Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 279

Thread: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic [W:212]

  1. #131
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Thing is, it not being genetic is irrelevant in the light of the fact that gays pretty much deserve the same rights as heterosexuals. If America cares to live up to its' creed.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog
    Hm. Here I thought it was genetic.Either way its not natural.
    Everything there is from Neil Whitehead, an anti-gay researcher who's misinformation is touted by NARTH and stormfront... two organizations who's misrepresentation and ignorance on homosexuality is well founded. The information you provided in your link does NOT draw the conclusion that you think. All it does is demonstrate that sexual orientation is not caused by one factor... something researchers have been saying for ages. It does NOT prove that homosexuality is not genetic.

    Oh, and we know that homosexuality is natural, so you are wrong about that, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #133
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Its not natural. The natural course of nature is to make children/young whatever you want to call it. Can't do it with homosexuality.
    Ah. Another one who doesn't understand the difference between procreation and sexual orientation. These are two different concepts.

    Point negated.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #134
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no scientific evidence that homosexuality is genetic

    There is no gay gene
    Your argument has already been proven ignorant and illogical in another thread. PROVE there is no gay gene.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Nope

    In the wild when a male mounts a male, it's to assert dominance, power and control. There is no homosexual instinct in animals.

    Animals engage in sexual activity because of scents. Like a female dog in heat for example can be detected by other dogs by the smell. Even female dogs in heat have tried to mount female dogs in heat. Chemical reactions to outside stimuli. To try and project human motivations and behaviors onto animals is bad science.



    Heterosexuality propagates the species. To claim that heterosexuality is not genetic is anti science. There is no genetic proof that people are born gay. We're born with reproductive organs in order to reproduce. Didn't you ever take science in grade school?
    As I have said before, Bronson, you don't seem to understand the difference between procreation and sexual orientation. But enlighten us... describe the difference.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no homosexual instinct in animals. I didn't realize liberals were so anti science.

    I knew someone would bring up the gay penguins. You realize that they are now ex-gay penguins right?

    SF Zoo's Same Sex Penguin Couple Splits Up | www.ktvu.com

    So if we're going to use "gay animals" as evidence that homosexuality is "natural" then we can conclude that homosexuality can be "cured". Not only that, since we're using irrational animal behavior to justify human morality now is cannibalism a moral and civil right now too? After all, animals eat their young and engage in cannibalism.



    No it doesn't. Animals aren't mounting other animals because of human feelings and motivations. Animals react irrationally to outside stimuli. There is no homosexual instinct in animals.
    Please tell us what a heterosexual or homosexual instinct is. And remember... since procreation is NOT the same as a sexual orientation, you cannot use it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #137
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no gay gene.
    Prove it, Bronson. You keep saying this, but you have offered nothing to prove your position. That makes your position irrelevant and inconsequential.

    Your belief that such a gene exists is pure religious dogma. This study even hammers that point home even harder. Identical twins have identical DNA. If there was a gay gene there would consistent data to show that was a possibility. The scientific data and evidence point to the exact opposite however.
    This shows how little you know about genetics. Just because twins have identical DNA doesn't mean that they have the same number of COPYS of those DNA. Scientists have found small subtle differences in the genetics of twins.

    So, as usual, you are wrong. Twins are NOT completely identical.

    For more information on this, here is a link:

    Identical Twins' DNA Varies | LiveScience

    Male/female coupling is natural. It has specific social and biological purposes. It's propagates the species. Homosexuality is abnormal. Occurs in less than 5% (less than 2% most likely) and is associated with psychological abnormalities in humans. Homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder in the DSM criteria until it was removed for political purposes. Animals engage in those types of irrational homosexual behaviors because of dominance and conflicting and confusing outside stimuli.
    1) You STILL don't understand the difference between procreation and sexual orientation.
    2) Homosexuality was removed from the DSM when activists assisted in getting relevant research seen. YOUR position has been thoroughly trashed by me and has been shown to be not credible.
    3) Animals have been shown to exhibit both heterosexual and homosexual behavior. Tell us the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #138
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There is no gay gene
    Prove it.

    This study further proves that. If homosexuality is psychological (and it is) it can be cured.
    The study is not credible and proves nothing. Homosexuality is not psychological, and treating it is unethical and would result in one being delicensed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #139
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    This correlates with the recent scientific presentation (see below) that homosexuality is epigenetic in etiology, not genetic, two completely different etiologies.
    All of your information on the topic has been thoroughly debunked and shown to not be credible, simply because all of your evidence has nothing to do with your position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There are 5 people all giving me the same response so I'll just focus on this one

    There are 2 major strawmen in your arguments

    1) There is no gay gene. Evidence has just been found through a scientific study of identical twins (same DNA) that further supports this hypothesis. It is strong and compelling evidence. I find it absolutely amazing that you would dare claim someone doesn't understand genetics while completely ignoring the genetic data contained within the study.
    This information has been debunked since we know that a) there is not ONE thing that causes sexual orientation, and b) we now know that the DNA of identical twins is slightly different. You have been proven to be incorrect.

    Nobody in this thread wants to talk about the study and for good reason. It's further evidence that homosexuality is a psychological disorder. That homosexuality can be cured. Human beings are born with productive organs that have specific biological purposes. Beyond emotion and not wanting to hurt gay people's feelings, homosexual sex isn't natural. Claiming it's natural because animals do it (for reasons that have nothing to do with love, sexual attraction ect) is a very poor argument. Animals also engage in cannibalism.
    Homosexuality has been proven to not be a psychological disorder. If had read the Hooker study you would know that. Since it is not a psychological disorder, the word "cure" is irrelevant. And of course it's natural. It occurs in nature.

    2) Animals have an instinct to procreate. Biologically they have productive organs which serves a specific purpose. Heterosexuality as a condition is natural. A human beings inability to behave as a heterosexual (as this study further points to) is purely psychological. A condition that can be cured so the human being once again be one with it's nature.
    STILL don't know the difference between procreation and sexual orientation, do you?

    I'm not going to keep repeating myself. If you want to talk about what the study specifically says, I'll be happy to do that. The science says there is no gay gene. Identical Twin DNA testing confirms this.
    1) The science does not say this.
    2) Twin studies do not confirm this.
    3) Twin DNA is slightly different.

    In other words, you entire argument has failed and has been shown to be not credible. So, Bronson, you cannot claim that there is no gay gene, because you have not proven that, you cannot use the twin study argument since we know that twin DNA differs, you cannot use the natural argument, since we know that it occurs in nature, you cannot use the "homosexuality is a psychological disorder" because of the Hooker study, and you cannot use animal issues because you don't understand the difference between procreation and sexual orientation. Based on this, I have no idea what you are actually going to use in your argument, since all of your points have been debunked.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •