Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 148

Thread: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember .....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember .....

    A California lawmaker is calling on Golden State residents to think "think twice" before spending time and money in Florida after a jury's acquittal of neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in the killing of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

    Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena), along with the California Legislative Black Caucus, announced plans Wednesday for a resolution calling for a boycott of Florida, which Holden said has a Stand Your Ground law that encourages vigilantism.

    The calls for a Florida boycott by Holden and the Legislative Black Caucus add to a wave of anger that has grown since Zimmerman's acquittal Saturday. A day after the jury's verdict, singer Stevie Wonder told a crowd he wouldn't perform in Florida or any state with Stand Your Ground gun laws until they were repealed. Martin Luther King III suggested consumers boycott Florida orange juice.

    A petition on the progressive site MoveOn.org calls for people to refrain from traveling to Florida until Stand Your Ground is repealed.....snip~

    Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember

    So the politicians from another state are going to tell people to Boycott Florida. A vacation hot spot.....(also in competition with California over that industry). Do you think this Politician deserves to be re-elected? Shouldn't this individual be about representing the people of California? Why is she off into another states business? Why is the Black Caucus from another state allowed to interfere in another states Rights?

    Just what is the Progressive site MoveOn.org.....trying to stir up in this country? Should they be telling people around the country not to go to Florida or States with Stand your Ground Laws?

  2. #2
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A California lawmaker is calling on Golden State residents to think "think twice" before spending time and money in Florida after a jury's acquittal of neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in the killing of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

    Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena), along with the California Legislative Black Caucus, announced plans Wednesday for a resolution calling for a boycott of Florida, which Holden said has a Stand Your Ground law that encourages vigilantism.

    The calls for a Florida boycott by Holden and the Legislative Black Caucus add to a wave of anger that has grown since Zimmerman's acquittal Saturday. A day after the jury's verdict, singer Stevie Wonder told a crowd he wouldn't perform in Florida or any state with Stand Your Ground gun laws until they were repealed. Martin Luther King III suggested consumers boycott Florida orange juice.

    A petition on the progressive site MoveOn.org calls for people to refrain from traveling to Florida until Stand Your Ground is repealed.....snip~

    Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember

    So the politicians from another state are going to tell people to Boycott Florida. A vacation hot spot.....(also in competition with California over that industry). Do you think this Politician deserves to be re-elected? Shouldn't this individual be about representing the people of California? Why is she off into another states business? Why is the Black Caucus from another state allowed to interfere in another states Rights?

    Just what is the Progressive site MoveOn.org.....trying to stir up in this country? Should they be telling people around the country not to go to Florida or States with Stand your Ground Laws?
    Whores have no limits.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Whores have no limits.
    But they do have standards, unlike some politicians!
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Whores have no limits.
    Hiya Maggie. .........Yes I got that one. But what about Lindsey Lohan?

    Still.....they say MoveOn has about 10k in signatures. Which you know that will increase once Sharptones gets to make a mockery out of it all this weekend. Course we have Jesse Jackson running to the UN HRC. Not even finishing any process he is trying to get thru government. Then Holder talking about States with Stand your ground Gun Laws. So we know they will look to push their Gun Control Agenda again and again.

    But to now play on Race.....isn't Right. Nor should it be accepted.

    After hearing some of what she said on the Radio. It was clear she knew nothing about the case. Other than the verdict.

    Which not one reporter asked her.....why she wasn't doing her job and serving the people of California. See I would put her ass on the defensive Right there.....Like Johnny Quest on the Spot.

  5. #5
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Hiya Maggie. .........Yes I got that one. But what about Lindsey Lohan?

    Still.....they say MoveOn has about 10k in signatures. Which you know that will increase once Sharptones gets to make a mockery out of it all this weekend. Course we have Jesse Jackson running to the UN HRC. Not even finishing any process he is trying to get thru government. Then Holder talking about States with Stand your ground Gun Laws. So we know they will look to push their Gun Control Agenda again and again.

    But to now play on Race.....isn't Right. Nor should it be accepted.

    After hearing some of what she said on the Radio. It was clear she knew nothing about the case. Other than the verdict.

    Which not one reporter asked her.....why she wasn't doing her job and serving the people of California. See I would put her ass on the defensive Right there.....Like Johnny Quest on the Spot.
    Most people don't know anything about the case. IMO, SYG laws had absolutely nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. But it's a rallying point, so . . .

    As for boycotting Florida? People don't do that. They just don't. Florida is a tourist destination and people aren't going to change vacation plans to avoid the state. If you've ever been to Florida, I think you'll find that it's not a popular tourist destination for blacks anyway. A buncha' huffin' and puffin'.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #6
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Most people don't know anything about the case. IMO, SYG laws had absolutely nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. But it's a rallying point, so . . .
    more than a bit of irony to that one considering all 50 states have a self defense provision - the one zimmerman successfully used to become exonerated


    As for boycotting Florida? People don't do that. They just don't. Florida is a tourist destination and people aren't going to change vacation plans to avoid the state. If you've ever been to Florida, I think you'll find that it's not a popular tourist destination for blacks anyway. A buncha' huffin' and puffin'.
    the boycott of south carolina over the flying of the confederate flag has adversely affected that state's tourism. the bordering states have benefited at south carolina's expense
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Most people don't know anything about the case. IMO, SYG laws had absolutely nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. But it's a rallying point, so . . .

    As for boycotting Florida? People don't do that. They just don't. Florida is a tourist destination and people aren't going to change vacation plans to avoid the state. If you've ever been to Florida, I think you'll find that it's not a popular tourist destination for blacks anyway. A buncha' huffin' and puffin'.
    Yeah, hearing her on the radio and talking about business shouldn't be done with Florida isn't going to work either. Money talks.....BS walks. Guess MoveOn isn't to worried about their perception.....huh?

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the boycott of south carolina over the flying of the confederate flag has adversely affected that state's tourism. the bordering states have benefited at south carolina's expense
    I doubt it. I'd need to see a credible link. The government reported, in room tax alone, $44 million in 2011 and $51 million in 2012. Not a bad increase considering the economy. An Historical Perspective of Tourism Development and Trends in South Carolina
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    I have been hearing a lot about boycotts of Florida, and it puts a smile on my face that I just spent a good chunk of money there recently when we spent 3 nights at Fernandina Beach and 4 nights at St. Augustine Beach, Florida. We were actually there when the not guilty verdict happened. I look forward to our next trip to Florida too. And by the way, I also had a concealed weapon on me when we were driving or shopping (not on the beach though).

  10. #10
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Florida Boycott Resolution Proposed By Chris Holden, California Assemblymember ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I doubt it. I'd need to see a credible link. The government reported, in room tax alone, $44 million in 2011 and $51 million in 2012. Not a bad increase considering the economy. An Historical Perspective of Tourism Development and Trends in South Carolina
    i live in a major city on the states' border
    our community has seen events come here because they refused to conduct them in south carolina
    other than the demo national convention (and some would include that one), these events are those with a focus on the black community
    so, while south carolina may still see its lodging income increase, that increase is diminished by the amount the black community is spending in my state, georgia and tennessee
    and for that reason, may south carolina continue to fly the stars and bars. it is making my berg much more prosperous. again, at south carolina's expense
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •