Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

  1. #11
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    You know that's like saying that you're for Women's Emancipation, so long as they're kept in the home, barred from voting, and out of the workplace, right?
    It's not like that at all actually, but I realize that kind of "gray area" is something foreign to the Conservative way of thinking.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #12
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    LOL, no you're not. You're for stripping capitalists of their profits and incentive so you can create as many dependent voters as possible.
    Pure strawman crap. Nice try.

    I could make broad sweeping untrue statements about Conservatives, but I see no need to. I guess you're just not there yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's not like that at all actually, but I realize that kind of "gray area" is something foreign to the Conservative way of thinking.
    Mostly because when somebody says "gray area," we hear "I am uncomfortable with the probable truth and so refuse to examine it."
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  4. #14
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Mostly because when somebody says "gray area," we hear "I am uncomfortable with the probable truth and so refuse to examine it."
    See, exactly. If it ain't black and white, you can't cope.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    See, exactly. If it ain't black and white, you can't cope.
    If you can't accept what's black and white, you're in danger of dying in a zebra stampede.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  6. #16
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    People forget that in addition to being a musician and activist he's also a successful businessman.

    I'd be kind of surprised if he didn't think this.

  7. #17
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    The controversy is in who said it- not the subject matter. Bono's historically been very pro-welfare and pro-aid. It seems odd for him to take this position.
    He still is.

  8. #18
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    If you can't accept what's black and white, you're in danger of dying in a zebra stampede.
    So I guess you and the other conservatives will survive the zebra stampede. Good for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So I guess you and the other conservatives will survive the zebra stampede. Good for you.
    And probably the relentless assault of facts, which also tend to be "black and white."
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Bono: “Capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid”

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    And probably the relentless assault of facts, which also tend to be "black and white."
    Facts are just facts. Your judgement is subjective.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •