Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 356

Thread: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ [W:161]

  1. #181
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    NO. It doesn't work like that. You made an assertion that you can't prove. That means it is your opinion, and your opinion only.
    Yes, it does work that way. My opinion is valid, unless you can prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #182
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A Secret Service agent says, "oh, we've always done that"? uh...ok.
    So you have knowledge that contradicts it? Blog vs. blog -- you just want to believe one because it's critical of Obama.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #183
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you have knowledge that contradicts it? Blog vs. blog -- you just want to believe one because it's critical of Obama.
    Please provide evidence that was done in past inauguration parades. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #184
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, it does work that way. My opinion is valid, unless you can prove me wrong.
    "I'm right and you're wrong."

    Funny, Sykes said "That means it is your opinion, and your opinion only."

    To which you said: "My opinion is valid"

    So actually, you agree that it's your opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #185
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Please provide evidence that was done in past inauguration parades. Thanks.
    I gave evidence that it's a longstanding policy of the Secret Service. At least as much evidence as you had.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #186
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    "I'm right and you're wrong."

    Funny, Sykes said "That means it is your opinion, and your opinion only."

    To which you said: "My opinion is valid"

    So actually, you agree that it's your opinion.
    I never said it wasn't my opinion. Sykes is trying to say that since it's an opinion, it's wrong...time to prove me wrong But, we call know that not going to happen, but rather a huge trollage team will pounce to argue with me about whether, or not, I was stating an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #187
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I gave evidence that it's a longstanding policy of the Secret Service. At least as much evidence as you had.
    No, you provided hearsay, not evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #188
    Professor
    Sykes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mmm. Bacon.
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,257

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never said it wasn't my opinion. Sykes is trying to say that since it's an opinion, it's wrong...time to prove me wrong But, we call know that not going to happen, but rather a huge trollage team will pounce to argue with me about whether, or not, I was stating an opinion.
    Nobody bothers trying to prove opinions as erroneous. It's like trying to prove faith.
    "Never before in modern history have we had a president-elect so ill-informed, ill-tempered, irrational and ill-equipped to deal with the major issues that face this country." Kareem Abdul Jabbar, 1/19/17

  9. #189
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    01-02-15 @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    90

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    I'm not going to discuss biomechanical engineering with you. I ran a rather large company for thirty years. The truth is, I support the idea of alternative energy but most of what I have seen from the current administration is misplaced resources and unsound business practices in the name of alternative energy. Most of the electric cars on the road require government subsidies to be affordable. Wind energy requires a very long time to pay back the investment in equipment. Ethanol is an energy deficient process that takes a food source and turns it into a product that eats gaskets in pipelines so has to be transported by truck.

    I'm in favor of perfecting the technology but bringing the technology to market before it's ready just slows progress and puts alternative energy in a bad light. Look at what's happening in the news right now with Terry McAuliffe.

    I am more interested in the business of alternative energy than it's production though and I am sure your depth of knowledge about the science of sustainable energy is far greater than any I will ever acquire. If you want to talk about the business model of Soylindra or a Tesla turning into a brick when the battery runs dead, I'm in.

    Good luck with Uncle Tom by the way although I don't know if you want to talk about race or literature.
    I appreciate that response so thank you.
    My point as it related to Sarah Palin was that she made it very clear during her run in '08 that she was very serious about cutting funding for basic research which she deemed "useless" or a waste of time. The reason I asked what you did is that if you were in a science field you would have no excuse for sweeping that under the rug. However, I do not expect people from outside a STEM field to know exactly how all the research works so I won't hold it against you here. As an engineer we basically apply concepts discovered via basic scientific research to real world problems. Say applying research on the ability of plants to "search" for the ideal angle to gather sunlight to solar panel technology.

    Now the team or teams of scientists who originally carried out the plant research might not have even had that application in mind while they were working but that is where it proved useful. Basic research is rarely conducted, particularly at the university-level, with a specific application in mind. So cutting "useless" research is an incredibly stupid idea and is basically a death sentence to innovation.

    On the business end of it, the unavoidable truth is that Solyndra never should have gotten the grant money. From what I have seen they had basically no plan and no experience. With that said, I am not at all convinced that Barrack Obama himself is the one who made the decision to fund the company. Now I realize that as President, he is ultimately responsible for the money sent out under his policies but it is a little disingenuous to say it is his fault Solyndra wasted that money. The best way to fix that is to streamline the process of securing grant money making it easier for people with the experience and know-how to get the money they need.

    As far as McAuliffe, I don't see that that situation is related. It seems that this is more a case of shady businessmen that just happened to own a green energy company. Maybe you can share the connection you are drawing there.

    Oh and sorry about the Uncle Tom thing hahaha I definitely meant Uncle Sam. Posting at 3am while running on five cups of coffee does not make for coherent posts.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Obama Protesters Sing 'Bye Bye Black Sheep,' in AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    The president is our servant. He is the servant of the military. He does not get to take their rights away. The president causing people to loose their right to self defense is about as unAmerican as it gets.
    Ooo, the forefathers must be rolling in their graves to hear you say that.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •