Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #171
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    ACtually the study goes on the false premise that a twin has the SAME DNA which in fact the SCIENTIFIC evidence shows that DNA is not EXACTLY the same in twins and can differ. Sorry to trump your homophobic "evidence".
    Typical of ideologues (libertarian-left) you purposely play dumb to misconstrue the meaning of this thread's OP presentation with respect to the etiology of homosexuality I presented .. so that you can sling an ad hominem (homophobic) against the messenger of the scientific message that you perceive to be a threat to your ideological agenda.

    The relevant fact to the point I made remains: the OP corroborates that there is no known genetic cause of homosexuality -- there's now not even a genetic cause suspected.

    That corroborates the recent scientific presentation that homosexuality's etiology is indeed not genetic at all but is epigenetic, a gestational epigenetic abnormality, a birth defect.

    Ideologues would do well to stop embarrassing themselves on the matter and instead pause for a moment to reflect what the birth defect reality of homosexuality means.

    It means that bullying will be greatly reduced as a result, it means that religious fundamentalists will stop trying to "convert" homosexuals to homosexuality (a painful process for the homosexual), it means that scientific research to find a prevention for the birth defect of homosexuality could be months away from providing a simple vitamin supplement to the pregnant woman (like was done to greatly reduce the incidence of other gestational epigenetic birth defects like spina bifida) to prevent their offspring from having the intrinsic misery-creating birth defect of homosexuality, and in no way should all of this compromise the equal-rights or political position of those supporting equal rights for those suffering from homosexuality, indeed, discrimination should reduce as a result of accepting the epigenetic birth defect reality of homosexuality.

    Though I can understand the existence of the irrational fear of ideologues and activists, it's simply that: irrational .. and, when the matter is considered rationally, there's really no reason not to simply accept the benefits that come with accepting the scientific truth of the matter as I've presented it.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  2. #172
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,171
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Whether there is a gene out there that is "dominant" in determining those things I don't know. I basically don't affirm or deny either way, we don't know for sure (at least right now).
    Yeah, no "gay" gene. The human biology is not that simple. All we can say is that it is a biological predisposition and more likely than not, there will probably be multiple causes for same sex attraction. We've already pinned down that at least two of the causes lies in epigentics and prenatal birth hormones in respect to birth order. It'll be awhile to find the exact specifics.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What I do know is that the gay friends I have and their partners are neither deviant nor a threat to humanity and have raised their straight children quite well. In other words, just like any other heterosexual couple.
    Thank you for being a decent person.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He's a white supremacist. And before an unaware moderator dings me for "personal attacks," they can google "14 words" and find for themselves.
    I don't think that's something the mod team would infract you for. In fact I think that slogan is very mild compared to what passes as acceptable around here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do Not. Do. This. At. Work.
    Why not? It's not nearly as juicy as you make it out to be. That and I have my own wifi and will do what I want with it.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    Except that we share a common ancestor with the rest of the animal kingdom.
    That's not an exception to any rule nor relevant to the conversation in any way.

  5. #175
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,655

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No you're not...you're acting obtuse. How on earth does a definition that excludes anything man made from being natural somehow including a man made sky scrapper as natural?

    Because you apply it differently to various types of human activity as it suits you.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Which is why the whole "homosexuality is natural or unnatural" debate is absolutely irrelevant and a complete red herring.
    Yup, which makes me wonder why we bother responding to these threads at all except to point out that it's irrelevant.

  7. #177
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,975

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    A. It's not a choice. Besides any biochemical/genetic/hormonal factors, people instinctively want to fit in and being homosexual is a terrible way to accomplish that in any country on earth.

    And here's the real kicker...

    B. It's utterly irrelevant. Homosexuality has already been established to not be harmful in any way, is not a psychological disorder, and they are free to be homosexual and be married if they want.

  8. #178
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    infanticide, cannibalism, incest, eating other animals ****.... there are many "natural" activities that I want no part of.
    Right, and something being "unnatural" doesn't mean you should abstain. Like vaccinations or airplanes. Guns are decidedly unnatural, but I wouldn't consider this an argument for banning them.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #179
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right, and something being "unnatural" doesn't mean you should abstain. Like vaccinations or airplanes. Guns are decidedly unnatural, but I wouldn't consider this an argument for banning them.
    exactly. I have always thought the natural v unnatural debate over homosexuality to be one of the stupidest angles to take.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    82

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Neither is building a court and putting up orange hoops and putting a ball through them again and again but nobody seems to have a problem with that.
    I agree basketball is idiotic we should do away with it. Problem being playing basketball doesn't affect society nor does it have any affect on human nature and life in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ah, so you do not know what the word gay means. Let's see what professionals who have a clue say it means: Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality
    Semantics. Try to keep up please.
    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It's called evolving, you should really consider giving it a try.

    Without knowing what is being taught how can you possibly oppose it?

    Are you going to follow your daughter around for the rest of her life? It really really really doesn't sound at all like you let your kids make up their own minds. If you restrict what information they get how are they possibly making informed decisions?
    They know what homosexuals are. Like I said they ask questions like all kids do. They also know its not normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Teach your children well.
    It's your right and I would defend it but you and your kind shouldn't have a voice, here or anywhere. Racialism is just another buzzword for the kind of tribalism that holds the whole species back from the next step in evolution.
    anti racist is just another buzzword for anti white. Every species has a genetic urge to be with one's own kind and to protect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Then why do dogs do it?
    You are comparing Human's to dogs? Dogs are not as smart as Humans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He's a white supremacist. And before an unaware moderator dings me for "personal attacks," they can google "14 words" and find for themselves.

    Do Not. Do. This. At. Work.
    Special kind of stupid at work...deuce that would be the number of brain cells right? 2? Seems right...I am a racial socialist. Not a national socialist or white supremacist or white nationalist or white separatist you should really look things up before calling someone something so ignorant. I never realized wanting to make sure my race survived is racist...course anti racist is code word for anti white so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well that was educational. Hard to believe any one would actually advertise that.
    Yeah I know its horrible to want to protect my species and make sure white children have a future when the undeclared war on my people is destroying us at break neck pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I know. I know what the '14 words' means.
    Shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Everything there is from Neil Whitehead, an anti-gay researcher who's misinformation is touted by NARTH and stormfront... two organizations who's misrepresentation and ignorance on homosexuality is well founded. The information you provided in your link does NOT draw the conclusion that you think. All it does is demonstrate that sexual orientation is not caused by one factor... something researchers have been saying for ages. It does NOT prove that homosexuality is not genetic.

    Oh, and we know that homosexuality is natural, so you are wrong about that, too.
    Continue enjoying being on the wrong side of things if you please.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Tell us about your signature.
    What ya wanna know? Do you hate white people and kids to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Welcome to the world of EPIC FAILURE.

    Bad news for you is you're on the losing side of intelligent society.
    Good news for you is you're not alone.
    Reverse that and you are 100% correct. Its amazing up until 1973 CORRECTLY homosexuality was considered a mental disease...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Actually it's not, mind your own beeswax.
    Yea it is. My kids are affected by homo activists trying to force their garbage into schools to be taught to children so its very much my business.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •