Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 457

Thread: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

  1. #261
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    And what passage calls it an abomination? Leviticus. Your dishonesty is unbelievable but at the same time expected.
    Deuteronomy does as well
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #262
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Deuteronomy does as well
    Then I can use your argument and say "look to the new testament." Your hypocrisy still applies.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  3. #263
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Can you get them to stop? BTW, I just read your post on the gay pride parade, etc. ... What the hell is wrong with you, or are you just playing?
    If we're going to speculate on what Jesus would have done at a gay pride parade we can just say whatever we want. That's what happens anyway.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #264
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Then I can use your argument and say "look to the new testament." Your hypocrisy still applies.
    Except it doesn't apply to the way you were trying to make it apply. Certain laws were fulfilled in the new testament, others were not.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #265
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Except it doesn't apply to the way you were trying to make it apply. Certain laws were fulfilled in the new testament, others were not.
    Your picking and choosing of those laws to suit your biased view is hypocrisy.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  6. #266
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Your picking and choosing of those laws to suit your biased view is hypocrisy.
    No actually, I'm not.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #267
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    So they have "Gay PRIDE" parades but they say it's a curse? I'd like to see your evidence for this. Homosexuality is an evolutionary benefit. Are you sure you aren't confusing your wishful thinking and the real world?
    The evolutionary benefit of homosexuals not passing on their genes to future generations, huh? I suppose if you want to go there, you can go there. But otherwise, there is no evolutionary befit. Someone should take you aside and tell you how evolution works.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If we're going to speculate on what Jesus would have done at a gay pride parade we can just say whatever we want. That's what happens anyway.
    that's easy ... in catechism I was taught that he loved all of his children, so he would've been fine with his children and probably would've punished homophobes like you ... remember who wrote the Bible ... it was some guys claiming to know what God thought and otherwise expressing their views about things that reflected the norms of the time, not God ...

  9. #269
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No actually, I'm not.
    Yes you are. Which is why you have only empty assertions
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The evolutionary benefit of homosexuals not passing on their genes to future generations, huh? I suppose if you want to go there, you can go there. But otherwise, there is no evolutionary befit. Someone should take you aside and tell you how evolution works.
    maybe a creationist can take the poster aside for the lesson ...

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •