Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 324

Thread: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

  1. #271
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Any dog would behave like that. Barking at close range is not aggression, at least not violent aggression.
    Barking, growling, ears back, hind quarters tucked down, jowls forward . . . all these things are signs of aggression and/or fear.

    Dogs attack for several reasons.
    #1: fear of the unknown (people, situation)
    #2: threat against self
    #3: threat against owner
    #4: territorial displays

    Dogs can attack at a moment's notice with few signals - their actions were warranted.

    If the dog was trained properly by the owner he could have given it the command to sit - stay - etc . . . but he didn't bother training his dog for any reason. Animals aren't shields for humans - people can't just have a dog and get away with whatever behaviors they want.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #272
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    The dog died needlessly. The owner was irresponsible by not securing the dog properly in the car. The police saw a big dog and it wasn't being docile and immediately got their hackles up so to speak. The officers could have handled it differently without having to kill the dog and still not getting hurt.
    wasn't being docile? It charged at them until someone took a more assertive stance then eventually lunged at an officer. Secondly, the officer did try to grab the dog, twice I think, so I am unsure what else you expect them to do.

  3. #273
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Nor ignorance about dog behavior.
    there was clear aggressive behavior from the dog. This was even asserted to by the owner and is clearly visible from the film. Again, are you just wasting peoples time, or are you dishonest?

  4. #274
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    On what exactly?
    maybe watch the video, read about the guy causing disturbances at an active crime scene? You know, gather some factual basis to form an opinion

  5. #275
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I didn't say that people are obliged to be attacked by dogs. These officers weren't attacked by the dog. None of the officers were injured by the dog. They were justified because they were scared. Are regular civilians allowed to shoot any unrestrained dog they come across because they are scared?
    You're being dishonest. This was not some random animal just walking down the street, this was a dog exibiting clearly aggressive behavior and lunging at people

    My argument is solid
    as a beer fart

    because I understand dog behavior.
    no, you clearly do not


    If that dog was so aggressive that he would kill a grown man, he would have immediately jumped on them a bit and shook.
    He did immediately charge, as can be seen from the video. He stopped when one of the officers took a more assertive stance

    secondly, aggression is not simply shown on some binary scale as you claim.


    He was warning the police and telling them that he didn't like the situation.
    that's aggressive behavior, champ ...

  6. #276
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    why do you keep putting this idea forward that people have an obligation to be attacked by dogs before responding to obviously aggressive behavior and that dog attacks may be ok because there is a chance they might not be fatal?

    Does this seriously strike you as a well thought out argument?
    Sounds ignit.

    Not risking getting 72 stitches (still alive and not fatal) for the life of a dog.

    My ole man shot his own dogs for less.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    I'm not convinced that the police should have handcuffed the guy. He was only throwing words their way.

    But that aside, I can't fault the cop for shooting. He didn't shoot until the dog lunged. If I were carrying and a dog that size lunged at me I would shoot. I'd feel like crap about it, but I would shoot. It is sad, though. Poor guy was just trying to protect his owner.

  8. #278
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Barking, growling, ears back, hind quarters tucked down, jowls forward . . . all these things are signs of aggression and/or fear.

    Dogs attack for several reasons.
    #1: fear of the unknown (people, situation)
    #2: threat against self
    #3: threat against owner
    #4: territorial displays

    Dogs can attack at a moment's notice with few signals - their actions were warranted.

    If the dog was trained properly by the owner he could have given it the command to sit - stay - etc . . . but he didn't bother training his dog for any reason. Animals aren't shields for humans - people can't just have a dog and get away with whatever behaviors they want.
    A cop could use any reason to shoot a dog. "He was looking at me funny"

    The real question is why they were harassing this guy in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    A cop could use any reason to shoot a dog. "He was looking at me funny"

    The real question is why they were harassing this guy in the first place.
    The real question is why was he harassing them......

    Blaring music so loud it was making it difficult for officers to communicate on the scene of a crime they were working.
    Refusing to turn down said music.
    Cursing at them and ****ing with the crime scene boundary.
    Being a little race baiting bitch.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #280
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Police Shoot Dog, gunshots caught on graphic video (NSFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    maybe watch the video, read about the guy causing disturbances at an active crime scene? You know, gather some factual basis to form an opinion
    HUGE disturbance. I mean they must've not been able to do their jobs correctly.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •