Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 102

Thread: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many of those businesses are inactive. i.e. don't conduct business, but are set up as dummy corporations. I have two LLC's in my name that haven't paid taxes since I created them. At the same time, neither of them have made a single dime, since I created them, either.

    Don't blame the corporations for not paying taxes on positive profits; blame the IRS. Those companies may not have paid those taxes, yet, but they will.
    I am not blaming any one for not paying taxes, I am pointing out that your claim that all businesses pay taxes was just something you made up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not blaming any one for not paying taxes, I am pointing out that your claim that all businesses pay taxes was just something you made up.
    And, those businesses will pay those taxes, eventually; along with the pirate level interest rates and penalties, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #83
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, those businesses will pay those taxes, eventually; along with the pirate level interest rates and penalties, too.
    So we are right back to making **** up again...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So we are right back to making **** up again...
    What am I making up? Are you now claiming that the IRS doesn't charge interest and penalties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What am I making up? Are you now claiming that the IRS doesn't charge interest and penalties?
    No, I am claiming you have not read the sources, don't know the information presented, and as such are saying stupid stuff that is already refuted by those sources. When called on making **** up, best not to double down on that same stupid crap.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What deductions do large corporatiobs get that small corporations aren't allowed under the tax code?
    I did not mention deductions. I'm no accountant, but I understand the bigger picture.

    Political clout, is what I mentioned, and in-house attorneys and accountants. Political clout means they have a very large role in writing the laws that effect them. Subsidies and tax breaks are examples, not deductions.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I did not mention deductions. I'm no accountant, but I understand the bigger picture.

    Political clout, is what I mentioned, and in-house attorneys and accountants. Political clout means they have a very large role in writing the laws that effect them. Subsidies and tax breaks are examples, not deductions.
    A businesses size has nothing to do with getting subsidies and tax breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A businesses size has nothing to do with getting subsidies and tax breaks.
    Correct. It's political connections have everything to do with its getting subsidies, tax breaks, and other favorably written statutes.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Correct. It's political connections have everything to do with its getting subsidies, tax breaks, and other favorably written statutes.
    An industry, but not a single business, perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: U.S. Companies Pay Just One-Third Of The Legal Tax Rate: GAO Study

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    An industry, but not a single business, perhaps.
    Corporations, and organizations of corporations. Is that a cabal?

    Get David Cay Johnston's book, The Fine Print. It's very well researched and very well documented.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •