Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 230

Thread: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

  1. #121
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,531

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You are mistaken. The Bible makes it extraordinarily clear that judgement in matters of sin is reserved for god exclusively.
    No. Absolutely wrong. The Bible says no such thing.

    Matthew 7:1-5 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

    It means for example if you are an adulterer you cannot sit there and claim someone else is and not be judged for it as well. It is saying you must clear your own sin before judging someone else. This is because you will be judged accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #122
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,531

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    That is your opinion, not fact.

    BTW, if God doesn't like gays, he should not create people to be homosexual.
    It is a fact according to the Bible, end of story. You can wish it was different, but that is all it will be. It is a sin as all other sexual immorality is. Please feel free to point out where in the Bible it says sodomy or men lying with men is acceptable in the eyes of God?

    I can show you plenty that say the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-28-13 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #123
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    It is a fact according to the Bible, end of story. You can wish it was different, but that is all it will be. It is a sin as all other sexual immorality is. Please feel free to point out where in the Bible it says sodomy or men lying with men is acceptable in the eyes of God?

    I can show you plenty that say the exact opposite.



    There are no facts in the Bible. It is a work of fiction composed by men in which they express their intolerance,their misogyny, their homophobia,their violent thoughts.

    If you like reading books that are full of fear, hatred, and man's inhumanity to other men, it's a fine book for you.




    "Man has created God in his own image: Intolerant, sexist, homophobic, and violent." ~ Marie



    "All the meanness, all the revenge,All the selfishness,all the cruelty,all the infamy of which the human heart is capable, grew, blossomed, and bore fruit in this one word --Hell."~ Robert Green Ingersoll.

  4. #124
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    There are no facts in the Bible. It is a work of fiction composed by men in which they express their intolerance,their misogyny, their homophobia,their violent thoughts.

    If you like reading books that are full of fear, hatred, and man's inhumanity to other men, it's a fine book for you.




    "Man has created God in his own image: Intolerant, sexist, homophobic, and violent." ~ Marie



    "All the meanness, all the revenge,All the selfishness,all the cruelty,all the infamy of which the human heart is capable, grew, blossomed, and bore fruit in this one word --Hell."~ Robert Green Ingersoll.
    wrong....the bible speaks of many people.

    and unearth text have been found which speaks of people who lived, David, Solomon....Ramses II, and the cedars of Lebanon.

    please don't post things which are based only on what you want to believe is true.

  5. #125
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong....the bible speaks of many people.

    and unearth text have been found which speaks of people who lived, David, Solomon....Ramses II, and the cedars of Lebanon.

    please don't post things which are based only on what you want to believe is true.



    If you have any reliable proof that anything that I have posted is not correct, let's see it.

    By the way, the Bible is not a reliable source, it's a work of fiction composed by fallible men with an ax to grind.

  6. #126
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If you have any reliable proof that anything that I have posted is not correct, let's see it.

    By the way, the Bible is not a reliable source, it's a work of fiction composed by fallible men with an ax to grind.
    so your saying I have to find the text for you and show it talks about David and Solomon?

    why do I feel I would be wasting my time on your in doing that?

    could it be, you have already set your mind to what you wish to believe.....

  7. #127
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    I'm not a religious person - haven't been for a long time - part of the reason is demonstrated by the utterly disgraceful and vile comments of some posters here and distortions of church teachings by both religious elders and those who follow them.

    It's times like this that I pray (yes, I still pray) there is neither a heaven or a hell if either or both are to be populated by such. I'd much rather simply stop living and rot.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #128
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,531

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    There are no facts in the Bible. It is a work of fiction composed by men in which they express their intolerance,their misogyny, their homophobia,their violent thoughts.

    If you like reading books that are full of fear, hatred, and man's inhumanity to other men, it's a fine book for you.
    So in other words your reply has nothing to do really with the response I made and is more of an anti-Christian rant? I mean the whole basis of this thread is that Desmond TuTu is a Christian and follows Christian tenants in the Bible. Has nothing to do with God's existence or the validity of the Bible. So either you are a Christian and follow them or not.

    Now if you can offer a real on topic argument rather than a bigoted rant?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    "Man has created God in his own image: Intolerant, sexist, homophobic, and violent." ~ Marie

    "All the meanness, all the revenge,All the selfishness,all the cruelty,all the infamy of which the human heart is capable, grew, blossomed, and bore fruit in this one word --Hell."~ Robert Green Ingersoll.
    Well heck I can quote stuff...

    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C. S. Lewis

    “I am a Christian…so that I do not expect ‘history’ to be anything but a ‘long defeat’ — though it contains (and in a legend may contain more clearly and movingly) some samples or glimpses of final victory.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #129
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,531

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not a religious person - haven't been for a long time - part of the reason is demonstrated by the utterly disgraceful and vile comments of some posters here and distortions of church teachings by both religious elders and those who follow them.

    It's times like this that I pray (yes, I still pray) there is neither a heaven or a hell if either or both are to be populated by such. I'd much rather simply stop living and rot.
    Well why don't you point them out so we can address them? Or are you going to instead hide behind yet another off topic anti-Christian rant? Because so far I have seen nothing posted here that comes even close to "utterly disgraceful and vile comments."
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-28-13 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #130
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so your saying I have to find the text for you and show it talks about David and Solomon?

    why do I feel I would be wasting my time on your in doing that?

    could it be, you have already set your mind to what you wish to believe...
    ..



    And not believe.




    "Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."~ anon

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •