Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 279

Thread: First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    No. I just was thinking a few hundred miles vs a few thousand miles to Texas.
    Martha's Vineyard is very expensive. It's a vacation destination for the wealthy.

  2. #102
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,653
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    This entire thread is idiocy, idiocy that has been repeated over the years, nearly every time Obama goes on vacation... and two posts in this very thread has shown this story to be false. Every president I can remember has had dogs in the White House, and has taken those dogs on vacation. If there is room for the dog on Air Force One, that's where it flies. If a smaller plane is required because the runway isn't large enough for Air Force One, then additional required staff, aids... and dog(s)... come in on additional flights.

    Partisan pouting is one thing, but this partisan pettiness is absolutely beyond the pale. The Obamas are allowed to have a dog, like dozens of first families before them, and they are allowed to take their dogs on vacation with them, just like dozens of first families before them.

    In closing, I'd like to add: WTF is wrong with you people????

    Thank you.

  3. #103
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Martha's Vineyard is very expensive. It's a vacation destination for the wealthy.
    But all the costs are being privately funded/donated I thought. The only taxpayer expenses are transportation and security, which would be the same or probably less than if he went to a ranch in Texas since it takes more fuel to fly to Texas.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  4. #104
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    This entire thread is idiocy, idiocy that has been repeated over the years, nearly every time Obama goes on vacation... and two posts in this very thread has shown this story to be false. Every president I can remember has had dogs in the White House, and has taken those dogs on vacation. If there is room for the dog on Air Force One, that's where it flies. If a smaller plane is required because the runway isn't large enough for Air Force One, then additional required staff, aids... and dog(s)... come in on additional flights.

    Partisan pouting is one thing, but this partisan pettiness is absolutely beyond the pale. The Obamas are allowed to have a dog, like dozens of first families before them, and they are allowed to take their dogs on vacation with them, just like dozens of first families before them.

    In closing, I'd like to add: WTF is wrong with you people????

    Thank you.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    But all the costs are being privately funded/donated I thought. The only taxpayer expenses are transportation and security, which would be the same or probably less than if he went to a ranch in Texas since it takes more fuel to fly to Texas.
    I don't know if it is or not. But about the dog, don't you think it costs extra money to have a handler?

    I wonder if they paid for the dog themselves to begin with and I wonder how much a Labradoodle or whatever the heck kind of dog it is costs?

  6. #106
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,495

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    This entire thread is idiocy, idiocy that has been repeated over the years, nearly every time Obama goes on vacation... and two posts in this very thread has shown this story to be false. Every president I can remember has had dogs in the White House, and has taken those dogs on vacation. If there is room for the dog on Air Force One, that's where it flies. If a smaller plane is required because the runway isn't large enough for Air Force One, then additional required staff, aids... and dog(s)... come in on additional flights.

    Partisan pouting is one thing, but this partisan pettiness is absolutely beyond the pale. The Obamas are allowed to have a dog, like dozens of first families before them, and they are allowed to take their dogs on vacation with them, just like dozens of first families before them.

    In closing, I'd like to add: WTF is wrong with you people????

    Thank you.
    Absolutely agree. All Presidents take vacations. All Presidents take their staff because they work on vacation. All Presidents travel with large Secret Service contingents because they are required to by law. Most Presidents seem to favor their home towns for vacations. Obama as I recall spent much of his life in Hawaii.

    I don't begrudge any President their vacation time. I want my President to be well rested.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  7. #107
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    This entire thread is idiocy, idiocy that has been repeated over the years, nearly every time Obama goes on vacation... and two posts in this very thread has shown this story to be false. Every president I can remember has had dogs in the White House, and has taken those dogs on vacation. If there is room for the dog on Air Force One, that's where it flies. If a smaller plane is required because the runway isn't large enough for Air Force One, then additional required staff, aids... and dog(s)... come in on additional flights.

    Partisan pouting is one thing, but this partisan pettiness is absolutely beyond the pale. The Obamas are allowed to have a dog, like dozens of first families before them, and they are allowed to take their dogs on vacation with them, just like dozens of first families before them.

    In closing, I'd like to add: WTF is wrong with you people????

    Thank you.
    Also dragging Obama's children into this, who were 7 and 10 when Obama was sworn in as president, is also a very devious partisan smear attack.

    And I have brought up in previous posts former first Lady Laura Bush and the 2 Bush children as an example that they also traveled to foreign countries. I do not have an issue with that at all, I did not bring them up because I think there is something wrong with their travels but as an example that the Obama family isn't any different from the George W. Bush junior family when they occupied the white house.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #108
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Absolutely agree. All Presidents take vacations. All Presidents take their staff because they work on vacation. All Presidents travel with large Secret Service contingents because they are required to by law. Most Presidents seem to favor their home towns for vacations. Obama as I recall spent much of his life in Hawaii.

    I don't begrudge any President their vacation time. I want my President to be well rested.
    If it had been me I would have paid a couple of interns to drive to dog up over the weekend or left him at home. But s that really driving the country into bankruptcy?
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    How is Obama's trip to Martha's Vineyard tremendously more expensive than Midand, Texas?
    Because Martha's Vineyard is tremendously more expensive.

    It's not just this trip specific though. Pres. Obama spares no expense when he travels.

    Sure, he paid for his room while in Mumbai's Taj Mahal Hotel but the U.S. taxpayer picked up the tab for renting out every other room in the building. I don't expect him to stay in a Motel 6 but did he have to choose one of the most expensive hotels in the world? Did he have to see the Gandhi Museum so badly that taxpayers needed to foot the bill for the mile long, bomb proof tunnel? Did it have to be air conditioned when his $300,000.00 limo certainly comes with air conditioning. Triple the number of boat patrols were needed in his last trip to Hawaii because he rented a house at the tip of a peninsula and procedure required separate guards and patrols for all three waterways. Couldn't he have saved a few hundred thousand dollars by renting a house that only overlooks one waterway? Did we really have to pay tens of thousands of additional dollars because his family couldn't wait for him to begin their family vacation so they flew on ahead when he was delayed?

    I get that he's not just some guy but I don't think it's asking too much to expect him to just skip a museum if the trip there is too dangerous to undertake without a bomb proof tunnel being built for the one time use.
    Last edited by Dapper Andy; 08-12-13 at 11:43 PM.

  10. #110
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: What Sequester? First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

    How many vacation days did Laura bush take while her husband was president
    Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama’s Christmas Vacation Costs | Politicus USA's Archives
    Crew of 42
    Why Weren

    Imho and with nothing but honor and respect for President Bush, who I voted for twice; the criticisms of Obama in many areas are political tribalism where right and wrong is determined by "-D" a d "-R."
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •