Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 181

Thread: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

  1. #111
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    384

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Didn't we do that in the mid-80's as well?
    Did the bill in the mid 80s include over $40 billion to upgrade border security and a 13 year pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants?

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Anything to see that asshole Harry Reid gone.
    To be replaced by an even bigger asshole who looks like Yertl the turtle. I can't wait.


  3. #113
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    To be replaced by an even bigger asshole who looks like Yertl the turtle. I can't wait.

    It would be an upgrade of epic proportions.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  4. #114
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Please name ONE jobs related bill that has been held up in the Senate. Just one JOBS Bill as you say. All I've seen or heard coming from the House are abortion restriction bills and revoke RomneyCare bills.
    You missed it in posts 22 and 29.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  5. #115
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    consider the data from this link

    SNAP Monthly Data

    consider how 20 billion in cuts will affect a program which currently has to serve 40 million people.

    it is no big surprise why the number skyrocketed around 2008, given the financial crash that year.
    Actually its currently 80 million people. And yes I do, its 25$ if its all taken on the backs of the people recieving benefits.

  6. #116
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill - Ginger Gibson - POLITICO.com

    And we are back to the Republican house holding everything up again. Back to the good ol do nothing congress.. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    If you are against illegal immigration then this is a great thing.earn citizenship,legalization, dream acts and other paper coated terms for amnesty only encourage illegal immigration.It amounts to putting up a free beer sign outside a bar and then wondering why you can get rid of all the bums.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,010

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Please name ONE jobs related bill that has been held up in the Senate. Just one JOBS Bill as you say. All I've seen or heard coming from the House are abortion restriction bills and revoke RomneyCare bills.
    The 2014 budget, the 2013 budget, the 2012 budget to name a few. Keystone Pipeline bill (stalled in Senate), Improving Job Opportunities for Veterans Act of 2013 (stalled in senate) SEC Regulatory Accountability Act, Preventing Greater Uncertainty in Labor-Management Relations Act, SKILLS Act.

    And thats just the last 6 months, bills that have passed in the House, and stalled in the Senate. We can go back 6 years to find plenty more.

  8. #118
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I wonder how many of "The American People" even know what's in the bill?

    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...-113s744es.pdf
    I would think quite a few have a good sense of it.
    It's extraordinarily complex because of the complexity of the system.

    But I love you're insinuation that the house leader can refuse to let the majority rule because one party will protect the American people because they 'know better'.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #119
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    “It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.” ― Calvin Coolidge.

  10. #120
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: John Boehner: No House vote on Senate immigration bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I would think quite a few have a good sense of it.
    It's extraordinarily complex because of the complexity of the system.

    But I love you're insinuation that the house leader can refuse to let the majority rule because one party will protect the American people because they 'know better'.

    Seems to me the House leader is letting the majority rule. I love the insinuation that the House Speaker has done something wrong.

    Best to brush up on your civics lessons.

    By the way, any problem with the Senate Majority leader sitting on legislation passed by the majority in the House?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •