Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 678

Thread: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

  1. #541
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I get it right from the article in the OP

    .
    I must suck at reading becauase I saw NOTHING about saying, "This is the official religion of our government" like you stated in your post that I replied to.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Our country is going to **** and people are crying about prayer.....
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH

    PEOPLE ARE PRAYING!!!!1111!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!

    THATS MY .000000001 CENT THAT WENT TOWARDS THAT TWO MINUTE PRAYER!!! I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!

    WAHHHHHHHH

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH

    PEOPLE ARE PRAYING!!!!1111!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!

    THATS MY .000000001 CENT THAT WENT TOWARDS THAT TWO MINUTE PRAYER!!! I WANT IT BACK!!!!!!

    WAHHHHHHHH

    The best part is that these aren't hourly employees - they're on salary.

    I suppose given that notion these employees must be forbidden to even go to church considering they're on the clock 24-7.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The best part is that these aren't hourly employees - they're on salary.

    I suppose given that notion these employees must be forbidden to even go to church considering they're on the clock 24-7.
    Exactly.......

    But they can't let such facts get in the way.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #545
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You don't.

    Because you live in New York, and not Rowan County North Carolina.
    It was a rhetorical question.

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Exactly.......

    But they can't let such facts get in the way.
    I'm bewildered as to why anyone even gives a **** if someone prays or not...

    Would people give a **** if a council meeting opened with humming the Super Mario Bros theme song? I think not.

    This is why I view this as an attack on Christianity .... This prayer stuff is so petty that only a hater is going to hate.

  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Whats wrong with God or prayer anyways?

    I'll say this much - there have been times in my life where I wanted to beat people into oblivion but I didn't because Jesus teaches us to love our neighbors..

    Reminding those who believe that does way more good than harm.

    Hell, I cite Jesus as a fundamental reason as to why we haven't engaged in a full blown civil war.

    Yes, atheists I do realize none of this is rational in your minds, guess what tho? everyone is not you.

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Whats wrong with God or prayer anyways?

    I'll say this much - there have been times in my life where I wanted to beat people into oblivion but I didn't because Jesus teaches us to love our neighbors..

    Reminding those who believe that does way more good than harm.

    Hell, I cite Jesus as a fundamental reason as to why we haven't engaged in a full blown civil war.

    Yes, atheists I do realize none of this is rational in your minds, guess what tho? everyone is not you.
    And on the opposite end of the spectrum, maybe some people don't want to sit there and listen to stupid prayers that mean absolutely nothing to them. Why should they have to listen to a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo when they are there for a town meeting?

  9. #549
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And on the opposite end of the spectrum, maybe some people don't want to sit there and listen to stupid prayers that mean absolutely nothing to them. Why should they have to listen to a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo when they are there for a town meeting?
    Well they don't have to sit there. It's their choice to be there.

    People shouldn't have to stop what they're doing to please one individual (if I can even call you that).

    I'm sure plenty of people didn't enjoy OWS' presence yet I'm sure you would defend their right to protest.

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Federal court halts Christian prayers at North Carolina county meetings [W:656]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well they don't have to sit there. It's their choice to be there.

    People shouldn't have to stop what they're doing to please one individual (if I can even call you that).

    I'm sure plenty of people didn't enjoy OWS' presence yet I'm sure you would defend their right to protest.
    No, because that would be putting limits on people's rights to participate in town meetings. Leave your damn prayers at home or in church. You DON'T have to pray everywhere all the time. That's just annoying as hell.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •