Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

  1. #41
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by mtguy8787 View Post
    Judge Finds Cop Not Guilty of Assault after Refusing to Watch Video of Assault - | Intellihub.com

    Watch the video, and see what Roorda and the cop say about the suspect's behavior.

    All 3 -- the judge, the cop, and Roorda, should be made an example of.
    You take whatever shot/hit before, the cuffs go on

    Once *said suspect* is cuffed, you back off

    Period

  2. #42
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    No, I'm not kidding. It's right there in black and white, he did something stupid and got punished for it. At the end of the day, all he did was punch someone in the face. I've done the same, and all I got was a night in jail. Same for a lot of people and it's "lol, he mad". A cop does it and you people break out the pitchforks and torches looking for a new witch to burn.
    Cops should be held to higher standards. If they break the law they should be punished HARDER than the average person as they are in a position of authority over common people.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #43
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Because of the nature of what they do, cops need to be held to a looser standard when it comes to assault. They potentially have to subdue or kill other human beings for our safety and their own, and ought to be given broad latitude to determine what is or is not a threat.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  4. #44
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Because of the nature of what they do, cops need to be held to a looser standard when it comes to assault. They potentially have to subdue or kill other human beings for our safety and their own, and ought to be given broad latitude to determine what is or is not a threat.
    What the... Thats like saying a martial artist that knows 500 ways to kill people shouldnt be held as liable for gouging someone's eyes out, crushing their windpipe, and breaking every major combat bone in their body before hitting the ground because they got bitchslapped in a fight.

    More cops need to be hired on MORAL values and less "papersmarts" (generating money for the city also). And always be on camera. And held to higher standards.

    To me this is all that makes sense because if I was a cop I would have NO problem wearing a visor that constantly recorded my every action. Let the people who are good with writing crap watch that stuff and write crap. Keep good cops on the streets.

    A person of authority affects more than most individuals all around. They need to be held to higher standards because more are affected and not simply themselves. They need to be better refined if you will. When a person who guards the popluace begins to put 3 eggs in 5 baskets, or eggs in their own baskets, or crush other peoples eggs they need to be stopped as immediatly as possible.

    I personally think that cops should have 1 strike for major issues. If a felon gets 3 strikes (a bad person) why would a good person get the same?

    If you had kids. And one always broke the rules and lied and another always told the truth but got caught in a lie would you always believe the good child afterwards? Or would you go, "Eh, that's just the way it works" and punish the bad child at the good child's every word?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #45
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Because of the nature of what they do, cops need to be held to a looser standard when it comes to assault. They potentially have to subdue or kill other human beings for our safety and their own, and ought to be given broad latitude to determine what is or is not a threat.
    Worse than a criminal...a criminal cop with a badge

  6. #46
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,027

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by mtguy8787 View Post
    Judge Finds Cop Not Guilty of Assault after Refusing to Watch Video of Assault - | Intellihub.com

    Watch the video, and see what Roorda and the cop say about the suspect's behavior.

    All 3 -- the judge, the cop, and Roorda, should be made an example of.
    Wow, what an insane judge. The man should be fired from his job for failing to do his job. What's next? The judge in the Aaron Hernandez case refusing to admit the video from his home security system because "it was there to protect him from others but not to be used to sentence him in a murder case".
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post

    More cops need to be hired on MORAL values and less "papersmarts" (generating money for the city also). And always be on camera. And held to higher standards.
    A rational level headed cop who is focused on the legal case and unconcerned with morals may be a better choice. I only say this because overly moral people often get very angry at things like others violating their moral values. That anger may result in retalitory strikes like the one we saw. From the cops i have met i have learned that you have to let the morality of the situation go to some extent because you really end up seeing the worst parts of society day in and day out. I could imagine for a person who is overly focused on morals the desire to punish someone a little extra especially when you take into account the reality that lots of guilty people will get off would make you increadibly angry and perhaps willing to violate your own ethics to "make a difference." A rational ethical bent may be better than a moral person.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Wow, what an insane judge. The man should be fired from his job for failing to do his job. What's next? The judge in the Aaron Hernandez case refusing to admit the video from his home security system because "it was there to protect him from others but not to be used to sentence him in a murder case".
    That is not why legally, that is the interpretation of the poorly written article on why this happened. It would seem the real reason for dropping this was there was no witness to the crime since the victim claimed the fifth and the partner was not willing to interpret things as an assault. Basically it left no one to charge the crime, and the judge could not view the tape and reverse their decision while maintaining the integrity of the case. I am not saying you are wrong to be bothered, and certainly the cop is a dick who doesn't belong on the force, but the law does have limits for a reason, and that reason is your rights so do not be too quick to get rid of them.

  9. #49
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Judge refuses to watch police brutality video, lets cop off

    The Judge is obviously more afraid of what the Cops might do to him, than what the perp is capable of doing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •