Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111

Thread: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

  1. #71
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Who is telling you what to read or not read?
    Those people who insist on banning the magazine from sales in various stores and who insist on advertisers and sponsors of the magazine pull their support or suffer similar gang/mob protests of their products.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,989

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Those people who insist on banning the magazine from sales in various stores and who insist on advertisers and sponsors of the magazine pull their support or suffer similar gang/mob protests of their products.
    thank you for clarifying that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Glad you're finally admitting you overreacted.
    No, that would be you who is overreacting. Practically throwing a temper tantrum because some of us think it is tasteless, inappropriate and wouldn't buy it. Go buy it, by all means, knock yourself out. Who cares?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Those people who insist on banning the magazine from sales in various stores and who insist on advertisers and sponsors of the magazine pull their support or suffer similar gang/mob protests of their products.
    The world's smallest violin, and it's playing for you and the terrorist on the cover of Rolling Stone.

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Those people who insist on banning the magazine from sales in various stores and who insist on advertisers and sponsors of the magazine pull their support or suffer similar gang/mob protests of their products.
    Not selling the magazine, and pulling sponsorship, or pressuring businesses to do both, is not telling people what to read or not read. In fact, boycotts and the threat of boycotts is an american tradition. I think this is a silly one, but there is nothing wrong with it, just another extension of free speech.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, that would be you who is overreacting. Practically throwing a temper tantrum because some of us think it is tasteless, inappropriate and wouldn't buy it. Go buy it, by all means, knock yourself out. Who cares?
    Apparently, you do. Whether or not someone buys the magazine is immaterial to me. The issue for me is the fanatical need of some to beat down Rolling Stone with the heavy mallot of censorship. It's almost like I'm on a website originating in China or North Korea.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Apparently, you do. Whether or not someone buys the magazine is immaterial to me. The issue for me is the fanatical need of some to beat down Rolling Stone with the heavy mallot of censorship. It's almost like I'm on a website originating in China or North Korea.
    Look buddy, I don't care if you buy the stupid magazine. Go ahead if that's what rocks your boat. I'm just here stating my opinion like everyone else. I think it's inappropriate. If you don't like that, too bad.

  8. #78
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The world's smallest violin, and it's playing for you and the terrorist on the cover of Rolling Stone.
    Yawn - you lost an argument and out comes the need to belittle the other person - sad. I continue to respect you, and your opinion, even though I strongly disagree with it.

    Take care and have a good day.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #79
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not selling the magazine, and pulling sponsorship, or pressuring businesses to do both, is not telling people what to read or not read. In fact, boycotts and the threat of boycotts is an american tradition. I think this is a silly one, but there is nothing wrong with it, just another extension of free speech.
    Free speech that attempts to take away the free speech of others is dangerous, in my view, and it is driven by the mob mentality swirling around social media.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Rolling Stones and the Boston Bomber cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Apparently, you do. Whether or not someone buys the magazine is immaterial to me. The issue for me is the fanatical need of some to beat down Rolling Stone with the heavy mallot of censorship. It's almost like I'm on a website originating in China or North Korea.
    That's up to the sponsors. I don't even buy this magazine or read it. I'm simply stating that they could have come up with a better main topic than some confused little boy terrorist, who may incite other confused little boy terrorists to copy cat his crimes.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •