Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 324

Thread: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

  1. #71
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888

    Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    The question is did they create an unnecessary situation that led to the dogs death?

    Sure the man may have use poor judgement but he did not shoot the dog they did.

    When we entrust them with the authority that they have it comes with the expectation that they will use good judgement and act in our best interest.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Interesting that the police spokesperson justified the shooting by stating they were protecting the owner and not themselves.

    I also find it curious that the officer saw fit to discharge his weapon four times. Four times to down an animal in what appears to be crowded neighborhood. Makes me think the owner isn't the only potentially negligent one.

    The man may have been acting like an ass but that is not illegal, nor is playing loud music in the middle of the day. He was outside the perimeter. From the video I'm not seeing a justification for the arrest. At least not one that would stand up to scrutiny.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  3. #73
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    He put the dog in the car to keep it away from the cops and peacefully surrendered. He was far from 'negligent.'
    I have to disagree - it is a dog owners responsibility, at all times, to have their dog under control - that did not happen here. It was, perhaps, an honest mistake and an attempt to do the right thing, however, that doesn't change the fact that but for his not being in control of his dog, his dog is now dead.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #74
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Not putting the dog in the car would have been negligence. Mistakes can happen though without being negligent. I believe that is the case here.
    Actually, again, I have to disagree - if the dog owner was innocent, as seems to be the impression, there would be no reason for him to put a well behaving dog in the car simply because two police officers were approaching him. If two police officers approach you on the street, do you automatically turn around and put your hands behind your back to be handcuffed? That's at the very least an admission that he thought he'd done something wrong.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I have to disagree - it is a dog owners responsibility, at all times, to have their dog under control - that did not happen here. It was, perhaps, an honest mistake and an attempt to do the right thing, however, that doesn't change the fact that but for his not being in control of his dog, his dog is now dead.
    It's an arguable point as the man was at that point in cuffs. He probably should have closed the window but its a summer day, and he's looking at spending hours, if not the day, in custody. It was. Poor decision but an understandable one.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  6. #76
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    It's an arguable point as the man was at that point in cuffs. He probably should have closed the window but its a summer day, and he's looking at spending hours, if not the day, in custody. It was. Poor decision but an understandable one.
    But if the man is an innocent bystander, why would he expect to spend hours or days in custody? When I walk my dog, I never expect to be arrested. When I happen upon a police action, I never expect to be arrested. If I'm out to be a **** disturber, not that I ever am, I'm not going to bring my dog along with me - I love and respect my dog too much to put her in harm because of my stupidity - and if I have her with me when I decide to be a **** disturber, I'd bring her home first.

    The only being that has my sympathy in this situation, from what I've seen to date, is the innocent animal who did nothing wrong.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,441

    Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    But if the man is an innocent bystander, why would he expect to spend hours or days in custody? When I walk my dog, I never expect to be arrested. When I happen upon a police action, I never expect to be arrested. If I'm out to be a **** disturber, not that I ever am, I'm not going to bring my dog along with me - I love and respect my dog too much to put her in harm because of my stupidity - and if I have her with me when I decide to be a **** disturber, I'd bring her home first.

    The only being that has my sympathy in this situation, from what I've seen to date, is the innocent animal who did nothing wrong.
    Unless the police planned to uncuff him and let him off they were going to go through the arrest process which means he doesn't walk until after he's arraigned. That's at least half a day, maybe as much as two days - and having been arrested before the man is certainly aware of that.

    I agree the guy was probably being a jerk. I just think we may be overstating his negligence.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  8. #78
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Unless the police planned to uncuff him and let him off they were going to go through the arrest process which means he doesn't walk until after he's arraigned. That's at least half a day, maybe as much as two days - and having been arrested before the man is certainly aware of that.

    I agree the guy was probably being a jerk. I just think we may be overstating his negligence.
    I appreciate your take on this, but there's no overstating the dog owner's negligence because the dog is dead.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #79
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    It's an arguable point as the man was at that point in cuffs. He probably should have closed the window but its a summer day, and he's looking at spending hours, if not the day, in custody. It was. Poor decision but an understandable one.
    tehe window seemed down far enough that the dig didn't even struggle when escaping through it

    EDIT: after rewatching the video it seems the windows are fully open. Sorry, in no way is that securing your dog.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    But if the man is an innocent bystander, why would he expect to spend hours or days in custody? When I walk my dog, I never expect to be arrested. When I happen upon a police action, I never expect to be arrested. If I'm out to be a **** disturber, not that I ever am, I'm not going to bring my dog along with me - I love and respect my dog too much to put her in harm because of my stupidity - and if I have her with me when I decide to be a **** disturber, I'd bring her home first.

    The only being that has my sympathy in this situation, from what I've seen to date, is the innocent animal who did nothing wrong.
    Maybe because he knows how the local police department acts towards some people in their community. I am not sure at all he was a disturber, there is nothing in the video that suggests that.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •