Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 457

Thread: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

  1. #211
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Except that never happend.
    I'm not sure I understand your statement. What does "that" refer to?

    Let's see if I understand your position. You can correct me if I'm wrong:

    People who are gay are sinners because of being gay.
    Christ condemned homosexuality as being a sin.
    Even if the homosexual doesn't act on his attraction, he is still sinning by being gay.


    Correct, or not?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #212
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your statement. What does "that" refer to?

    Let's see if I understand your position. You can correct me if I'm wrong:

    People who are gay are sinners because of being gay.
    Christ condemned homosexuality as being a sin.
    Even if the homosexual doesn't act on his attraction, he is still sinning by being gay.


    Correct, or not?
    That is correct, we all have a sin nature. Homosexuality is sin. You are correct. Wasn't what you said before, but you are correct in that statement. No more than I am a sinner from birth. The difference is Christ and calling him Lord. A homosexual can do that and turn from their ways.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #213
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Christ condemned homosexuality as being a sin.
    Really, can you provide His words that "condemned homosexuality as being a sin"??


    Not the words of that guy named Paul who changed the faith that Jesus taught into one which was more acceptable to the majority in the Roman Empire of the First Century.


    None of the debate in recent pages has been on topic. Why do so many on the right, not all but many, support an oppressive government action which rather blatantly violates the First Amendment? I thought you guys were almost always against "oppressive government actions"
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #214
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,821

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Never claimed they were.
    Yet you keep talking about the sex. Nothing but gay sex and how terrible gay sex is. (and that, by the way, is what the OT specifically condemns) Guess what? Gay people can and do have sex. It's already legal. That fight is over, SCOTUS decided it. (and that's also when Scalia lost his freaking mind on the whole gay thing)

    We're talking about a marriage contract, not sex. Can you think of a compelling reason that the state should have an interest in barring two dudes from signing a contract? Something other than the fact that you personally disapprove? Because I personally disapprove of a lot of things that are legal, it's not a good enough reason to make them illegal.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Doesn't mean there was not an uprising about it.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #215
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,821

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That is correct, we all have a sin nature. Homosexuality is sin. You are correct. Wasn't what you said before, but you are correct in that statement. No more than I am a sinner from birth. The difference is Christ and calling him Lord. A homosexual can do that and turn from their ways.
    Why is any of this relevant to the US government and a legal contract?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #216
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yet you keep talking about the sex. Nothing but gay sex and how terrible gay sex is. (and that, by the way, is what the OT specifically condemns) Guess what? Gay people can and do have sex. It's already legal. That fight is over, SCOTUS decided it. (and that's also when Scalia lost his freaking mind on the whole gay thing)

    We're talking about a marriage contract, not sex. Can you think of a compelling reason that the state should have an interest in barring two dudes from signing a contract? Something other than the fact that you personally disapprove? Because I personally disapprove of a lot of things that are legal, it's not a good enough reason to make them illegal.



    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    So should all states make incest legal too? Why should family members not enter into a contract? Your argument isn't logical.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #217
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Didn't know I actually said that Jesus himself recorded the words......Do try to stick to my actual comments and not your made up versions of them.
    Then maybe you should try writing using proper grammar so that people can tell what exactly you are talking about.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #218
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Then maybe you should try writing using proper grammar so that people can tell what exactly you are talking about.
    Could you show me which post you are referring to?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #219
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That is correct, we all have a sin nature. Homosexuality is sin. You are correct. Wasn't what you said before, but you are correct in that statement. No more than I am a sinner from birth. The difference is Christ and calling him Lord. A homosexual can do that and turn from their ways.
    Does that mean you think a homosexual can become hetero by accepting Christ?
    That must be the basis for your belief that Christ considered homosexuality a sin, as there are no statements attributed to Him that say so.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #220
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Does that mean you think a homosexual can become hetero by accepting Christ?
    That must be the basis for your belief that Christ considered homosexuality a sin, as there are no statements attributed to Him that say so.
    Yes, I believe Christ can change our hearts and minds. However, Christ considered homosexuality a sin because he is in line with Scripture.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •