Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 113

Thread: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

  1. #61
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I hardly ever make Biblical argument, only when someone starts making morality arguments that conflict with the assumed morality playbook.

    Don't make morality arguments if they make for poor debate.......duh.
    you are babbling incoherently. I'm not making an argument of morality.

    forced charity is poor policy. charity needs to be personal. some times, the best charity is no charity. that requires personal communication. it requires something governments and red tape can't provide.

    when I questioning you, you said like it or leave it. now you are talking about morality. read more, post less is the best advice you will ever receive.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you are babbling incoherently. I'm not making an argument of morality.
    Ah, your argument citing " the majority wanted slavery" and "forced charity" are not morality based argument.

    forced charity is poor policy. charity needs to be personal. some times, the best charity is no charity. that requires personal communication. it requires something governments and red tape can't provide.
    This is incoherent babbling based on nothing in particular....or some twisted morality?

    when I questioning you, you said like it or leave it. now you are talking about morality. read more, post less is the best advice you will ever receive.
    Wow, this is coming from someone who cannot state a basis for his rhetoric.

    Hmmm....meh,
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Maybe I'm just misreading the OP, but the people targeted by the legislation would be those getting state waivers for not working 20 hours a week
    State waivers. Isn't that a state right?


    So who might be getting state waivers for not working twenty hours a week? The physically impaired, children, senior citizens, women with small children, and the unemployed due to lack of economic opportunities....did I leave anyone out?

  4. #64
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    State waivers. Isn't that a state right?
    1) Your rebuttal to the article was about how these people are already working two jobs. I just pointed out how anyone working part time would not be affected.

    2) besides being a total red herring, I'm not a big supporter of "state rights". Especially where it concerns federal funds


    So who might be getting state waivers for not working twenty hours a week? The physically impaired, children, senior citizens, women with small children, and the unemployed due to lack of economic opportunities....did I leave anyone out?
    Did you even read the OP? It made clear the bill concerned able-bodied adults. Maybe go back and read what your attempting to comment on, before we continue this discussion.


    So who might be getting state waivers for not working twenty hours a week? The physically impaired, children, senior citizens, women with small children, and the unemployed due to lack of economic opportunities....did I leave anyone out?[/QUOTE]

  5. #65
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    and the unemployed due to lack of economic opportunities....did I leave anyone out?
    I think those ARE who are being targeted, the bill would not provide funding for the 20hr/week training....so states will not provide it.....and you will lose your benefits since you are not fulfilling the requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so your saying CA, keeps it 53 NY 27 and the states you have your eye on, should have their representatives reduced?
    Do you believe in a representational government or not?

    [QUOTE]
    Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of[B] free Persons
    "The Constitution contains a mandate for a census. One of its stated objectives is to enable the proper apportionment of representation, state by state, in the House of Representatives. From the start, however, apportionment has been a mangled affair, a stain on our claim to be a true and fair representative democracy...."
    Census nonsense - Los Angeles Times


    the constitution does not state .....citizens.
    The Constitution does not state...slaves...either. But is there any doubt in anyones mind who the "3/5 persons" were? After the Civil War and the slaves were freed, the southern states counted them as whole persons while still denying them the right to vote and representation. What is so different from that and what the states with large illegal immigrant populations are doing now?

  7. #67
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) Your rebuttal to the article was about how these people are already working two jobs. I just pointed out how anyone working part time would not be affected.
    Fair enough.

    2) besides being a total red herring, I'm not a big supporter of "state rights". Especially where it concerns federal funds
    Does that include federal funds for health care?

    Did you even read the OP? It made clear the bill concerned able-bodied adults. Maybe go back and read what your attempting to comment on, before we continue this discussion.
    My apologies.

    So who might be getting state waivers for not working twenty hours a week? ..... women with small children, and the unemployed due to lack of economic opportunities, including fathers.......did I leave anyone out?

  8. #68
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Do you believe in a representational government or not?
    i believe in mixed government of the founders federalist 40, ....not the stupidity of democracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    "The Constitution contains a mandate for a census. One of its stated objectives is to enable the proper apportionment of representation, state by state, in the House of Representatives. From the start, however, apportionment has been a mangled affair, a stain on our claim to be a true and fair representative democracy...."
    Census nonsense - Los Angeles Times
    the census does not count citizens, it counts people, anybody.

    you stated rural states, were counting people as citizens who were illegal..they are becuase thats what the constitution says to do.

    by the way we are not a democracy, you will not find that word in our founding documents, or the constitution of any state.

    we are a federal republic, with republican form of government ,not a democratic form....article 4 section 4



    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The Constitution does not state...slaves...either. But is there any doubt in anyones mind who the "3/5 persons" were? After the Civil War and the slaves were freed, the southern states counted them as whole persons while still denying them the right to vote and representation. What is so different from that and what the states with large illegal immigrant populations are doing now?
    actually it does, but not by name, the 13 14 15th amendments to our constitution were written for the slaves only, as stated by the USSC in the slaughterhouse case of 1873.

    however later it has been stated by the court it applies to all citizens.........by stating that the bill of rights now applies to the states.

    the amendments removed them from slavery, due process, could not be discriminated by governments, privileges and immunities, and they could not be denied the vote because they were a slave.

    voting under the constitution by the founders was not a right. ..it was a privilege as stated by the founders....the court later called it a right.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Lets see now, most people on food stamps are already working two jobs and still can't make ends meet which is why they rely on food stamps...and congress thinks they need to get another job? When will they have time to spend with and raise their kids?


    Congress should be forced to spend a month in a poor single mother's shoes.
    Attachment 67151482

  10. #70
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Politico: House GOP takes another cut at food stamp bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I think those ARE who are being targeted, the bill would not provide funding for the 20hr/week training....so states will not provide it.....and you will lose your benefits since you are not fulfilling the requirement.
    Twenty hours a week wouldn't even pay for day care. It would be like working so you could pay someone else to raise your kids.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •