Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

  1. #81
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Actually, Lois apologized for any IRS wrong doing clear back in May, which suggests there was wrong doing or she wouldn't have apologized. Unlike her ex bosses, Lois refuses to resign and took the fifth back in June. Now here it is July and she wants immunity if she testifies. So you see, it wasn't all of a sudden.
    She invoked the fifth in May...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Tyranny is tyranny.
    here is a link to a book covering the holocaust that i considered the best i ever read.

    Hitler's Death Camps: The Sanity of Madness: Konnilyn G. Feig: 9780841906761: Amazon.com: Books

    i suggest you read it before comparing anything to the holocaust.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    here is a link to a book covering the holocaust that i considered the best i ever read.

    Hitler's Death Camps: The Sanity of Madness: Konnilyn G. Feig: 9780841906761: Amazon.com: Books

    i suggest you read it before comparing anything to the holocaust.
    I forgot more about the holocaust than you'll ever know. I suggest that you read "Rise and Fall of The Third Reich" and see the historical paralells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    She invoked the fifth in May...
    Oopsie, you're right. Geez, June sure went by fast.

  5. #85
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Oopsie, you're right. Geez, June sure went by fast.
    No problem, but you can see why there might be some concern...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I forgot more about the holocaust than you'll ever know. I suggest that you read "Rise and Fall of The Third Reich" and see the historical paralells.
    the holocaust is something that required the cooperation of multiple factions. the Nazis collaborated with big business, its conquered territory, and of course its willing citizens who saw what was happening.

    and of course the holocaust happened with the allied and nuetral nations acted with complete indifference to the slaughter. we did nothing to stop the slaughter, we were too focused on the war againist the axis, just like the nazis were more obsessed by the war against the Jews to win the actual second world war.

    name one program that this administration created that matchs the cruelty and calculated savagery that the holocaust exibited

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Just don't talk about right wingers, because then your not interested in playing anymore. I'm not interested in playing your Bull**** games. Get real or get lost.
    What Right Wingers? You mean The Founding Fathers who stood for Constitutional Liberty? Those Right Wingers?

    I'm afraid Godwin's law does apply. You don't get to define the rules and make the rest of us play along. I know that's a favorite righty trick, but that don't fly here. If you think this compares to the holocaust, you have absolutely no perspective. Which is what I have come to expect from the right.
    Godwin's Law does not apply. The IRS DID act like the Gestapo. The NSA is tracking and storing everything you do online. You're engaging in histrionics because you're equating a Government that's acting Fascist with The Holocaust. If you understood even a little history, you'd understand that this comparison isn't a valid one. Fascism as an ideology was not conceived to put Jews in ovens. You're just tossing out the Godwin's Law card because you can't debate facts. It's lazy and a waste of everyone's time.

    I don't play the race card, you do (see below)
    Projection. You're not able to debate history and facts so you're engaging in ad hominems and dodging like Vince Vaughn.

    I don't trust the government to do anything. You're the one who trusts the government here. Trying for yet another strawman, I see. Typical.
    Who said anything about trust? Who has the power to investigate the IRS? Joe Arpaio? You do realize that it's Congress's job to investigate corruption within Government right?

    You're the one who turned this into Obama's race. Must be a dogwhistle thing. Keep playing that race card, it'll work for you someday.
    Huh? You're confused.

    Oh, and the KKK was conservative. History's a bitch. Not surprisingly, you wouldn't know history if it hit you across the face.
    KKK = Left Wing Collectivist Democrats. History is history.

    I'm engaging in a strawman fallacy? You're the one who can't address anything I actually said because to do so you would have to stray from your Con talking points.
    What have you said? Pages and pages now the only thing you've said is Issa is a meany and anyone who criticizes Obama wants to lynch him. When you actually post with some substance then maybe we'll take you more seriously.

    Do you think this is like the holocaust? Yes or no.
    Like I was saying, it's not possible to take you seriously. Nobody has ever claimed this is like the holocaust. You're engaging in a strawman. The IRS and the Obama Administration IS acting fascist however. That doesn't mean they are going to start marching jews to the ovens tomorrow. Grow up. If you can't separate history and discussion of the actual ideology without screaming holocaust then there is nothing more for us to discuss. It's not like we were having a discussion anyways. You're the guy with no moral compass who defends late term abortion on demand and then in another thread defend the IRS acting like the Gestapo by claiming anyone who criticizes them for acting Fascist thinks the next holocaust is going to happen tomorrow or something. I will admit it's hilarious to watch.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    And yet, none of the right wing political groups had their applications rejected by the IRS. How do you explain that?

    IRS Sent Same Letter to Democrats That Fed Tea Party Row - Bloomberg

    Do you really think 80% of those tea party groups qualify as social welfare? Thats kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?
    Oh hey another strawman you're tossing out.

    We've been over this before

    The IRS has already admitted it specifically targeted Tea Party and Religious Groups. 250+ Groups in fact were purposely targeted and had their applications held up for months and months. Their applications were "conveniently" held up until after the election and sent to special technical groups for "evaluation" while liberal groups were instantly approved.

    Why are you defending fascism and corruption?

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    the holocaust is something that required the cooperation of multiple factions. the Nazis collaborated with big business, its conquered territory, and of course its willing citizens who saw what was happening.

    and of course the holocaust happened with the allied and nuetral nations acted with complete indifference to the slaughter. we did nothing to stop the slaughter, we were too focused on the war againist the axis, just like the nazis were more obsessed by the war against the Jews to win the actual second world war.

    name one program that this administration created that matchs the cruelty and calculated savagery that the holocaust exibited
    I stand corrected. I've forgotton WAY more about the holocaust than you'll ever know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Lois Lernerís price for testimony: Immunity

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    What Right Wingers? You mean The Founding Fathers who stood for Constitutional Liberty? Those Right Wingers?

    Oh, do they want to play stupid bull**** games?

    Dodge noted.





    Projection. You're not able to debate history and facts so you're engaging in ad hominems and dodging like Vince Vaughn.
    Dodge noted.



    Who said anything about trust? Who has the power to investigate the IRS? Joe Arpaio? You do realize that it's Congress's job to investigate corruption within Government right?
    You're the one who says Issa is going after the truth.



    Huh? You're confused.
    It is very confusing talking to you. You weave in and out of positions faster than Bill Clinton.



    KKK = Left Wing Collectivist Democrats. History is history.
    Really, tell me how they were left-wing. Did they favor workers control of factories? Or is your view of history "bad = left wing, the Founding Fathers were right wingers because they were good?" Don't bother answering, we all know the answer.

    They fought to preserve the social order. Very Conservative


    What have you said? Pages and pages now the only thing you've said is Issa is a meany and anyone who criticizes Obama wants to lynch him. When you actually post with some substance then maybe we'll take you more seriously.
    Clearly reading comprehension is not your thing. Very common around here.


    Like I was saying, it's not possible to take you seriously. Nobody has ever claimed this is like the holocaust. You're engaging in a strawman. The IRS and the Obama Administration IS acting fascist however. That doesn't mean they are going to start marching jews to the ovens tomorrow. Grow up. If you can't separate history and discussion of the actual ideology without screaming holocaust then there is nothing more for us to discuss. It's not like we were having a discussion anyways. You're the guy with no moral compass who defends late term abortion on demand and then in another thread defend the IRS acting like the Gestapo by claiming anyone who criticizes them for acting Fascist thinks the next holocaust is going to happen tomorrow or something. I will admit it's hilarious to watch.
    Actually, I defended neither of those things. Not that I'd expect you to understand such things.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •