Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 288

Thread: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinton, ‘

  1. #201
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So wait, what you're saying is that if these fictional people with better credentials than Hillary don't rise hire than her, it's because she benefited from her husband? Lol. What utter nonsense. The world is filled with geniuses who didn't accomplish much other than get their names in the papers once or twice. That they haven't become more successful than less intelligent people is not proof that the more successful but less intelligent took some short of shortcut to their success. Your argument is just a new form of penis envy. Only now it's more depressing because it's directed at a woman.
    Oh, Lordy. Forgive me for directing this toward a woman. Heaven forfend that I should hold a woman to the same standards as I would a man. Penis envy? Really? The people I have in mind, that I do know BTW, are not less intelligent. They just don't covet the highest office in the land, and for good reason. And intelligence is not the main qualifier anyway. It's how that intelligence is directed, and that makes more difference than the much esteemed IQ to start with. I've read your posts, and you already know this. Yes. Hillary has benefited from her husband's tenure as president. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it's true none the less. For her sake, I almost wish it wasn't so. She has Bill to overcome in some respects.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Oh, Lordy. Forgive me for directing this toward a woman. Heaven forfend that I should hold a woman to the same standards as I would a man.
    Only you don't have the same standard for women as you do men. You have a different standard for some women who you dislike. It's new age male chauvinism. You've demonstrated it over and over again. Regardless of the fact that Hillary Clinton has displayed in spades that she can be successful in many fields, you're still claiming she couldn't have become a senator without her husband. Nonsense. She could have. If anything, it seems as if the reason he's successful is because she was there every single step of the way.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #203
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Only you don't have the same standard for women as you do men. You have a different standard for some women who you dislike. It's new age male chauvinism. You've demonstrated it over and over again. Regardless of the fact that Hillary Clinton has displayed in spades that she can be successful in many fields, you're still claiming she couldn't have become a senator without her husband. Nonsense. She could have. If anything, it seems as if the reason he's successful is because she was there every single step of the way.
    Oh, I'm not a Hillary fan. That's true. But that's not because she's a woman. It's not new age chauvinism or some prejudice that you'd like for it to be. I don't like her policies. I'm conservative, and she's not. It's really that simple. And yes, you can claim she may have been a senator, or whatever, without Bill. The fact is, she didn't do any of those things without him, and she had every reason in the world to ditch him. She didn't. You can say she stood by her man. I can say she stood by her political ace in the hole. Bill Clinton was a very popular president.

  4. #204
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,693

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Only you don't have the same standard for women as you do men. You have a different standard for some women who you dislike. It's new age male chauvinism. You've demonstrated it over and over again. Regardless of the fact that Hillary Clinton has displayed in spades that she can be successful in many fields, you're still claiming she couldn't have become a senator without her husband. Nonsense. She could have. If anything, it seems as if the reason he's successful is because she was there every single step of the way.
    That is pure nonsense. Playing the gender card for Hillary is like playing the race card for Obama; simply an excuse to deny ligitimate disagrement with their extremely liberal nuge nanny state policy positions.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #205
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That is pure nonsense. Playing the gender card for Hillary is like playing the race card for Obama; simply an excuse to deny ligitimate disagrement with their extremely liberal nuge nanny state policy positions.
    Wait, you're saying that saying she's a capable person who didn't rely on other people to succeed is the "gender card"? Are you just making things up as you go now?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #206
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Oh, I'm not a Hillary fan. That's true. But that's not because she's a woman. It's not new age chauvinism or some prejudice that you'd like for it to be. I don't like her policies. I'm conservative, and she's not. It's really that simple. And yes, you can claim she may have been a senator, or whatever, without Bill. The fact is, she didn't do any of those things without him, and she had every reason in the world to ditch him. She didn't. You can say she stood by her man. I can say she stood by her political ace in the hole. Bill Clinton was a very popular president.
    She's not the only successful woman to not leave a cheating husband. If the tables weren't turned, he wouldn't be the first man to leave a cheating wife. happens every day. :Shrug:
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #207
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,693

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Wait, you're saying that saying she's a capable person who didn't rely on other people to succeed is the "gender card"? Are you just making things up as you go now?
    Obviously a great deal of Hillary's political popularity was gained by the association with her ex-president huband and their common big money connections. That does not mean that she is not capable, just that she had advantages of being in with the politcal insiders.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #208
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Obviously a great deal of Hillary's political popularity was gained by the association with her ex-president huband and their common big money connections. That does not mean that she is not capable, just that she had advantages of being in with the politcal insiders.
    No, no. You didn't answer my question. Are you saying that saying a woman is capable of succeeding without her husband is playing the "gender card"? Is that how far into the stupid we've come?

    It's simple. Read Hillary's biography. She was making money on her own and forging political connections before he even came into the picture.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #209
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    She's not the only successful woman to not leave a cheating husband. If the tables weren't turned, he wouldn't be the first man to leave a cheating wife. happens every day. :Shrug:
    Yeah. Politics at that level is really a cut throat business and I don't envy those who choose to play. Hillary may well have succeeded without Bill, but we'll never know. I look at Huma Abedin and wonder if she's really willing to endure what this has obviously cost her personally. It has to suck, as I'm certain it did for Hillary. If Hillary runs and wins, maybe it'll all be worth it for her. Wouldn't be for me, but I'm not looking for what she is. I'm quite happy where I am doing what I do. I wish Bill and Hillary well, but I probably won't be voting for them. Unless the political right runs Bob Dole again. Then all bets are off.

  10. #210
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,693

    Re: Secret Sex Tape: Monica Lewinsky Caught On Explicit Recording Telling Bill Clinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No, no. You didn't answer my question. Are you saying that saying a woman is capable of succeeding without her husband is playing the "gender card"? Is that how far into the stupid we've come?

    It's simple. Read Hillary's biography. She was making money on her own and forging political connections before he even came into the picture.
    You made the assertion that a different standard was applied to Hillary becuase of her gender, in the post to which I had orginally replied. I simply said that many say that about Obama and his race. Both gender and race are used to attempt to paint those with legitimate policy disagreements as having more devious and sinister motives.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •