Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 236

Thread: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

  1. #11
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Sexual orientation is not a moral issue. Discrimination is.
    They are both moral issues. The Constitution is there to protect rights, not as an arbiter of morality.

    Lawyers have become 21st century priests and the Constitution the Bible for morally insipid people.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  2. #12
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38į28′ West 121į26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Morality is relative. You don't seem to understand this, Bob. I guess I'll just have to keep reminding you.
    Repeating the lie over and over again will never make it true.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. ē ďSocial justiceĒ through forced redistribution of wealth. ē Silencing religious opinions counts as ďdiversityĒ. ē Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. ē Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Repeating the lie over and over again will never make it true.
    Then stop saying it, so I don't have to keep correcting you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    The statement that all morality is relative is in itself an absolute statement and self defeating.

    I think laws are created largely based on societal morals, but there exists an absolute moral code as given by God that governs all people whether they accept it or not. The fact of the matter is that everyone dies and gets judged by God according to His standards, not ours.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The statement that all morality is relative is in itself an absolute statement and self defeating.
    The statement that all morality is relative transcends the issue and is accurate. It's an accurate paradox like saying the only constant is change.

    I think laws are created largely based on societal morals, but there exists an absolute moral code as given by God that governs all people whether they accept it or not. The fact of the matter is that everyone dies and gets judged by God according to His standards, not ours.
    YOU think. That makes it relative. Laws are created based on morals, but one can both have different morals but choose to follow the laws, or have different morals, NOT follow the laws and get consequences. Neither of these examples require acceptance of any moral code, though the first requires the desire to not receive consequences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The statement that all morality is relative transcends the issue and is accurate. It's an accurate paradox like saying the only constant is change.
    I disagree. When it comes to moral codes the belief that all morality is relative is itself a relative belief professing an absolute moral.

    YOU think. That makes it relative. Laws are created based on morals, but one can both have different morals but choose to follow the laws, or have different morals, NOT follow the laws and get consequences. Neither of these examples require acceptance of any moral code, though the first requires the desire to not receive consequences.
    No, I accept that because it is fact. I think that gravity exists, someone else may disagree but in the end it is absolute fact that gravity exists, it's not relative. I believe it because it is true, I accept it because it is fact. Regardless of what people believe they will be judged by God according to His standards, what they believe about it is irrelevant. There is an absolute moral code, but laws and society may chose to adopt a relative moral system where what is acceptable by human standards deviates. However, God's standards do not and they remain the highest and ruling moral code.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I disagree. When it comes to moral codes the belief that all morality is relative is itself a relative belief professing an absolute moral.
    No it's not. It's rejecting the entire concept of of any universal morality. It's absence of belief, similar to atheism. Atheism isn't the non-belief of God, it's the absence of belief.

    No, I accept that because it is fact.
    It's not a fact. It's your moral position which is relative.

    I think that gravity exists, someone else may disagree but in the end it is absolute fact that gravity exists, it's not relative. I believe it because it is true, I accept it because it is fact.
    Gravity is a scientific concept that can be measured in a constant fashion. Morality is not science and it's measurement is relative to the individual. You are comparing apples and airplanes.

    Regardless of what people believe they will be judged by God according to His standards, what they believe about it is irrelevant.
    And this includes you since your concept of God is part of your personal moral code and is irrelevant to anyone else.

    There is an absolute moral code, but laws and society may chose to adopt a relative moral system where what is acceptable by human standards deviates.
    There is no absolute moral code. Morals are individual-specific. This is evidenced by the different morals between different persons. You have no evidence of any universality.

    However, God's standards do not and they remain the highest and ruling moral code.
    To you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #18
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Nothing new or surprising about the claim that standing up for basic morality and decency makes one a ďhate groupĒ. That's how far our society has degraded.
    I am sorry, but in the past basic morality and decency had no problem with racist views, had no problem with slavery, had no problem with lynching innocent black people, had no problem with putting burning crosses in the homes of people, etc. etc. etc.

    Basic morality is often a nice word for conservatives who have an issue with the progressing time and reality. Conservatives who would like it to force their points of view on a society that is passing them bye with the passing of each day.

    For some time now the pro-gay wedding people have been polling well ahead of the anti-gay wedding people.

    And the other issue is that while people who are standing up for "their views of basic morality and decency" are people who are out of touch somewhat, this does not make them hate-groups, it makes them conservatives.

    What makes these "basic morality and decency conservatives" into hate groups is that they do not decently stand up for their basic morality but that they use hateful remarks and points of view that make them hate groups. They start becoming hate groups when they want to force their basic morality upon the entire nation and forbid any other points of view that are not part of their "basic morality".
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  9. #19
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post

    Ohhh silly hate groups.. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    You need to stop doing this.

  10. #20
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I just think it's funny that they (those that fling the anti-SSM people are bigoted homophobes and equal to racists in the 60's) push a meme of "love, tolerance, and freedom" yet are intolerant of other views, have hatred for those that hold those views, are quick to judge and slander everyone that disagrees with a bigoted attitude, and deny them the freedom to vote and have their voice heard on issues. That's what happens when people grow so delusional and self righteous in their thinking. They need to believe that the other side is evil, that they themselves are morally superior, and degrade the position of others that disagree with them.

    And as previously clarified, this only applies to those that judge anti-SSM individuals and hurl around the insults, not everyone that supports SSM (as I myself do).
    Sorry...but tolerance does not require embracing the intolerant. Bigots ARE bigots. The bigots of the 60's felt that they were morally justified in their views the same way that the bigots of the 2013 think that they are. Bigotry couched in religion is still bigotry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •