Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164

Thread: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right and a valuable employee will take ownership of his job.
    Only the employee never has ownership of a job. If he did, he could do as he wished with that job as implied with everything else you own. Do you know the basic principles of ownership? Ownership means you own it. As you never own the job you are hired to do, you don't have ownership of it. This is basic economics dude.

    You get fired because you didn't do your job to standard, which is your fault. So, IOW, you gave them the job back, because you didn't want it anymore.
    Jajajaja what? An employer can fire you for a number of things completely unrelated to whether or not you want the job. You're simply being a contrarian and failing extremely hard at it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #72
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's both. Without one, there won't be the other. One generates the other.
    And yet - without demand, there is no reason to even have supplies. So it is the demand which has made us into the greatest economy in the world. Not the people supplying that demand. Again, you're being a contrarian and failing hard at it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #73
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Of course I don't, but the simplest way to make someone painting with as broad a brush as you did look foolish is to provide a reasonable counter-example.
    You made yourself look foolish. Guess what? The work ethic of the working class is garbage, and needs to be addressed. Working class jobs jobs in this country are a joke, and are more like welfare than anything. I used to be working class, I know how it is. I also knew how to appreciate what I had in those days which is what allowed me to move up in the world. I was given nothing, I had to earn my place. People today don't have that mentality anymore. They're spoiled, and they act like they deserve more just because they graced the earth with their presence. Americans are greedy, spoiled brats, and the younger the generation, the worse it gets. Instead of pointing and laughing at the French, we need to be looking at that as a warning. We need to get off our asses, and make the necessary changes before we end up having articles written about how ****ty our workers are. It's embarrassing for me, as an American to have to say it, because we're supposed to be the best. We aren't anymore. We're far below the level of excellence that we once set.

    No, actually, that's not what I said. Go back and read it again. Quote it, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    How does that make any difference in what I said? You've got your anecdotal evidence, I've got mine, and neither proves anything. Maybe you just suck as a supervisor.
    It was clearly an emotional response, which had nothing to do with anything. It was a cheap shot and you know it. It was also tasteless and juvenile.

    Right, like I said, that's where you made it about me. I didn't assume anything.
    You made it about you from the very start, and you still are.


    Relevant to the discussion, as per the above.
    It actually wasn't.


    Nope. Read it again, or better yet quote it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    That's the kind of attitude I have when someone paints such a large group with such a broad brush. I have an excellent attitude and work ethic. When I was working gas stations, I was the guy who swept the lot so that the discarded cigarette butts didn't make me look bad. When I delivered pizzas, I was the guy who smiled through 25 cent tips.

    If your posts reflect the kind of attitude you walk around with, then you definitely suck as a supervisor.
    If you want to make it personal like that, lets get personal. You don't know what a real supervisor is. You worked menial unskilled corporate protected jobs, pushing buttons, and delivering pizzas. Get back to me with that criticism when you've had a real job, with real supervisors, where promotions, advancements, and bonuses are based entirely on quality of work and how valuable you actually make yourself to be to the company, not just how long you've been employed by a particular company. That's when you can tell me that you think I suck as a supervisor. That's when I will take your criticisms of my job seriously, because my boss thinks I'm doing a wonderful job, and overall, my employees are pretty damn happy. That's because I was there doing what they were doing. I know what they go through, I know all their little tricks and shams. I also know how to motivate them to work harder, and I know when something is wrong, and need to give them a break, or how to work things around to give them more hours. I know my workers, we're a team tasked with a very important job, and that's why we get **** done better than the rest out here, and why we're ahead of schedule by two weeks. But hey, I suck because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Grow up.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #74
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You made yourself look foolish. Guess what? The work ethic of the working class is garbage, and needs to be addressed. Working class jobs jobs in this country are a joke, and are more like welfare than anything. I used to be working class, I know how it is. I also knew how to appreciate what I had in those days which is what allowed me to move up in the world. I was given nothing, I had to earn my place. People today don't have that mentality anymore. They're spoiled, and they act like they deserve more just because they graced the earth with their presence. Americans are greedy, spoiled brats, and the younger the generation, the worse it gets. Instead of pointing and laughing at the French, we need to be looking at that as a warning. We need to get off our asses, and make the necessary changes before we end up having articles written about how ****ty our workers are. It's embarrassing for me, as an American to have to say it, because we're supposed to be the best. We aren't anymore. We're far below the level of excellence that we once set.




    It was clearly an emotional response, which had nothing to do with anything. It was a cheap shot and you know it. It was also tasteless and juvenile.


    You made it about you from the very start, and you still are.



    It actually wasn't.





    If you want to make it personal like that, lets get personal. You don't know what a real supervisor is. You worked menial unskilled corporate protected jobs, pushing buttons, and delivering pizzas. Get back to me with that criticism when you've had a real job, with real supervisors, where promotions, advancements, and bonuses are based entirely on quality of work and how valuable you actually make yourself to be to the company, not just how long you've been employed by a particular company. That's when you can tell me that you think I suck as a supervisor. That's when I will take your criticisms of my job seriously, because my boss thinks I'm doing a wonderful job, and overall, my employees are pretty damn happy. That's because I was there doing what they were doing. I know what they go through, I know all their little tricks and shams. I also know how to motivate them to work harder, and I know when something is wrong, and need to give them a break, or how to work things around to give them more hours. I know my workers, we're a team tasked with a very important job, and that's why we get **** done better than the rest out here, and why we're ahead of schedule by two weeks. But hey, I suck because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Grow up.
    Oh, I get it. I thought I having a conversation with you, but it turns out you're only talking to your mental image of me. You say that I've said things, and when I contradict you and invite you to actually quote what I said, all you've got left is going off on a tangent.

    Have fun, I'm done with your silliness.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #75
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Well if you look at wealth per capita they are 4th in the world.
    Forbes didn't say so, but I'll take your word for it. I know they were a little late at Yorktown. They did show up though.

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Only the employee never has ownership of a job. If he did, he could do as he wished with that job as implied with everything else you own. Do you know the basic principles of ownership? Ownership means you own it. As you never own the job you are hired to do, you don't have ownership of it. This is basic economics dude.
    By that logic, even the owner of the company doesn't own his job. He can't do as he wishes, if he expects to stay in business. Same thing goes for an employee.



    Jajajaja what? An employer can fire you for a number of things completely unrelated to whether or not you want the job. You're simply being a contrarian and failing extremely hard at it.
    Anyone with management experience will tell you that keeping a job is left up to the employee that's holding that job.

    I'm not being contrarian, just realistic. I'm a grownup, that's been in the real world that has a superb work ethic, not some kid on the internet trying to convince everyone that he's a master tradesman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You are correct, I am pretty damned sure you cannot get much more lazy and worthless than CEOs or middle management types here in the US. They have two speeds, nothing and screwing stuff up.
    Don't worry, it's never a job you'll have to do.

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And yet - without demand, there is no reason to even have supplies. So it is the demand which has made us into the greatest economy in the world. Not the people supplying that demand. Again, you're being a contrarian and failing hard at it.
    Supply and demand co-exist. Demand is worthless, without an innovator and a producer to meet that demand, the same way that production is useless without a demand for the product. Can't have one without the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Me personally? Depends. I average about 60-70 hours. They can work up to 80 hours if they absolutely have to, but that's when the big boss comes out, and nobody will be happy then.
    I would be praying for the big boss to come visit...lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: French deemed 'too lazy' for Swiss recruiters

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    By that logic, even the owner of the company doesn't own his job.
    By what logic? There isn't logic in saying the owner of a company actually owns the job and at no point do employees own the jobs they are hired to do. This is business 101.

    Anyone with management experience will tell you that keeping a job is left up to the employee that's holding that job.
    You obviously haven't ever worked in management. I've fired half a dozen people in the last year because I can always find people who could do the same job for less. So it was never up to them to do hold on to their jobs. It was just a matter of me not finding somebody who could do the same for less. Again, this all goes back to why you don't own a job. Ever.

    I'm not being contrarian, just realistic. I'm a grownup, that's been in the real world that has a superb work ethic, not some kid on the internet trying to convince everyone that he's a master tradesman.
    It must be why you're giving ridiculous business advice and slaving away at a 9-5 hoping for a half day off. That "realism" has led you to believe you actually own your job. I've never seen somebody buy into the capitalism dream so well.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •