Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 230

Thread: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    We've been through this plenty of times. This is nothing but your opinion and it matters ZERO towards any universal truth. Further we also know that the Bible days nothing about homosexuality and says nothing about consensual homosexual relationships. In other words, there is nothing that you say above that has any validity.
    Yes we have been through this many times, but you are wrong in that opinion. The Bible does speak out about homosexuality, very strongly in fact. As far as universal truth goes, it does exist and it is documented in the Bible as God's Word. That is fact, not opinion.

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Love it when people attack the Bible by taking things out of their literary and historical contexts.....

    This statement is classic hypocrisy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #73
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @ : Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    I tend to agree. If my God is a God who dislikes someone base on who they are attracted to, and who they love then i would not like to be in that place with a god that is supposedly "all knowing and all loving" .[/INDENT]
    Meh. To be practical, and speaking as an atheist, gay equality is a pretty crappy cause to burn in fire and raped by three penised goat-demons for all eternity.

    Sorry, everyone.

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Yes we have been through this many times, but you are wrong in that opinion. The Bible does speak out about homosexuality, very strongly in fact. As far as universal truth goes, it does exist and it is documented in the Bible as God's Word. That is fact, not opinion.
    No, you have failed each time to demonstrate that any kind of universal truth other than your OWN universal truth... which isn't universal truth, exists. Your opinion is not fact, but opinion... and THAT'S fact.

    And I have demonstrated... as have others... as do most intelligent theologians who have studied the bible that it says nothing about homosexuality and nothing about consensual homosexual relations that have nothing to do with Pagan rituals.

    So, in conclusion, you are incorrect and doing nothing but presenting an opinion as fact... which it isn't.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #75
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, you have failed each time to demonstrate that any kind of universal truth other than your OWN universal truth... which isn't universal truth, exists. Your opinion is not fact, but opinion... and THAT'S fact.

    And I have demonstrated... as have others... as do most intelligent theologians who have studied the bible that it says nothing about homosexuality and nothing about consensual homosexual relations that have nothing to do with Pagan rituals.

    So, in conclusion, you are incorrect and doing nothing but presenting an opinion as fact... which it isn't.
    For as long as internet gay marriage debates have raged I think I've seen the same two or three passages from the bible that have been interpreted to mean that homosexuality is a sin. The passages on tolerance? Those tend to get glossed over.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    For as long as internet gay marriage debates have raged I think I've seen the same two or three passages from the bible that have been interpreted to mean that homosexuality is a sin. The passages on tolerance? Those tend to get glossed over.
    I've seen them, too... so I've done some extensive studying of these passages... articles, books, documentaries. They do not mean what they have been presented to mean... not at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #77
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,548

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Murders, perhaps not, but adulterers??? I'd guess that there are MANY adulterers that go to church every week.
    You're probably right and I've seen adulterers kicked out of churches, before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,189

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Well Desmond, I remember an old billboard sign....

    "If in heaven we don't meet,
    Remember
    BURMA SHAVE
    beats the heat!"



    See, I'd put it a little differently myself... if I arrive in Heaven and discover that homosexuals are allowed in.... I'll be pleasantly surprised to have been wrong and I certainly won't demand to be sent elsewhere!

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're probably right and I've seen adulterers kicked out of churches, before.
    OK... church/temple has changed since I was little. Never saw that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,548

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, you have failed each time to demonstrate that any kind of universal truth other than your OWN universal truth... which isn't universal truth, exists. Your opinion is not fact, but opinion... and THAT'S fact.

    And I have demonstrated... as have others... as do most intelligent theologians who have studied the bible that it says nothing about homosexuality and nothing about consensual homosexual relations that have nothing to do with Pagan rituals.

    So, in conclusion, you are incorrect and doing nothing but presenting an opinion as fact... which it isn't.
    Yes, the Bible does forbid homosexuality:

    [quote]Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •