Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't know the details related to NY - it would be interesting to see who is eating the reduction in cost for insurance there. If the reductions are being eaten by the taxpayers of NY through insurance exchanges that artificially reduce the costs now but will eventually rise again once people buy in, that's just a fools game. If the insurance companies are eating it, I'll believe it when I see it.

    As for businesses, two facts remain - if you don't provide insurance to your employees now and you will have to under the employer mandate, you will either raise the cost of your product or reduce your employee compliment or the hours they work to ensure you're under the mandate - since business is not exactly booming and competition remains fierce, I don't see raising prices to pay for insurance as a viable option - secondly, for those who do provide insurance, mostly unionized shops, unions are finding that the companies now have the option of paying the "fine" or tax at a far lesser cost to them than actually providing the insurance - that potentially leads to the loss of employer subsidized health insurance for many and that's what unions are warning about.
    Or how about this one: More (young) customers participate in group plans which could come under employer plans or via co-opts (which the exchanges sorta mimic) thereby reducing the cost of insurance further. (If you listened to the Supreme Court arguments you know this to be true.) Add to that a younger, healthier nation over time and BAM! - you could realistically eliminate Medicare in the future. Moreover, you could possibly even eliminate Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) since most people who qualify for it automatically qualify for Medicaid. And since some state are part of the Medicaid expansion...

    Nuff Said on that front.

    Here an article from WashingtonPost.com that illustrates how the GOP continues to try to undermine ObamaCare. I found it to be an interesting read especially considering my wife and I have been echoing for a long time now what the author says is the best way to prove the ineffectiveness of ObamaCare.

    If they really believe that the Affordable Care Act will collapse on its own — that premiums will skyrocket, that people will lose what they have now, or whatever other horrors they’ve been asserting — then there’s no reason at all for any campaign to spread misinformation about the law or to encourage anyone to “skip the exchange.” Consumers would do that on their own.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  2. #42
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Or how about this one: More (young) customers participate in group plans which could come under employer plans or via co-opts (which the exchanges sorta mimic) thereby reducing the cost of insurance further. (If you listened to the Supreme Court arguments you know this to be true.) Add to that a younger, healthier nation over time and BAM! - you could realistically eliminate Medicare in the future. Moreover, you could possibly even eliminate Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) since most people who qualify for it automatically qualify for Medicaid. And since some state are part of the Medicaid expansion...

    Nuff Said on that front.

    Here an article from WashingtonPost.com that illustrates how the GOP continues to try to undermine ObamaCare. I found it to be an interesting read especially considering my wife and I have been echoing for a long time now what the author says is the best way to prove the ineffectiveness of ObamaCare.
    Fair enough, but that's all just speculation. Opinions and speculation are valuable in discussion so I've go objection to your view. We'll see how it turns out.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #43
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    In other words you support things that will accomplish nothing instead of doing serious business?
    Yes! Yes!
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  4. #44
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation



  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: [/FONT][/COLOR]Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation - The Hill's Video

    In other words more mindless, votes, more votes that have no hope of going anywhere.
    Now that the 6-foot tall piece of legislation has been passed and people read the damn thing "to see what's in side" (as if it was some sort of fortune cookie) even democrats are calling bull****.

    Obamacare is one of the most retarded and tyrannical pieces of legislation ever passed in the history of an organized society.

    I've read several parts and Obamacare pretty much overrides our Bill of Rights and constitution.

    You thought the Patriot Act was bad?? This Obamacare bull**** sounds like it came out the mouth of a totalitarian dictator.

    The ****ing thing violates the constitution left and right and goes into ideas that don't even relate to health care.

    Obamacare is so ****ing insane that I wouldn't doubt that "Blue Dogs" are questioning their affiliation with an insane political party (progressives).

  6. #46
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post

    Obamacare is one of the most retarded and tyrannical pieces of legislation ever passed in the history of an organized society.

    .
    Damn you must not know much of history then and use the term "tyrannical" very liberally.


  7. #47
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Now that the 6-foot tall piece of legislation has been passed and people read the damn thing "to see what's in side" (as if it was some sort of fortune cookie) even democrats are calling bull****.

    Obamacare is one of the most retarded and tyrannical pieces of legislation ever passed in the history of an organized society.

    I've read several parts and Obamacare pretty much overrides our Bill of Rights and constitution.

    You thought the Patriot Act was bad?? This Obamacare bull**** sounds like it came out the mouth of a totalitarian dictator.

    The ****ing thing violates the constitution left and right and goes into ideas that don't even relate to health care.

    Obamacare is so ****ing insane that I wouldn't doubt that "Blue Dogs" are questioning their affiliation with an insane political party (progressives).
    Wait, what do you perceive as being "totalitarian" about the health care bill? None of this vague "takin are freedoms" stuff. I want specifics. How, exactly, do you perceive this bill as taking away your freedom? What effect is this going to have on what sort of health care you receive?

    "Pretty much overrides out bill of rights," eh? It take away your guns? Can you not still peacefully assemble? Fair trials, due process? Troops quartered in your home? Help me out here.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #48
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: [/FONT][/COLOR]Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation - The Hill's Video

    In other words more mindless, votes, more votes that have no hope of going anywhere.
    My representative is voting to repeal this. He is doing what his constituents want. That's what he's supposed to do.

  9. #49
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Boehner promises more House votes to derail ObamaCare implementation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wait, what do you perceive as being "totalitarian" about the health care bill? None of this vague "takin are freedoms" stuff. I want specifics. How, exactly, do you perceive this bill as taking away your freedom? What effect is this going to have on what sort of health care you receive?

    "Pretty much overrides out bill of rights," eh? It take away your guns? Can you not still peacefully assemble? Fair trials, due process? Troops quartered in your home? Help me out here.
    I'll take the bait but my guess is you already know the answer, you just prefer to pretend it isn't so. Freedom of choice. Freedom of decision. Freedom of action. To list some. As the law stands now, you do what big brother forces you to do or you have to pay a special tax. With paying that special tax of course a person will partially lose freedom of investment and freedom of consumption because the government shook him/her down. All this will happen before big brother gets what it really wants, the single payer system. At that point, a person might as well go ahead and put a collar around his neck and attach a leash to the collar. Because that person is going to do what big brother wants from then on, no matter how stupid.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •