Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

  1. #1
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Paula Deen Racism, Discrimination Charges Dropped in Lawsuit - UsMagazine.com

    Finally, some good news for Paula Deen. The disgraced celebrity chef was cleared of race discrimination claims filed by former restaurant manager Lisa Jackson, a judge ruled in Savannah, Georgia on Monday, Aug. 12. The Associated Press reports U.S. District Court Judge William T. Moore threw out Jackson's claims that Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers subjected her to racist attitudes during the five years she worked at their restaurant, Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House..........

    __________________________________________________ _
    The other allegations are continuing, but all those people here jumping to conclusions and accusing her of being a big old KKK-type racist have what to say now?

  2. #2
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Paula Deen Racism, Discrimination Charges Dropped in Lawsuit - UsMagazine.com

    Finally, some good news for Paula Deen. The disgraced celebrity chef was cleared of race discrimination claims filed by former restaurant manager Lisa Jackson, a judge ruled in Savannah, Georgia on Monday, Aug. 12. The Associated Press reports U.S. District Court Judge William T. Moore threw out Jackson's claims that Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers subjected her to racist attitudes during the five years she worked at their restaurant, Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House..........

    __________________________________________________ _
    The other allegations are continuing, but all those people here jumping to conclusions and accusing her of being a big old KKK-type racist have what to say now?
    She campainged for Obama. Just thought you should know that before making her another RW saint.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    She campainged for Obama. Just thought you should know that before making her another RW saint.
    I am not a right winger--I hate everybody--except Martha Stewart of course. Besides, Obama is a republican (and the half-white guy) so you should be outraged she is getting off easy.

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I am not a right winger--I hate everybody--except Martha Stewart of course. Besides, Obama is a republican (and the half-white guy) so you should be outraged she is getting off easy.
    Wouldn't that make him a "White African-American?"

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Wouldn't that make him a "White African-American?"
    Depends on his handicap, golf and otherwise

  6. #6
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Paula Deen Racism, Discrimination Charges Dropped in Lawsuit - UsMagazine.com

    Finally, some good news for Paula Deen. The disgraced celebrity chef was cleared of race discrimination claims filed by former restaurant manager Lisa Jackson, a judge ruled in Savannah, Georgia on Monday, Aug. 12. The Associated Press reports U.S. District Court Judge William T. Moore threw out Jackson's claims that Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers subjected her to racist attitudes during the five years she worked at their restaurant, Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House..........

    __________________________________________________ _
    The other allegations are continuing, but all those people here jumping to conclusions and accusing her of being a big old KKK-type racist have what to say now?
    The Media was just looking for someone to beat up with their PC goody goody crap. The worst thing she did was talk about some Plantation style Wedding Plan, which is pretty weird and had to be a joke. If she had actually done that, then I would say she's stupid. But all this ultra sensitivity over free speech hurts us all.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #7
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    The Media was just looking for someone to beat up with their PC goody goody crap. The worst thing she did was talk about some Plantation style Wedding Plan, which is pretty weird and had to be a joke. If she had actually done that, then I would say she's stupid. But all this ultra sensitivity over free speech hurts us all.
    I think white tux on black people is a sharp look. Has nothing to do with slavery and everything to do with contrast.

  8. #8
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I think white tux on black people is a sharp look. Has nothing to do with slavery and everything to do with contrast.
    A woo woo... I'm telling.


    Do people really want to tell everyone else what to say all the time?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    A woo woo... I'm telling.


    Do people really want to tell everyone else what to say all the time?
    Mostly I want to tell them what not to say....as in "SHUT UP!!!"

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Paula Deen Cleared of Race Discrimination Charges in Ex-Employee's Lawsuit

    Too little too late, her goose is cooked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •