Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 324

Thread: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

  1. #21
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You don't need the NSFW tag on this thread, your video isn't graphic in the slightest.

    If anyone would like to see the unedited, full version, go to YouTube and search "Police Shoot Dog, Gunshots Caught On Graphic Video", which is graphic and NSFW. This video will also show you why the dog was shot, since that's missing in OP's video.

    I would have shot that dog too if it lunged at me like that.


    The dog owner was making a scene.


    No, the dog was not shot as it approached the officers. The dog was with the officers for 11 seconds, sniffing at it's owner's cell phone which dropped on the ground, before it lunged at an officer, and then was shot.


    Yes he did. He was causing a disturbance at the perimeter of a barricade. That's a threat.


    You don't know that he was arrested. You know that he was handcuffed and being searched.


    The dog lunged at a cop. Your video conveniently left that out. I would have shot that dog too if it lunged at me like that.


    This was totally called for.
    You are voicing an opinion but an opinion I do not agree with, I am not saying that when it lunged it was not justified that the officer took actions to protect himself. He could however in the 10 seconds before taken his pepper spray and sprayed him in the face, incapacitating the dog (most likely) and if that would not have done the trick he could have still shot the dog.

    The man did not make a scene, he was commenting and taking footage with his phone. And a threat? With the first officer approximately 40 yards away? He didn't even touch the cop cars. In several news stories, including a dutch one, it spoke of "dog shot when police arrested owner" (or words to that effect but using the word arrested).

    The man posed no threat, he was very far away from where the stand off took place and the officers did not have to arrest him IMHO.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #22
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    He was shouting verious comments like "where all 'da black cops at" at the perimeter of a barricade.


    The dog attacked a cop.
    Yeah, in a police state you get arrested when you call out "where are the black cops at", in a normal society the police would have walked up and told the man to go about his business, get in his car and go away.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But if not for the unreasonable arrest there would have never been a reason to shoot that dog.
    The whole reason the cops were there in the first places is they were responding to an armed robbery call. Then this jackass 1. leaves music blaring from his car (that's interfering) and 2. starts shouting bumper-sticker slogans at the cops (which is also interference). The arrest was warranted.

    Then he failed to properly secure his dog, who then lunged at a cop, and was shot. Rightly so.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Here's a screen shot from the un-propagandized video showing the dog in mid-leap as it lunged at the cop:

    Attachment 67149765
    What idiot tries to grab the collar/leash of an aggressive (their words and your words) rottweiler?

    Mace, pepper spray, tazer or better yet, let go of the owner for a second and step 2 steps back. Release his handcuffs, let him put the dog back in the car, roll up the windows and if the cops still want to arrest him they can do that when the situation is under control.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    What idiot tries to grab the collar/leash of an aggressive (their words and your words) rottweiler?
    I have to agree with you there. I would have just shot the dog.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Mace, pepper spray, tazer or better yet, let go of the owner for a second and step 2 steps back. Release his handcuffs, let him put the dog back in the car, roll up the windows and if the cops still want to arrest him they can do that when the situation is under control.
    You've never had to actually detain anyone in the real world, have you.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Here's the song Leon Rosby left blaring in his car....




    Hawthorne police Lt. Scott Swain to the Daily Breeze: "It's interfering with what they are able to hear. It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them,”...




    Leon Rosby also has a pending civil case against the Hothorn police department. It seems Mr. Rosby is a bit of a vigilantly. I wonder if he left his windows down so that his dog would get shot so that he would have more publicity. That is how radicals think.



    All of this should have been in your OP. How convenient that you left out so many details, not the least of which was a proper video showing exactly why the dog was shot.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-02-13 at 03:44 PM.

  7. #27
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, that's very illegal. This man's behavior, in distracting the police, could be seen as interfering and/or harassment.


    Whether a person is 'obstructing, hindering, or delaying the officer' is up to the perception of the officer, not the person recording. Cops may well have safety concerns that are not immediately obvious to the amateur cameraman. We don't know that the dog's owner was actually arrested or charged with anything. OP's article clams such but where is the proof? For all we know the man was released without any charge.


    So? The dog lunged, that's enough to demonstrate the dog's intent and to kill it. You don't need to wait until you're injured to fire because the whole point is to prevent you from sustaining any injury in the first place.
    The crime of distracting the police? What a joke.

    Ah, so you are NOW intensely FOR gun control because a person having a gun near a police barracade is FAR more distracting!

    People that chickenXXXX should not be police officers.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The whole reason the cops were there in the first places is they were responding to an armed robbery call. Then this jackass 1. leaves music blaring from his car (that's interfering) and 2. starts shouting bumper-sticker slogans at the cops (which is also interference). The arrest was warranted.

    Then he failed to properly secure his dog, who then lunged at a cop, and was shot. Rightly so.
    Loud music, shouting slogans is reason for arrest. I am curious if that would have happened if he would have been white. It is not the first time that a Hawthorne police officer (or better yet an LA police officer because Hawthorne is an LA suburb) abused his/her power.

    From what I found when researching the "Hawthorne police" it seems they already paid 1,000,000 dollar in a settlement for handcuffing and then physically abusing someone they arrested. And there are more reports of police misconduct in Hawthorne.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  9. #29
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    I see you added a clarification that you say he was committing the crime of distracting police with music that white police wouldn't like. Absurd reasoning.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Loud music, shouting slogans is reason for arrest. I am curious if that would have happened if he would have been white. It is not the first time that a Hawthorne police officer (or better yet an LA police officer because Hawthorne is an LA suburb) abused his/her power.

    From what I found when researching the "Hawthorne police" it seems they already paid 1,000,000 dollar in a settlement for handcuffing and then physically abusing someone they arrested. And there are more reports of police misconduct in Hawthorne.
    I don't contest that this police department has some issues to work out, but shooting the dog was justified.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •