Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    NSA-leaker Edward Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets such opportunity, but for now the situation is unclear, says Russian President Vladimir Putin - READ MOREPutin: Snowden will leave Russia at earliest opportunity ? RT News
    Video @: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity - YouTube

    Putin says that as soon as Snowden gets a chance to leave Russia he will leave. Russia seems not be interested in granting him asylum. Russia migration officials arent commenting anymore on this matter.


  2. #2
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    me thinks it funny is that the administration is so powerless overseas that the best they can do is double-dog dare him to turn himself in.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    me thinks it funny is that the administration is so powerless overseas that the best they can do is double-dog dare him to turn himself in.
    It is funny that one of our biggest opponents in the last century is not under our control and does not feel like helping us out? How is that actually funny considering we still pretty much thumb our nose at russia every chance we get? If we were buddy buddy with russia wouldn't that mean we would hear how Obama is actually a secret communist? But no, let us pretend like we will risk nuclear war with russia over snowden and perhaps they will succumb to what is hopefully and obviously a bluff.

    There are a lot of criticisms of Obama, like why he continued to go along with bush era crazy and to take it to his own level of fascist dictator rather than just doing the right thing and shutting those operations down like he claimed he would do when he was running. But criticizing him because russia won't let us march in and take someone on their soil, or work for our government and take him themselves like our puppets, is pretty damned short sighted and silly. There was zero chance of that happening, and perhaps you are expecting way too much. We all pretty much know the composite nature of obama's backbone is somewhere between warm jello and watery pudding.

  4. #4
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    me thinks it funny is that the administration is so powerless overseas that the best they can do is double-dog dare him to turn himself in.
    Or that's just what they want you to think. Do you honestly believe that they couldn't have done something about it if they really wanted to? They could easily kill him, or detain him, which they would do if he was the threat he was being made out to be. The fact of the matter is that the information on the NSA he leaked has been obvious as hell since 2006, when they got busted working with AT&T to data-mine phone records. Congress gave them a free pass, and the Supreme Court looked the other way. Of course they kept doing it. Nothing new or shocking was revealed at all.

    I believe this entire Snowden thing is a huge scam. Nobody in their right mind would create a huge media circus to track their every move if they were in legitimate fear for their life and freedom, and wanted to disappear. That would be stupid.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It is funny that one of our biggest opponents in the last century is not under our control and does not feel like helping us out? How is that actually funny considering we still pretty much thumb our nose at russia every chance we get? If we were buddy buddy with russia wouldn't that mean we would hear how Obama is actually a secret communist? But no, let us pretend like we will risk nuclear war with russia over snowden and perhaps they will succumb to what is hopefully and obviously a bluff.

    There are a lot of criticisms of Obama, like why he continued to go along with bush era crazy and to take it to his own level of fascist dictator rather than just doing the right thing and shutting those operations down like he claimed he would do when he was running. But criticizing him because russia won't let us march in and take someone on their soil, or work for our government and take him themselves like our puppets, is pretty damned short sighted and silly. There was zero chance of that happening, and perhaps you are expecting way too much. We all pretty much know the composite nature of obama's backbone is somewhere between warm jello and watery pudding.
    Before he was in Russia he was in China and they wouldn't even arrest him. And what is pathetic isn't that we don't invade Russia, it is that this administration is so petty that somebody is always going out in front of the media with 4th grade schoolyard taunts like if Snowden weren't a coward he would come back to the US and turn himself in. Quite frankly, I would rather they say nothing than engage in such childish baiting. It makes the US look even more marginalized in the world than it already is.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Or that's just what they want you to think. Do you honestly believe that they couldn't have done something about it if they really wanted to? They could easily kill him, or detain him, which they would do if he was the threat he was being made out to be. The fact of the matter is that the information on the NSA he leaked has been obvious as hell since 2006, when they got busted working with AT&T to data-mine phone records. Congress gave them a free pass, and the Supreme Court looked the other way. Of course they kept doing it. Nothing new or shocking was revealed at all.

    I believe this entire Snowden thing is a huge scam. Nobody in their right mind would create a huge media circus to track their every move if they were in legitimate fear for their life and freedom, and wanted to disappear. That would be stupid.
    It took Obama a month of Sundays to actually move on Bin Laden. I really do not believe that they are going to assassinate a US citizen in the middle of Moscow's airport--not a lily white computer geek from the suburbs who so far as we know has not leaked anything other than confirming the existence of a program pretty much any freaking body with an ounce of common sense would know already existed. All he did was give the name of the program away.

  7. #7
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It took Obama a month of Sundays to actually move on Bin Laden. I really do not believe that they are going to assassinate a US citizen in the middle of Moscow's airport--not a lily white computer geek from the suburbs who so far as we know has not leaked anything other than confirming the existence of a program pretty much any freaking body with an ounce of common sense would know already existed. All he did was give the name of the program away.
    That "lily white computer geek" is former military, and former CIA. He might look like a bitch, but that's just another deception. If they really wanted to put his ass on ice, they would have got him in Hong Kong, where he stated in his interview with the Gaurdian that "We've got a CIA station just up the road and the consulate here in Hong Kong and I'm sure they're going to be very busy for the next week. And that's a fear I'll live under for the rest of my life, however long that happens to be."

    Telling the world where he is, and where he plans to go is very a piss poor plan for someone running from an organization like the CIA. Especially a high risk target like himself, where it would more beneficial to just kill him. I'm calling bull**** on this entire ordeal.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #8
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,965

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    I thought Venezuela was going to grant him asylum?

    This guy is a national hero and a patriot, and it just goes to show how ****ed up our government has become that they want to burn him at the stake.

  9. #9
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    Telling everyone where he is would bring considerably more attention to him mysteriously disappearing or being killed in an "accident".

  10. #10
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Putin: Snowden will leave Russia as soon as he gets opportunity

    24 days and counting....
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •