Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 236

Thread: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

  1. #171
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I'll say this again. Marriage rights are not on the same level as civil rights. You can call it oppression or you can call it discrimination and if packaged and presented in the right way both terms are applicable. But what you can't do is to claim that the two movements are anywhere near the same in terms of the hardship endured or the historical significance that each represent.

    People are actually "going there" and it's a freaking joke.
    According to Loving and Turner and Safley, they are.

    They are very similar movements, particularly when talking about marriage within both. Marriage restrictions must be supported by a state interest being furthered by those restrictions, not simply because some people don't approve of that particularly combination of couples.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    This may be the most dangerously uninformed, bigoted, and blindly partisan post I have ever read.

    Homosexuality is not a "disease". People who think this way are the same people who gave rise to eugenics. That one really worked out well, didn't it.
    Actually eugenics works very well in nature. The biggest problem with it as practiced so far is the criteria that was used. While Hitler was wrong about the Jews, Gypsies, etc, he was very much correct about communist/socialist. If we used natural factors, not political ones, then it would probably show much better results.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #173
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    And it would be moral.
    No, it would be legal. Legal and moral are two different things.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #174
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Why are some people left-handed? Why are some conservative and some liberal? Why are there people that can write with both hands? None of those things are diseases. .
    I've seen some here say that liberalism is a disease....why not conservatism?

    Both of my children are left handed (though my daughter is sometimes closer to ambidextrous). According to their Russian medical records, this was because of a "birth injury," not just that some people are lefties. This was in the 2000's!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #175
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Fortunately, as our society has become more enlightened and mature, no one takes these kinds of thoughts seriously.
    You mean as society loses morality.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #176
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Actually eugenics works very well in nature. The biggest problem with it as practiced so far is the criteria that was used. While Hitler was wrong about the Jews, Gypsies, etc, he was very much correct about communist/socialist. If we used natural factors, not political ones, then it would probably show much better results.
    No, the biggest problem with it is that it is a completely ****ed up concept right out of the blocks. The core of it centers around the belief that a handful of people know better than thousands of years of natural selection. If you are a believer, this translates to a handful of people know better than God.

    It may be the most narcissistic pursuit ever undertaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    No, the biggest problem with it is that it is a completely ****ed up concept right out of the blocks. The core of it centers around the belief that a handful of people know better than thousands of years of natural selection. If you are a believer, this translates to a handful of people know better than God.

    It may be the most narcissistic pursuit ever undertaken.
    I fully support and believe in Natural Selection. Unfortunately, we have not had time to evolve a solution to socialism/leftism. Let alone, they would surely fail and fall by the evolutionary wayside. However, because they are integrated and interfering in other societies, they will destroy all instead of only themselves.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #178
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You mean as society loses morality.
    Morals are not "lost", only changed. Morality is subjective. Every person on this planet has morals. It is just that most do not have the same morals as you.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #179
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I fully support and believe in Natural Selection. Unfortunately, we have not had time to evolve a solution to socialism/leftism. Let alone, they would surely fail and fall by the evolutionary wayside. However, because they are integrated and interfering in other societies, they will destroy all instead of only themselves.
    Maybe we should just round up everyone that votes for Democrats and have them lobotomized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  10. #180
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: NOMís July 4th message: Are you LGBT or are you American? [W:45]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Morals are not "lost", only changed. Morality is subjective. Every person on this planet has morals. It is just that most do not have the same morals as you.
    The subjection of morality is an opinion. There are a firmly coded set of morals that humanity is starting to neglect as a while as we brainwash ourselves to belive that things are not wrong.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •