Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 678

Thread: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

  1. #601
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The Dumbasses wasting time and money are the ACLU retards who attended these meetings just to troll the court system with this bull****.
    So why is it "bull****" and why are members of the ACLU "retards"?


  2. #602
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    People can pray anytime they want in most situations. The members of the council can pray silently shortly before the meeting starts or can go out in the hallway or outside to pray out loud. They can also have a non-religious moment of silence ritual for people to pray or not.

    When they pray out loud as part of the official meeting it is sending message to all in attendance that the particular religion's prayer that they use is considered something of an officially privileged religion.
    Only a ****ing retard would take that "message" that you claim away from a situation where they pray.
    You'll have to do better than that to prove your point.

    That is both the intent and the effect.
    Prove it is their intent. I'll be waiting.

    It is disrespectful to everyone who is not in their particular religious sect and it should be considered unconstitutional.
    There is no constitutional right to not be offended. Suck it.

    It saddens me that so many can't understand that.
    It saddens me that so many can't understand that a simple prayer is harming nobody.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So why is it "bull****" and why are members of the ACLU "retards"?
    Because they attended meetings just to gather data to file a lawsuit and troll a rural North Carolina county.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #604
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Upholding the Constitution is "dumbasses wasting time and money"?
    Stopping someone from praying is not upholding the constitution, it's just oversensitive dumbasses who don't know the tiniest bit about american history particularly when it comes to colonialism and the reason why the founding fathers were weary about the place of any religion in the new country they were founding, they escaped "real" issues stemming from religious oppression. Someone wanting to say a prayer in a public setting or a public meeting isn't oppressive and it isn't an issue, and to go after that is just a waste of time and money.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Its always fun when people who are intentionally oppressive or disrespectful tell their victims that they have no right to feel bad about it.

  6. #606
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because they attended meetings just to gather data to file a lawsuit and troll a rural North Carolina county.
    So they are "retards: because they upheld the separation of church and state?


  7. #607
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So they are "retards: because they upheld the separation of church and state?
    "Seperation of Church and State" isn't in the constitution but, Congress shall make no law...prohibiting the free exercise therof, is.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  8. #608
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    "Seperation of Church and State" isn't in the constitution but, Congress shall make no law...prohibiting the free exercise therof, is.
    And when Jefferson wrote describing that he wrote: ""I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."


  9. #609
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    And when Jefferson wrote describing that he wrote: ""I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."
    Thomas Jefferson was one of many founding fathers stating one of many opinions on how the country should run. Many of the early "americans" were escaping oppressive religious regimes and subsequent dictates of such regimes that were oppressive resulting in highly restricted freedoms when it came to religious expression...much of the time this ended in a great deal of pain, suffering, loss of livelihood and loss of life. This was something that was very real and fresh in the minds of the early americans and early forefathers so with that very basic understanding of how religion affected the way they looked at the establishment of this new and "free" country they wanted to create something that could never take away from the rights of the individual when it came to freedom of religious expression. Seperation of Church and state even as expressed by Thomas Jefferson never meant to take away from the right of the individual to express their faith.

    So this great "example of justice and american religious freedom" is really the exact opposite, it's taking away from religious freedoms.


    Like I said before:

    "Seperation of Church and State" isn't in the constitution but, Congress shall make no law...prohibiting the free exercise therof, is.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  10. #610
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    A fail to see how "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" is not calling for a separation of church and state? And oh yea those dirty liberals are up to it again I mean i guess many conservative judges must be "lbierals" too and that dirty lib Jefferson: I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State."
    If you notice, Thomas Jefferson is quoted on every one of my posts. I don't think he's a dirty lib at all. I also don't believe the actions that could have been taken as I described would have done anything to establish a religion or prohibit the free exercise thereof. Therefore the "wall" as Jefferson described it would have still been intact ie the wall of the gov't not being permitted to establish an official religion. The wall he spoke of has had a few bricks added to it by some "lib" judges in my opinion.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •