undeclared war on my people is destroying us at break neck pace.
    I suggest you buy a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word species. You might learn something.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  6. #186
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    can we please drop the "animals do it so it must be OK" angle? there are lots of animal behaviors that are not acceptable for humans.

    NOTE: I am not saying homosexuality is unacceptable or should be unacceptable. Only that "the animals do it" is a STUPID argument.
    If someone presents the argument that it is unnatural then countering that argument by reminding them that it occurs in nature makes sense.

  7. #187
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    So you are offended by preserving my race?How racist of you.
    You realize that that makes know sense? I hope?

    Wouldn't you rather your children live a world that is peaceful rather than a world where "your kind" has power? Tolerance is the only path to lasting peace.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    If someone presents the argument that it is unnatural then countering that argument by reminding them that it occurs in nature makes sense.
    Agreed though pointing out that whether its natural or not is totally irrelevant is also a useful approach.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  9. #189
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    If someone presents the argument that it is unnatural then countering that argument by reminding them that it occurs in nature makes sense.

    wrong, if someone presents a stupid argument it does not make sense to counter it with an equally stupid argument. what makes sense in to remind/show them that "unnatural" =/= unacceptable.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #190
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Agreed though pointing out that whether its natural or not is totally irrelevant is also a useful approach.
    Agreed but it seems like a less effective argument when addressing someone with this mindset.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •