Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 451 to 457 of 457

Thread: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

  1. #451
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    With every post you show your true colours - have fun in that imaginary world.
    I don't really approve of fun.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to marry gays

    Speaking of ****ting all over religious freedom ... I thought the GOP was all about that, guess not when it comes to gays.



    Granted, not the most unbiased source in the world. However, don't you think that a religion should be free to perform a religious ceremony?
    The story is obviously fictitious or complete spin.

    That is a clear and bold First Amendment violation. No assembly would ever consider such an idea.

    Of course progressives will believe this bull**** propaganda all day because their media outlets brainwash them with lies like this every ****ing day.

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Probably because I'm far too merciful to appeal to simple logic. You see, logic quickly informs us that homosexuality itself adds nothing of value to any society, but it does add numerous social and health issues, and so ought to be treated as a disease and controllable public burden, if we were to be "logical."
    And that is where you are wrong, if one were to "logically" look at it homosexuality adds value to society in that it limits overgrowth of population on this planet. Clearly we cannot keep populating the planet at the rate we are and expect it to sustain itself indefinitely. Therefore it acts as a population control.

    As for gays adopting, if you don't like that tell straight people to quit having babies they don't want.

  4. #454
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFW View Post
    Just a small leap for somebody else to say 'My cow told me she wanted this'. Really, if you can change this law you can change most any law.
    Why, if you make free speech legal, you could make murder legal! Those are totally comparable things!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #455
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The story is obviously fictitious or complete spin.

    That is a clear and bold First Amendment violation. No assembly would ever consider such an idea.

    Of course progressives will believe this bull**** propaganda all day because their media outlets brainwash them with lies like this every ****ing day.

    and you rather obviously haven't bothered to read thru the thread during which I posted the links to the statute and related legal definitions. Take off the Googles of Truth(tm) and look around you at the real world.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  6. #456
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And that is where you are wrong, if one were to "logically" look at it homosexuality adds value to society in that it limits overgrowth of population on this planet. Clearly we cannot keep populating the planet at the rate we are and expect it to sustain itself indefinitely. Therefore it acts as a population control.

    ...
    Ah! then logically, especially in purely mechanistic view of Reality lacking absolute morality, removing the homosexuals themselves would improve the overpopulation problem as well as the other public health issues that such behavior tends to create.

    Again, there can probably be no more monstrous human society than one guided by logic alone. Once someone in power justifies massive social changes almost exclusively with logic, the death camps are not far behind.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 07-24-13 at 12:03 AM.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Ah! then logically, especially in purely mechanistic view of Reality lacking absolute morality, removing the homosexuals themselves would improve the overpopulation problem as well as the other public health issues that such behavior tends to create.

    Again, there can probably be no more monstrous human society than one guided by logic alone. Once someone in power justifies massive social changes almost exclusively with logic, the death camps are not far behind.
    Why would you remove homosexuals to solve the overpopulation problem, when heterosexuals are causing it. Therefore, I think you should volunteer yourself and other conservative heterosexuals to "fall on your sword" and remove yourself from the human equation. A simple modification to your solution and you solve some good issues. Go for it.

    Either way, saying homosexuals don't serve a purpose is ludicrous, arrogant, and shows how much of an ass some conservatives can really be.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •